You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Keep your goals to yourself

musenji

This very phenomenon has plagued my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHopJHSlVo4

Now, if you're asking for help with reaching a goal, that's probably different. I think that qualifies as not gaining the satisfaction.

Epic ending/ad. Another good

Hakoria

Laon King

Epic ending/ad.
Another good thing about keeping goals to yourself: if you give up, no one'll know <: For some people though, telling others about their goals will be another reason to reach it as they don't want to seem like a loser/etc. Just depends on how well you know yourself.

I didn't bother to watch it,

auriplane

I didn't bother to watch it, but I've felt that that's true for a long time. It's better to do something than to tell people you're going to do it.

----------

Auriplane!!

Fascinating. I personally try

Bhael

Fascinating. I personally try to maintain a balance, as without some sense of reward there is little in the way of motivation. That being said, most of my goals are so ambitious that the reward social stimulus brings is minimal to say the least. I also agree with Hakoria - a fear of punishment tends to be the greater motivating factor (at least for me).

Apparently most people don't

musenji

Apparently most people don't have friends who will "punish" them for not living up to the goal?

1. People in American society are told to be nice. Read: don't remind people of their failure. Is it different in England?
2. You could always have incomplete information about someone's situation, as to why they didn't reach their goal. Maybe the goal wasn't realistic.

But you can always say of someone, "at least he has goals", regardless of whether he works towards them.

Anyway, I have constantly found myself failing to reach goals when I told other people about them. I've suspected for a very long time that telling people about them was like a substitute for accomplishing them.

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

jobs

Wuzzy

Everyone's goals may be different, but if it's about the right approach to achieving that goal, you probably need to be a professional to be successful. Now many people may have doubts, but in fact, for example, it would not be superfluous to use professional services for writing a cover letter in this company https://resumewritinglab.com/cover-letter-writing/ in order to get a better place to work, as happened to me. I recommend this great service to everyone.

CRM for SaaS Business

HumusLuke

One of the most difficult tasks in subscription management is processing recurring payments. Additionally, companies can no longer afford to have two separate client management and recurring billing software systems.

Because of this, a CRM for SaaS businesses needs to be able to offer both of them as replacements. Payment processors and gateways can be added to a CRM for SaaS to accept payments from all over the world.

A modern CRM for SaaS businesses can be integrated with a variety of payment gateways, allowing you to take advantage of the various payment options they support.