You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

About the sale of the site - page 2

Re: guys what the fuck is irc?

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

Lemoncobbler said

guys what the fuck is irc?

i think it stands for Internet Relay Chat? something like that. my assumption is its a chat engine set up specifically for sites and users therein.

this coming from the tech UNsavvy one, so im probably wrong.

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

Chat. It's an antiquated

auriplane

Chat. It's an antiquated system that doesn't work very well, that a bunch of people are holding onto because of history and path dependence.

. . . and because no one's come up with anything better, and because technical issues are always secondary to social connections.

----------

Auriplane!!

Yo Ash, welcome! I'm into

iamHoustonian

You don’t need to see my identification…

Yo Ash, welcome! I'm into Mogwai, Boards of Canada, and Explosions in the Sky as well.
If you dig the whole shut your mouth and open your ears thing, like I do, then you've probably heard of Russian Circles and Pelican. Both in my top 10 bands. But there are definitely bands with vocalist that I like alot. Such as Neurosis(my fav band probably), Gojira, and even Maps & Atlases. Yes that's right, I'm not just a metal head haha =^.^=
Good luck to you man. !Cheers!

welll then wayfaerer and

StrangeJam

Da Manliness

welll then wayfaerer and anyone else interested:

http://www.gametabs.net/article/irc-quick-mini-tutorial

Arch, much thanks for

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

Arch, much thanks for everything you've done. Best of luck for what you're gonna do now.
You're welcome in France anytime you want bro

Welcome here Ash, nice to meet you. Hope you'll enjoy the community here

Re: Yo Ash, welcome! I'm into

Ash

iamHoustonian said

Yo Ash, welcome! I'm into Mogwai, Boards of Canada, and Explosions in the Sky as well.
If you dig the whole shut your mouth and open your ears thing, like I do, then you've probably heard of Russian Circles and Pelican. Both in my top 10 bands. But there are definitely bands with vocalist that I like alot. Such as Neurosis(my fav band probably), Gojira, and even Maps & Atlases. Yes that's right, I'm not just a metal head haha =^.^=
Good luck to you man. !Cheers!

Cheers for the recommendations. I'm liking what I'm hearing of Pelican - they remind me of Red Sparowes.

Thank you for all your hard

lognar

Thank you for all your hard work Archard! I'm going to play your lazy afternoons tab now because.. it is beautiful

Hey guys, first of all I just

soundsandstuff

Hey guys, first of all I just want to say thanks Archard for bringing the site to existence, I came across it a couple of years ago and it's become my internet home, it means a great deal to me. I wish you good luck with your future endeavors and plans, and hope that everything works for the best for you! And of course I look forward to your continued presence in the forums and irc when you can x)

I also want to say hello Ash, welcome to your new site! I introduce myself; my username on here is soundsandstuff and on irc you may see me lurking about under Technodrone, I read your posts and am excited to have you here and look forward to all the cool things that you and we as a community will bring to the site and to the world xD I try to be active as much as possible on here so I dabble here and there.

I must say your avatar kicks butt, because the current site logo is a 1up mushroom, and yours is a grow mushroom, so its like the same but not, but when I saw it I totally thought "holy crap, this guy is totally Gametabs spirit" xD

and battlestar galactica awesome, you're not a cylon are you? xO

Re: Chat. It's an antiquated

Kabukibear

Happy Strumming!

auriplane said

Chat. It's an antiquated system that doesn't work very well, that a bunch of people are holding onto because of history and path dependence.

. . . and because no one's come up with anything better, and because technical issues are always secondary to social connections.

I have no idea what the text

auriplane

I have no idea what the text has to do with the image, but I like it.

----------

Auriplane!!

bye Archard,i barely met u

JordanVS

"Hunger is the best spice they say. "

bye Archard,i barely met u but i still wanna say thanks for your hard work and wish you good luck with your project.

I also want to say hello Ash and welcome to one of the best sites ever created.=D

Thank you so much for

Ranulf

I will not join your gametabs.

Thank you so much for creating this site, Arch, and I wish you luck with your future! And welcome, Ash!

Bye Archard. You probably

amz181

Bye Archard. You probably wont remember me but I've been here from pretty much the start, and have loved this website since. Without gametabs I doubt my guitar 'hobby' would have ever evolved into the passion it now is. I still fondly remember eagerly waiting for the newest stamen47 tab, and struggling to play it before my friends. I had alot of fun thanks to gametabs. So thank you. And good luck.

Hopefully this new guy won't be so bad seeing as hes a fellow brit.

Ash said

OK, so suddenly Snailiad makes sense...Hey, if it helps, I hate British people too.

/quit

Stamen47's freeweb site

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

Stamen47's freeweb site brought me here when I was 18, now four years later, I'm still here.

Re: Bye Archard. You probably

Ash

amz181 said

Ash said

OK, so suddenly Snailiad makes sense...Hey, if it helps, I hate British people too.

/quit

Yeah, so I wasn't being 100% serious when I said that. Whereabouts in the UK are you from?

Oh, by any chance did one of

Hakoria

Laon King

Oh, by any chance did one of you also see FF Distant Worlds early november in London Royal Albert Hall? It was wonderful <:

^^ no, but ive heard some

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

^^

no, but ive heard some distant worlds stuff on my FFradio app. amazing stuff.

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

Re: Stamen47's freeweb site

amz181

surreal said

Stamen47's freeweb site brought me here when I was 18, now four years later, I'm still here.

His tabs were a such big part of my enjoyment of guitar in those days (heck they still are, zelda's lullaby ftw). I miss him so much ;( I was gonna cry manly tears when he nearly did a kabuki with his youtube channel, but thankfully he thought better of it.

@Ash
I be from the west country, you?

Re: Stamen47's freeweb site

Ash

amz181 said

surreal said
I be from the west country, you?

Ah nice, it's beautiful out there. I'm in the East Midlands.

Thanx archard, u did a lot of

diralark

Thanx archard, u did a lot of happy people here, good luck for yr future projects :)

What have we said? Wasnt it

kage25130

What have we said? Wasnt it their bed?
What of presence?
Havent we paid penance
To the new guns?

----------

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!