You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

string

XonimaruX

if one of our string broken and we want to change it,are we suppose to be change all the string?????

Re: string

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

Yes, change all of them.

Mash

kalon as hell

Your string broke? Oh dear. Replacing strings is an impossible thing to do. The only way to continue playing the guitar is to buy a new one, sorry.

Maikoi92

Linsey

Really change all of them? :O I just replace the snapped string with another one, from the same set as the one currently on the guitar.

Jacob31593

its better to change all of them at the same time but if you only have one for whatever reason and it happens to be the one you need then just slap it on

auriplane

If you CAN change all of them, go for it. If you can't (like if you don't have money for it), you can get a single for a dollar at any music store. Your guitar won't catch on fire if you only change one string ;-)

----------

Auriplane!!

Juja

I'm a cheap asshole, so I only change 1 string at a time. Some of the strings on my guitars haven't been changed or like 2 or 3 years, and none of them have been changed in the past year.

Brainsick Fungus

Minstrel of the Fungal Funk

Another good thing to know when changing the strings on your guitar is to change each string one at a time. Don't take them all off at once. Such a quick, drastic change to the tension placed on the neck of the guitar is bad for it.

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

Brainsick Fungus said

Another good thing to know when changing the strings on your guitar is to change each string one at a time. Don't take them all off at once. Such a quick, drastic change to the tension placed on the neck of the guitar is bad for it.

That's an annoying lie.
Try using some common sense and think for a moment.

Luthiers must take off all the guitar strings to work on a guitar, same for simpler things like adjusting intonation and the like.

Unless your guitar is a piece of shit, taking the strings off all at once will not fuck up your neck.

Just don't go leaving an un-stringed guitar in the sun all day or do something similarly stupid.

Common fucking sense, it shouldn't be an oxymoron, really.

atukomanga

Shiny/Glowy object collector

surreal said

Just don't go leaving an un-stringed guitar in the sun all day or do something similarly stupid.

Of course, leaving your guitar in the sun all day, even when strung, is a bad idea in the first place.

Since we're on the subject of strings. My guitar hasn't been restrung in about 6 months. Is there any point where you're better off restringing the guitar, or does nothing really happen? Also, should you destring the guitar if you plan on putting it away for a while? I'm running out of room in my room, and I know that if I hide it in the storage room, it won't be played for a while.

----------

ウイル ワツク フォオ アニメ クラツプ
Will Work for Anime Crap

auriplane

Don't destring it when you put it in storage, it'll warp the wood if you leave it that way long enough. (I'm sure you can get away with it for a little while, but no reason to try it...)

----------

Auriplane!!