You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Tune Contest #76 - A New Dimension

sharprainmusic

It seems victory defeated our previous heroes. After the bitter battle a few months ago there have been many political parties fighting for power. Always operating in secret, weaving plans against our heroes. Of course no one could take them down head on, they were too powerful, the general public viewed these heroes as gods. So rumours were spread, these rumours became whispers, these whispers became talk and this talking became shouts. The heroes had to be hunted, out of the city, there was no place for gods in a civilisation rebuilding themselves after a devastating war.

Our heroes knew they had out stayed their welcome, it was time to move on. Securing passage on a cargo plane they flew away to find their next adventure. Looking back with regrets in their hearts and a disdain for the political sabotage they knew they had to move on and face the unknown.

'No more heroes' The plane was shocked by a booming voice, apparently appearing from no where. The sky darkened and our heroes stared in amazement and horror as a red hue appeared in front of the plane. A portal...a portal leading to some new place...dimension. 'No..more...heroes' The voice repeated as before, this time cracking showing signs of remorse and regret. The plane jolted and showing no signs of its own control or that of the pilots shouting words of obscenity it entered the portal.

---------

Hey guys! This is the next contest 'A New Dimension' basically a soundtrack for flying through a riff..maybe in time...or just space. Think of 2001 space oddity, a soundtrack for the sequence of being outside of normality.

Standard rules here so:
more than 1 min
ending date: 29/07/2016

Is that ending date correct?

Lloyde_Sorrow

Is that ending date correct? It's currently July 2nd (02/07/2016). If the end date is correct, that's a loooooong time, haha.

CRAP CRAP CAP CRAP CRAP CRAP

sharprainmusic

CRAP CRAP CAP CRAP CRAP CRAP Never let me in charge of anything 29/07/2016 MAUAHASHSHFHGAG

:P

Lloyde_Sorrow

Haha! You must be tired. :P

Doubt I can make an entry I'm

BigHeadClan

Doubt I can make an entry I'm playing best man at my friends wedding this month and am pulling double duty with work, but it's a cool topic so if I can get something in I will.

I like the theme, there are

Avaruussaha

I like the theme, there are lots of ways to go about this that instantly click with me.

This sounds fun :D The first

MechaKrauser

This sounds fun :D

The first thing I thought of was Hans Zimmerman's score from Interstellar. And I think you mean Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. Good movie. I'm gonna give it a rewatch and try to think of something alien and spacey :)

yea, me no good with

sharprainmusic

yea, me no good with writing...and research...and stuffs...theme everybody!

Re: Tune Contest #76 - A New Dimension

MechaKrauser

10 days left! Anyone forgot yet? Haha. Might be a good time to start a *ahem* Final Countdown *cough* heading for Venus~ *cough* *ahem*

Work went from double duty to

BigHeadClan

Work went from double duty to triple duty, I have played guitar maybe twice this whole month. lol

So nothing from me unless inspiration strikes whilst I'm camping.

How about this.

re4der

Is this eligible for the contest? If so count me in.
My entry

Huuuum, i'm not sure your

hashel

Huuuum, i'm not sure your song fits the theme, but it's not me who judges.

----------

I do VGM covers and stuff at https://www.youtube.com/c/hashel

It's been created as

re4der

It's been created as 'spaceship floating through space' theme. Thought it'd fit travelling through a portal. Maybe you're right through, doesn't exactly fit the part about 'outside of normality'.

I think it sounds pretty

MechaKrauser

I think it sounds pretty cool, re4der. Maybe a little bit repetitive. Reminds me of this in a way. It sort of gives me the vibe like you're drifting out in space, but slowly drifting away from everything into nothingness, rather than being forcefully drawn into... idk a vortex or black hole or something dangerous, mysterious, or mind-breaking like that. That's just the impression I had. Still think it sounds cool :)

I'll hopefully have mine done this weekend sometime...

Thats exactly the feeling I

re4der

Thats exactly the feeling I wanted to give to this track. Cant wait to hear your theme!

Mine sounds like...

MechaKrauser

Well, considering the theme, I've been drawing inspiration from this, so I think there's a pretty good chance of it being considered "outside of normality".

Actually, just kidding so don't get your hopes up Sharprain :P

3 tries to guess where my portal leads to...

Wow, nice theme man.

kage25130

Wow, nice theme man.

----------

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Ah Man we are live again! I

sharprainmusic

Ah Man we are live again!

I wanna know where the portal goes Mecha...but then again....maybe not haha

re4der - I like it! It reminds of the Bowie track listed in the description. Great job man!

It wont be the same without you Bigheadclan! Guitario that man up!

Cheers Kage!

5 days left!

Hah, thanks! That's pity I

re4der

Hah, thanks! That's pity I did not know about that contest before.

My entry isn't done just jet.

MechaKrauser

My entry isn't done just jet. I thought up too many variations and layers and the overall sound is too muddled... Need to trim the fat... I'll probably push it close to last minute but I'll post something.

I can say with almost 99.9% certainty that the portal will not, in fact, lead to the much anticipated nekomimi paradise of popular demand.

We'll See

Lloyde_Sorrow

I may or may not submit anything. Having a bit of a hard time coming up with something I like and that seems suitable.

If I May...

Dean Reano

Flux

Forgot about this... I

Avaruussaha

Forgot about this... I already had about 30s sketched out so I think I can post something next week (away for the weekend), if you want to wait.

we can extend to 13th August?

sharprainmusic

we can extend to 13th August?

Dont know about others but

Avaruussaha

Dont know about others but Ill be done by 7th at the latest.

Actually I think I'm going to

MechaKrauser

Actually I think I'm going to redact my promise for an entry. I'm not satisfied with what I've written so far and I was going to just post it as-is, but that would be too embarrassing after all lol.

Honestly I'm feeling a bit burnt out and, even with a deadline extension, don't feel like trying to salvage my entry. And I don't want to start over from scratch at this point either. So I'm going to drop it and take a break for now. I'll try and participate in the next contest!

no problem mecha, being a

sharprainmusic

no problem mecha, being a true artist is to know when you are burnt and need to re coop!

so lets extend to the 7th :D

Here we go... It's a bit

Avaruussaha

Here we go... It's a bit strange, for some reason I chose 7/4 to work in. Radio stuff loaned from 'Danger Flight (1939)'.
Happy Landings

A bit of scary here, mystery there, and wonder all around. A strange landing is ahead, hopefully a happy one.

Procrastination

Lloyde_Sorrow

I'll try to have something finished by the day's end. I should be able to manage that. :3 I've already got a good amount of it done.

Oh man, Ava, that's so good

hashel

Oh man, Ava, that's so good !!!

----------

I do VGM covers and stuff at https://www.youtube.com/c/hashel

My Entry!

Lloyde_Sorrow

Alright, here is my entry! I made it to go with the picture I found for the outro "scene" for my Twitch streams, but it fits the theme of this contest (the picture is meant to be the "Void" dimension... at least in my mind xD).

DELETE

Lloyde_Sorrow

Double Post :/

You woke me up with your

BigHeadClan

You woke me up with your double post yesterday morning Lyode.... Shame on you~! Hah not really looking forward to all the submissions though.

Ok I am gonna end this, sorry

sharprainmusic

Ok I am gonna end this, sorry have been away for the weekend.

I love these entries, so beautiful and serene.

A Night By The Campfire by re4der - Beautiful guitar work, good use of minor chords.

Happy Landings by Avaruussaha - a great building of atmosphere right from the start. Piano really shines through, epic work.

Exiting the Void by Lloyde Sorrow - epic and beautiful. similar to the ME3 OST, great choice using the violin to cut through everything.

Winner is
Avaruussaha

I felt the piece as a whole fit the original premise perfectly. Congratulations!

Ok I am gonna end this, sorry

sharprainmusic

Ok I am gonna end this, sorry have been away for the weekend.

I love these entries, so beautiful and serene.

A Night By The Campfire by re4der - Beautiful guitar work, good use of minor chords.

Happy Landings by Avaruussaha - a great building of atmosphere right from the start. Piano really shines through, epic work.

Exiting the Void by Lloyde Sorrow - epic and beautiful. similar to the ME3 OST, great choice using the violin to cut through everything.

Winner is
Avaruussaha

I felt the piece as a whole fit the original premise perfectly. Congratulations!

Congratulations to the

re4der

Congratulations to the winner! It's well deserved.

Congratumalations!

Lloyde_Sorrow

Cogratulations Ava!I knew you would win the moment I heard your piece. Nicely done :) Congrats to the others as well. *bows*

You missed Dean Reano's

Avaruussaha

You missed Dean Reano's Flux!

But I'll take it and run anyway. Next one is going to be a swamp theme, if it hasn't been done yet. Thread coming up at some point.