You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Xenogears - Far Away Promise

archard

I think I'm basically done with this, but I wanted to get some feedback before I put it up. It's a classical arrangement for Far Away Promise from Xenogears, as coconuts requested. The file contains .txt, .gp5, .pdf and a MIDI file.

FILE: 43-farawaypromise.zip

Re: Xenogears - Far Away Promise

ronito

Decisive Battler

Pretty good as is. A good improvement.

You do have some impossible chords with duration (IE: holding down notes at 8 when you need to move to 5) but that's not that big. Perhaps use more thirds to flesh out stuff more. And that last chord. lol.

archard

Heh, you're right about the duration thing. What's wrong with the last chord though?

----------

DANG

ronito

Decisive Battler

on my little traditional classical guitar it's a ways up. I actually refingered it to play it differently. for my anything beyond 15 is getting too high up there.

archard

well I originally had that chord as e12, B13, G12 and D10, but under advice I've learned from you, I changed it to what it is now :mrgreen: It's easy to play on my guitar, at least.

----------

DANG

cgseth

Heh, that's exactly the fingering I'd use--the one before you changed it.

ronito

Decisive Battler

Dude,
Write the chord however you want. You know me, I'll play it however suits me anyway. As I've said, to me the fingerings are the least important thing in an arrangment just write the notes and let people decide how to play it. Less heartburn for you.

But, just a quick question. This arrangment is leaps and bounds ahead of your last one. What exactly changed to make it so much better?

archard

Are you talking about the Eternal Wind tab or the one from Live A Live I made a few weeks ago? I made another one called "The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River" and that one was better than the first and gave me some more experience.

I just followed everyone's advice and made it more rhythmically true, and I also followed the sheet pretty close on this one and tried to make it as Kabukibear said "an overlapping of melody and harmony" as playable as possible. And also this song just seems more arrangeable, probably because Yasunori MItsuda composed it and his pieces always seem to be guitar friendly.

----------

DANG

coconuts738

Wow, thank you so much for tabbing this song! It sound's great! :D

archard

Thanks, I think I may change it though so that it sounds closer to the actual MP3.

----------

DANG

Suikoden420

Damn, I was working on this song because I didn't think anybody has submitted anything for it. I'll submit it anyways since mine is based around an electric guitar and moves around the neck quite a lot.

Great tab btw, same as all your others

Suikoden420

Since this would be my first tab ever I'm not quite sure about the etiquette for such things, same as for this board. Should I submit my tab inot this topic or create my own? I should be done sometime tonight.