You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Got a new guitar!! Started recording!!

johnbie

John Lee

I've been reluctant on uploading recordings because of the audio quality, but now that I'm getting a new guitar (arriving tomorrow I think) and I have a better mic I am thinking of playing out my tabs.

So I have a question for you. Which song should I cover first? Do you recommend songs that I haven't made? I'm all ears.

I haven't been doing a lot of tabs lately have I? I was actually working on a tab outside of gaming domain. It's a SONG in a Korean drama; one of few dramas I actually watched. Anyways, I hope to cover Heartache next; provided I don't sidetrack.

EDIT: Got the guitar. Sounds great and looks pretty. Neat deal for what it cost (less than $200). I'm thinking of covering the following songs for my first set: Quiet Water, His Theme, and Megolvania.

nice, what kind of guitar did

quinndangle2

nice, what kind of guitar did you get? i've been looking at a cordoba fusion/orchestra 12, yamaha ncx or maybe saving some pennies and looking at a flamenco negra (camps primera looks and sounds the goods). There's not an amazing range of mid end classical guitars available in Australia so i may end up having to sell of some of the my electrics and acoustics and importing... :(

I reckon His Theme would be a good place to start with recording the pieces you've arranged, but if you felt like something different tomorning's tabs are always preddy cool http://www.gametabs.net/crois%C3%A9e-in-foreign-labyrinth/ikoku-no-choro. My preferences are probably very different to yours so just record whatever you have fun playing i reckon

----------

=(8^(|)=(8^(|)=(8^(|)
facebook: /brent.quinn5

Well Undertale is pretty

BigHeadClan

Well Undertale is pretty popular right now but I wouldn't be surprised if you were tired of doing stuff related to that game, if I had to pick Megalovania maybe?

Congrats on the new guitar by the way.

If you do Heartache, could

BacardiBreezer

When I make it big covering game music, I'll change my name to Solitary Icecube.

If you do Heartache, could you submit the tab? I really like that song :)

I don't have any tabs in mind

auriplane

I don't have any tabs in mind to suggest, but happy New Guitar Day! :-)

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: If you do Heartache, could

johnbie

John Lee

No need to worry! I always upload my tabs, though I might decide to upload them later than the video.

When heartache comes out so will the tab.

There's nothing like a new

MechaKrauser

There's nothing like a new guitar to get yourself out of a slump and crank up your motivation gauge to the max! If I ever manage to save up enough dough for another one, it'll be one of the Ibanez acoustic 7-strings.

P.S. It should be cool to post your tab from the Korean drama in the Film and TV thread.

Re: If you do Heartache, could

johnbie

John Lee

It's finally here.