You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

copy guitars

enryu

would u ever get a copy guitar ie.. epiphone sg at around 240 ish or epiphone les paul for 350. they abit more affordable if u on a bugdet but would they sound as good as the proper guitars that are around the 1000 plus mark.

Dont get a cheap SG, they

CpxAzn

Lurker

Dont get a cheap SG, they feel like crap, unbalanced, and the cutaway is horrible. Don't know about the les pauls though. Like I posted in your other post, Ibanez =)

I wouldn't, the 1000 dollars+

StrangeJam

Da Manliness

I wouldn't, guitars in the 1000 dollars+ realm are priced like that for a reason, although to be honest it comes down to pickups,the bridge, build and the word GIBSON on the headstock.
but those 1000 bucks guitar are really something else, I've used a Gibson explorer in the past and it was probably the most comfortable, sweetest sounding guitar i've ever touched.

I was lucky enough to inherit

Black91crx

I was lucky enough to inherit a 1960 Gibson southern jumbo acoustic. I don't play very well but I can tell a huge difference in playing it compared to newer, cheaper guitars.

Acoustic + Age = Better. A

BooDoo

People

Acoustic + Age = Better.

A knock-off from the 70s will probably sound better than a 'real' equivalent right off the shelf (for now.)

i can do wonders with my

SalemJake

Bewitched

i can do wonders with my stratcopy. it doesnt matter as long as you can do what you enjoy.

I'd say it is a matter of

StrangeJam

Da Manliness

I'd say it is a matter of personal taste.
while I definetly agree that a good guitar doesn't make a good guitarist,
some simply prefer the extra comfort they get.

I use an epiphone sg, and I

Zero

The Red Mega Man

I use an epiphone sg, and I rather love the thing. I also own a B.c Rich warlock and a dean vendetta. The SG though is my favorite. It's true that a good guitar does not make a good guitarist. Being able to make a cheap guitar sound good is talent in itself. As long as you enjoy playing guitar, I don't think it really matters.

I own a Les Paul and I love

ChelseaRare

I own a Les Paul and I love it, but I've played copy Les Pauls before and they have sounded just as nice.
I'd say just get whatever you can afford and play to your hearts content. I lucked out. My Les Paul was given to me.

----------

(.?!)

There are good cheap guitars.

hilo890

There are good cheap guitars. I have what was a 250 dollar acoustic that I love.

special

hero of the kokiri

get the epiphone special. thats what i have and its awsome. but get the special 2

----------

Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth...

Depends

BigHeadClan

Sometimes you find little gems that cost nothing and sometimes you gotta dig deep to get what you want. Personally I find that $750-$850 range is the best, do a pickup swap and the thing will play like a $1500+ guitar. And if your talking about classic and steel string guitars then they only sound better with time.

I got some good years out of

auriplane

I got some good years out of my Epiphone LP, but in retrospect I wish I had gotten a decent guitar in the first place.

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: copy guitars

Giogiogio4

For all the dreamers: Our planet's dream is not over yet...

1. Wood is Wood.

2. Knock Off guitars always have the worst electronics. They are project Guitars.

3. Just because it's "made in the USA" doesn't means it's worth 3k+. It's expensive because you're paying for a name and that's it. Labor cost more here so they have to charge more. A Ton more are actually Made in China and are simply assembled elsewhere.

4. Expect them to be assembled poorly , but that's a given.. they were shipped in a Box from China/elsewhere.

there are 3 types of Knockoffs.
------------------------------------
#1 Everything is in good working order. But the screws,nuts,wiring,pickups are cheap.
A few hundred dollars in new parts and it's good as any other guitar.

#2 Fretting was poorly done. A few warped screw holes and of course bad wiring.
Cost a few hundred and get the frets reworked, Replace the wires and fit any screw hole
or re screw new holes so the neck sits better and so on.

#3 Broken, horrible and just complete garbage. Or you didn't get what you ordered.

Honestly the whole "China" thing when it comes to knockoffs is retarded. Does the world not realise that these countries are the ones making these things to begin with? They have the Gear and the Blueprints to create Knock offs. South Korea is #1 In the world when it comes to education and so on.

The Entire Stereotype to any product produced by these countries is a joke and honestly just seems like a Fear tactic to keep people buying overpriced products.

----------

My Art for sale! : Here

Latest Recording:Man of the World

my 300 dollar steel string

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

my 300 dollar steel string was made in south korea.

it's better than anything in the same price bracket made here.

Guys, this post is four years

karathrow

Guys, this post is four years old. what are you doing :|

Re: Guys, this post is four years

Giogiogio4

For all the dreamers: Our planet's dream is not over yet...

karathrow said

----------

My Art for sale! : Here

Latest Recording:Man of the World

Re: Guys, this post is four years

auriplane

karathrow said

Having a conversation.

Is there something wrong with necro-bumping? I mean, I know it's frowned on on other forums, but does it cause any problems for us? I view it as an excuse to start jabbering again :-)

----------

Auriplane!!

It's okay guys kara got a

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

It's okay guys

kara got a little anxious because it's pretty unusual to talk about guitars on gametabs

From now on, necroposting is

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

From now on, necroposting is cool.

Knock Off are ok if you truly

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

Knock Off are ok if you truly want a guitar model but don't want to spend too much money on it. Offcourse it will be crap compared to the "real" model, but yeah again, if someone buy a cheap knock off I don't think that they are looking for a good-quality guitar. At the end if the neck is ok and the mechanical is good, you can put the worst piece of wood in a good multieffect + a good amp, and it will sound "ok".
Talking about brands, I think that Epiphone is kinda good, nothing like Gibson ofc, but I think that is one of the better sub-brand out of there. The worst one I played is probably Tenson, cheap unofficial brand, you can get their strato for like 60$.
I shall make a topic to talk 'bout worst guitar brand!

----------

"Pasta Is Good For You" - The Pasta Guy