You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

What kind of guitar do you have?

anandjones

RomUlator

What kind of guitar do you have? I have a Squier Affinity Stratocaster which I'm selling so I will probably get a Samick instead.

Re: What kind of guitar do you have?

>_>

My starter guitar was a Starcaster by Fender, yet another Strat ripoff. It's currently ripped apart, as I have spray painted the pickguard gold and I'm yet to reattach it.
Next came the Ibanez GAX30(TR), a pretty little machine.
Until I get my amp back that I've lent out, I'm stuck with my acoustic, Ibanez SAGE.

Skillface

I have a crappy strat fake.

In a few months I'm buying a Schecter Omen-6 though.

archard

I have two Epiphones which you can see pictures of in the "Post a picture of your guitar" thread ;)

----------

DANG

HeavensUltima

my first ever guitar was no-name brand SG (literally no brand name on it, it was just blank.) my second
and current guitar is a Les Paul copy from a company named renegade. real les paul's are way too exspensive
for my family :cry:

Alastor

A black Epiphone Les Paul Special-II

Next guitar I'm getting is a satin black Jackson DK2 Dinky.

oldschoolgamer98

Cherry Epi. SG G-400, its purty :D

Silfrgluggr

Ebony fender squire starter...yea lame i know

nivlek

I have a "spectrum" which is a strat copy and 2 acoustics, one steel string that my uncle made and a nylon string which was my first one.

goldsac

bass guy

The Gear List:

yamaha 5 string bass (fretted) - similar to the nathan east model..i forget the specifics but it's my main man.
yamaha 4 string bass (fretless) - lower end model. i liked this yamaha, so i got the above. Had the old one defretted to give it a purpose (ear exercise, for one)
esteve 6 string classical guitar - that's all i know, but it's sick nonetheless!

Fender BXR200 modified 15" combo - has a 15" speak in it, but i split the head/speaker connection so i can send my signal into...
Ampeg BXT-410HL4 - highlight of my "rig"...beautiful tone this cab gives ya

i also use a Digitech BP200 pedal. It's not the greatest of pedals at all for the pre-programmed effects ("i know! let's program a pedal with 80 pre-programmed effects, each with drastically different volume settings!") but pretty decent for custom settings, i find.

----------

He's a birdman, baby, and he won't be pigeonholed

according to my friend I talked with today, I've got a 1950-1960 Univox. Never knew it was so old, to be honest. But then again... it was my father's.

Rembrant

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Ovation Celebrity 2k3
OLP Wolfgang
Jackson Dinky
Some Ibanez.

----------

I am working on Spiral Mountain Blues for Banjo Tooie.

satoshi

my starter guitar Yamaha Pacifica
after that bought a LTD KH-202 find that i didn't like it so trying to sell both of them....

silofolous

I've only played a few months (10 or so), so I'm not good enough to buy a second guitar, but what I have now is a Rondo Strat copy, left-handed. Friggin love the thing.

Zero

The Red Mega Man

I actually have 4 electric guitars and an acoustic that my dad bought. The 4 electrics are the following: A cheap starter guitar(Silvertone), Dean Vendetta, B.C.Rich Warlock, and an Epiphone SG special in cherry color. The acoustic I don't really know too much about. It just says it's made by Copley. :)

Vicz1717

Electric Ibanez GRX-20
Acoustic Takamine (forgot the series)
Unknown brand Classic Guitar.

MagisterMundi

Well I've got 4 guitars.

Electric guitars:
Gibson SG Standard (Had to work all summer to get one)
Squier Standard Double Fat Strat

Acoustic guitars:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Encore RCG50N

bajam

Addicted to DS

I have a PRS Custom22, or something like that. I'm actually a little embarassed that I know so little about my guitar or how it works. I just know how to make sounds when I put my fingers on certain strings. /shrug I paid like $1300 for it a few years ago and it's been serving me well, it sounds amazing and my Youtube videos don't do it justice.

----------

[url:ghav5t3i]http://www.youtube.com/heist081[/url:ghav5t3i]

Takoon

Section Leader

My main guitar is my acoustic, which is a Taylor Big Baby. I couldn't ask for a better guitar. It's so beautiful, and perfect for me, since my hands are so small.

I have an electric, which is a Vinci. It's just to mess around with and, according to my dad, so that I don't play too hard with my Taylor. ^ ^ Basically, it's a Rage Control Guitar.

----------

"Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings."

VoxHumana

You spoony bard!

I've an Ibanez RG 2550E made in japan in 2005. It's absolutely gorgeus and plays really well. Right now i'm playing my dad's twenty-year-old takamine (which sounds incredible for the price he bought it for) when i want to play anything classical(read, final fantasy music from gametabs ^^).

Right now, however, I'm considering the purchase of a steel-string acoustic. Not for campfire musicianship, but one of higher quality. Too bad those babies I'm looking at usually cost something like a thousand euros, so making the decision is a bit painful =D

----------

Gaming atm:
WC3, FFIX, FFXII, Okami

Knightmare

Hehe im new to the forum, i was roaming and i saw this hehe. My first electric guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul (junior) which my cousin gave me when i wanted to learn. It didnt work. I repaired it a pair of times, buy it just broke. I bought a Cort Bass for start... Now i have in my hands a Flying V (V-Factor), ebony hehe.

SamuraiDanny

Rising Guitarist

I gots a Yamaha C45MA and I'm gonna try to buy an Epiphone Les Paul II at the end of the summer, WOOHOO!!!

----------

Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some, but other times, you get some.

Reyn

Loves Kicking Babies

I'm poor, so I could only afford up a Dean Vendetta XM100.

I don't own but use an Ibanez RG 370DX and Jackson WRXT.

chewy7719

Gamer/Metalhead

I started with a Behringer strat rip off. A decent starter, but couldn't stay in tune for more than 5 minutes.

Almost a year ago I upgraded to a Schecter Gryphon Flametop and absolutely love it. :D

I also have an Epiphone Mandobird VIII Mandolin and a cheap Ibanez acoustic.

rat_in_a_cage

the weird uncle

My first guitar was a standard Made in Mexico Fender Telecaster.
Other than that, I have a red Ibanez Gio, a Mexican Fender Stratocaster, an Epiphone Les Paul, and a Fender Jaguar Baritone Custom.
I also have a Takamine dreadnought, an Alvarez acoustic-electric, a Fender dreadnought, and a '68 Garcia classical.

Miyanokouji

I have a Squier Strat at the moment ( :( )

I am (hopefully) getting a Casio DG-20 soon.

Mokbie

Woah?

I've got a Craftman Western guitar. I'm gonna buy a electric guitar in a couple of months I guess.

----------

[img:31pt9io3]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/CrazySoldier/LuckyStar.gif[/img:31pt9io3]

Sonic5688

Jackson Randy Rhodes