You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

New SNES game?!

Ash

Attention retro nerds! Read this: Nightmare Busters
Sorry if I'm totally out of the loop. I've only just heard of this...

Lol, I was just about to make

Clifurd

Lol, I was just about to make the same thread. I just heard about it too.
Sounds awesome, especially if you collect SNES games.

....Must...Pre-Order.....

I haven't heard of this.

iamHoustonian

You don’t need to see my identification…

I haven't heard of this. Awesome!!
I've been thinking it would be cool to release a new SNES game for like 5 years now.
Especially with the new "Supaboy" released it makes sense.

I think the price is bugged,

fuoco

I think the price is bugged, it's showing 68 dollars instead of 68 cents...

Yeah looks very expensive for

Hakoria

Laon King

Yeah looks very expensive for a SNES game, kind of a cheap move on their part.

Doesn't look like something

karathrow

Doesn't look like something I'd be interested in, especially at that price.

Chrono Trigger ran retail

musenji

Chrono Trigger ran retail 69.99 iirc.

[edit] ...To be fair, that was CHRONO TRIGGER.

[edit2] But I think 50 to 60 for snes was normal. But then, that was then and this is now, and now is...better technology on average, getting cheaper with the 18 months and what not.

Bedtime...

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

Haha, you're all such

auriplane

Haha, you're all such kidders.

Kidders these days.

----------

Auriplane!!

Just like Musenji said.It's

Clifurd

Just like Musenji said.

It's not exactly cheap but some SNES games used to cost that much and this is the first SNES cartridge to be released since 1998, which makes it a collector's item. So, with that in mind, I don't think it's too outrageous of a price. I don't really think the game looks all that good (you can find gameplay footage and maybe the unfinished ROM if you look hard enough) but I'll buy it just because of what it is and I collect SNES games. This is the Cartridge, Box, and Book being sold here, SNES fans should be drooling.

Has anything like this ever happened before?
Has a game ever been released for a console over a decade after the console has been "obsolete"?

Re: Chrono Trigger ran retail

auriplane

musenji said

Chrono Trigger ran retail 69.99 iirc.

[edit] ...To be fair, that was CHRONO TRIGGER.

Imports back then sometimes cost over $100. The most expensive I got was FF5--the box says 9800 yen, which was like $140 in 1992, but I didn't get it until a few years later, when it was $105 I think.

Games got cheaper after SNES!

Although, in the last 6 or 7 years, importing a SNES (SFC) game with box and manual's usually been cheaper than buying it in English. Funny how things have changed :-)

[edit2] But I think 50 to 60 for snes was normal. But then, that was then and this is now, and now is...better technology on average, getting cheaper with the 18 months and what not.

Making a limited run is generally more expensive per copy, because of the overhead to set it up. The more copies you make, the smaller the unit cost (until it incurs more overhead!).

----------

Auriplane!!

Snailiad

Ash

Snailiad for SNES. Go!

Hahah. Oh god, this game is

auriplane

Hahah. Oh god, this game is killing me enough as it is xD

----------

Auriplane!!