You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Tune Contest # 43 - Ethereal

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Tune Contest # 43 – Ethereal

Due By: May 28, 2013 (Extension will be given if needed!)

The theme of this contest is “Ethereal.” I’d say some more but I want your imaginations to run free and not be influenced by my thoughts! So, good luck to you all! Look forward to hearing your entries!

Requirements:
  • Minimum Length: ~1 minute
  • Maximum Length: INFINITE!
  • Instrumentation: Whatever you see fit!

1. That was a fast line up 2.

BigHeadClan

1. That was a fast line up
2. Minimal length of time?

That is all...

Oops!

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

1. Speedy Gonzales! (Did I spell that correctly? xD)
  2. Ooops! Silly me forgetting to put the minimum length of time XD Sorry about that! I'll add it to the OP right away!

Maybe I should have waited a day or so to give everyone a break from the previous contest... hmmm. We'll all have to keep that in mind for future contests, I suppose. ^_^

----------

"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you."

*Googles "Ethereal"*

Giogiogio4

For all the dreamers: Our planet's dream is not over yet...

*Googles "Ethereal"*

----------

My Art for sale! : Here

Latest Recording:Man of the World

You want heavenly? I'll give

jit

You want heavenly? I'll give you over 10 hours of heavenly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh7lp9umG2I

Re: You want heavenly? I'll give

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

jit: :O Jeezus lawl!

Gio: I thought about putting a definition in the OP when I created it but figured people would know what it meant. I suppose I should not assume such things. Sorries!

----------

Hmmm

BigHeadClan

This is way outside the scope of what I normally write, well time to listen to every "ethereal" type song I have on
repeat for next few days!

Hmm. I think I'll actually

Basisti94

Hmm. I think I'll actually try to record me playing piano this time. Hopefully it turns out well :P

BigHeadClan: I know whatcha

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

BigHeadClan: I know whatcha mean :D

Basisti94: I'm sure it will turn out well :D

----------

My Entry

Basisti94

Faraway Western Shore
Alright, here is my entry. It's quite a simple one and the rhythm is a mess (I'm quite bad at recording piano apparently) but it catches the mood I was aiming for pretty well in my opinion.
About the title, the western shore is quite common metaphor for heaven or afterlife. And by common I mean that I've seen it used that way in Lord of the Rings and Tales of Earthsea :P

Here I am

Brody

So here's my one: Etheral I tryed to make something spiritual ;)

Hmmm Crunch time and nothing

BigHeadClan

Hmmm Crunch time and nothing is written, well I do my best work when the pressure is on and I'm dead tired.

God of "ethereal" music, come to me!

ahhh!! i am making one dont

soundsandstuff

ahhh!! i am making one dont close the door yet~! i was distracted by pokemon black version 2 i just beat it actually mmmmmm champeon

Re: Hmmm Crunch time and nothing

BigHeadClan

BigHeadClan said

Hmmm Crunch time and nothing is written, well I do my best work when the pressure is on and I'm dead tired.

God of "ethereal" music, come to me!

.....He didn't come, lol well I managed to get started on it anyhow.

you can make it soundsandstuff!

mine, mine this one i imagine

soundsandstuff

mine, mine

this one i imagine as a relaxing ambient kind of cloud club in the heavens, a hidden level, dance it

Heavenly Club 24 7

hehe, looks like we got a break bigheadclan, you can make it too!!

BigHeadClan!

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Don't give up!

----------

Well I guess that means

BigHeadClan

Well I guess that means extension, should have it done by Monday then :)

And here it is ~ Ethereal

Hmm.. I thought I was the

BigHeadClan

Hmm..

I thought I was the last one to submit, was there any other's beside mine??

Re: Hmm..I thought I was the

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

I don't think so. I'll wait 'til the end of day just in case. Results should be up sometime tomorrow!

----------

Results!

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Alright, it is time! My apologies for the delay!
Now, I know that everyone always says that judging these contests and choosing someone for 1st place is hard, but it's true. It's no easy task for various reasons. But it must be done and so it shall! So, without further ado HERE WE GO!

Basisti94: I enjoyed your piece quite a bit. You did the best you could in recording it and I think it turned out pretty well. :) Very relaxing piece, it is. Great work! :-)
Brody: I enjoyed your piece as well, Brody. It's quite nice. Some of the things are louder than others and bury them a bit, but that's too much of a problem, you still did a great job. :)
soundsandstuff: Ah, such a lovely piece we have here! You did a great job. :-)
BigHeadClan: Mr. Big Head! We come to you at last! I enjoyed your piece as well! It is quite lovely. Very relaxing. You did a great job! :-)

And the second hard part: choosing the winner! I do not wish to anger or upset anyone, but if such a thing happens then it happens! It is inevitable. You all did a great job, so keep that in mind despite whether you win 1st place or not! It would be easier to have three judges and spread the decision across them instead of just leaving it to one person, I think haha. But enough! The winner of Tune Contest # 43 is: BigHeadClan!

Congratulations to you all!

----------

Oh Wow...

BigHeadClan

Oh Wow I was not expecting that at all! I thought Basisti94 had that in the bag, then again I am a sucker for anything with Piano and Waves in the background...

Well this is normally were I say some nice words about how honored I am to have won, but seeing as I currently lack those words and have re-written this paragraph at least a dozen times I will skip the formalities.

I should have a suitable theme picked out by the end of next week and look forward to seeing everyone's work in the next contest!

Re: Oh Wow...

Basisti94

BigHeadClan said

Oh Wow I was not expecting that at all! I thought Basisti94 had that in the bag, then again I am a sucker for anything with Piano and Waves in the background...

Thanks. I was worried that they'd be bit too cheesy :)

Nice

Brody

Congrats to Big Head Clan and also all others for this great songs. So I say goodbye for the next 3 weeks (vacation yeay) but after that I'm going to join the next Contest again ;)

Re: Oh Wow..., Re: Nice

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

BigHeadClan: Haha I know how ya feel. It's difficult to find words sometimes xD And looking forward to the next contest :-) Let's see what you come up with :D

Brody: Enjoy your vacation! We look forward to having you back! :-)

----------

ah!! congrats to all the

soundsandstuff

ah!! congrats to all the players! i think to wonder what the next theme will be? looking forward to it!

Next Tunes Contest

BigHeadClan

Next Tune contest will be posted tomorrow night, hope to see you all there!