Login or Register to remove this ad.

Really nice arrangement and tab for this! I had this one on my list to do but I suppose its good I looked before I started to see such a fine tab for this song.

Kimochiyoi Haisen 5 hours 35 min ago

Super

Final Fantasy I: The Legacy 1 day 10 hours ago

I'm pretty sure the track you have transcribed is the Comet Observatory theme. It's a great tablature, but I expected the storybook soundtrack.

Family 1 day 20 hours ago

This is a really nice and fun song to play although some parts are still a bit hard for me to sight read and play correctly its definitely possible with some practice. Like this one a lot.

Galdin Quay 2 days 5 hours ago

Let's see:

1) Good thing you pointed that out. I didn't even notice those and I can see why that can be confusing. I'll remember to edit those in the future.

You could also do it like this to make it easier, tho then the D wouldn't ring during the rest of the measure. Also I feel like with the 3-5 instead of 3-2 it doesn't sound "D enough" or whatever to me so I'm not entirely sure about that.

|----------------------|
|-3--------------------|
|---------2------------|
|-0---3---3------------|
|----------------------|
|----------------------|

Although harder to play I still think the "original" 5323 shape sounds the best.

3) The neck of my classical guitar ends after 12th so doing a barre chord at 10th (capo 7 3rd) is kind of hard. For my finger placement, I have my middle finger on the bottom E string, ring on B and and index and pinky on the 1st and 6th respectively but I mainly do it because my equipment makes me lol.

Yeah the 5 in the middle definitely makes it a pain to play and cutting it off doesn't really effect the sound too much. I think you could also just barre the 3rd fret and achieve the same but I don't have the luxury to compare it to barring 8th with capo 7 with this guitar.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback! I'm new to this arrangement/tabbing thing so I appreciate you taking time to give some pointers/comments. I'll keep 'em in mind!

M01 2 days 6 hours ago

I made a GP5 for this tab, and exported a midi and pdf while I was at it. For anyone who is interested, everything is in a zip file here:

This Game 2 days 8 hours ago

Not going to lie when I saw Soul Eater in the title I was hoping it was going to be Malleus Maleficarum, but this was a really good song as well so I'm happy. :)

Spirit 3 days 6 hours ago

It appears like the formatting is wrong on although just ignore the bottom most 2 numbers when they do look like they go off the tab and then your set, unless there is something else that is the matter.

Path of Redemption 3 days 17 hours ago

I guess I should mention that this is from the piano collections :)

Terra's Theme 3 days 21 hours ago

Wow, this is superb. Really nice use of jazz chords.

Galdin Quay 4 days 5 hours ago

Nice tab!

Quick question though, what's the reasoning behind the drop d tuning?

Cayenne 4 days 7 hours ago

Thanks! Tuning was more of a gut feel thing - i used to play a fair few of Masaaki Kishibe's tabs which are often in Open D or Dsus4 tunings, i first started trying to do this tab with the instrumental + vocal voicings, so open D was the only way i could think to have both voices on there for solo guitar and have it ring nicely too :) i've already got a little bit done on the vocal version which has the lead voicings as well - but i don't think i'll be done on that for a while as i'm working on some other tracks for now

Peaceful Sleep (Instrumental) 4 days 15 hours ago

Has a very different sound and feel to this one but I like it quite a bit, how did you figure out to put it in this tuning though? Just tried different ones out or what? Also, did you want to try to make a version with the other instruments/voices in it?

Peaceful Sleep (Instrumental) 4 days 17 hours ago

Seems pretty good arrangement but noticed a few minor things here:

1. At first I was confused to the tuning but the tuning of the strings here are what the strings sound like at capo 7, I think you should change it so it just says capo 7 with the normal tuning instead(could have also just changed the key).

2. Measure 31 (and measure 39) seem a bit weird to play for me personally although absolutely playable i would prefer to substitute the chord you have for a dominant 7 chord as follows just because the next chord is a fifth below and dominant chord sounds pretty darn close to the original but would make it a lot easier to play.

|----------------------|
|-3--------------------|
|----------5------------|
|-----3---3------------|
|-5--------------------|
|----------------------|

Though I can see why this might "muddle" the melody line a bit as well so not the best solution but a thought at least.

3. Measure 53 I think should be tabbed as follows instead (at least for me):

|--6-----------------6----|
|--3----------3---6-------|
|-------------------------|
|---------5---------------|
|------5------------------|
|--3----------------------|

This allows fret 3 to be barred, the 5 frets to be fretted with the ring finger and the 6 frets to be fretted with the pinky.

4. Measure 54 is also a bit difficult for me personally to play accurately at that speed of the original piece so I would probably change it in the following manner:

|---------------------------|
|---10----9------8----------|
|---8-----------------------|
|---------------------------|
|---------------------------|
|---8-----------------------|

Benefits are that the "important" notes are still there (melody, bass, and minor 3rd) and it is also easily barred in place. The drawback is that this requires a lot of fret hand movement.

Overall, a really nice piece and I enjoyed playing it, keep at it and if I said anything confusing let me know and I will try to clear it up.

M01 4 days 18 hours ago

Amazing tab, but it feels weird in 6/4 it should be 6/8

Relax and Reflect ~ Reprise 5 days 7 hours ago

It's a fairly difficult tab and awkward to play due to the stretches in some places, but formatting is fine. What parts are you stuck on if you don't mind me asking?

Path of Redemption 5 days 8 hours ago

I got no clue on how to play this, is the formatting off or is it just me?

Path of Redemption 5 days 9 hours ago

This is epic bro, I'm 30 years old. Finally getting better at the guitar. I wanted to play this song with my friends. Thanks.

Main Theme 5 days 20 hours ago

I think part of it is the name changes from Jap > English, that or maybe my brain is fried and it's including other genres outside anime. lol

Hinagiku 6 days 3 hours ago

Thanks :) Are there really that many? I only know of the Key Visual Novel and its anime adaptation.

Hinagiku 6 days 12 hours ago

(1) Sorry I never bother to put the correct key signature because I don't know how and I can't read the music anyway. I only rely on the standard notation to see note duration values and groupings, but not for the pitch.

(2) I was considering something similar, but decided I wanted the early section light on notes so that the second half, where it comes in fuller, stands out more.

(3) In measure 20 I ring out the high 5 note and fret with Pinky and roll my Ring finger down for the 4s, barring the 2 with my Index and letting those ring, Pinky-bar the 5s and shift up to the 9. For Measure 40, it's Ring+Pinky for the 5s (ringing them out), Middle for the 4s rolling it down (not ringing out) and Index for the 2 (can ring out), Index-Bar the 2-2, Pinky+Ring for the 6-5, shift Index to bar 5-5, and then Pinky+Ring for the 9-10. Yes, I agree. Taking away the lower octave bass notes takes away that half-step flat feeling and doesn't sound as good.

(4) I suppose that's a matter of preference. Personally I like having the open notes, but you can certainly change or improve it for yourself however you like.

(5) Measure 43 - The first chord, 2--3-3, is Middle, Ring and Pinky. Index for the A-string 1 and shift it up for the D-string 2, then back again for the 1. I was thinking that having the notes not marked as 'ringing' would be a hint for the fingerings, but I guess it's not that obvious.

(6) Yes, it's capo on 5 for the original key. I play most of my tabs on a steel-string with a cutaway, so I don't have trouble with high capo positions and going up around the 15-17 fret range. The standard notation sheet music was made automatically by Guitar Pro in its default key (which is C major, but I know it's probably wrong anyway). I just type in the fret numbers.

Whoo-whee! That was a lot to reply to, but thanks for taking such an interest in the tab. I'm not exactly an expert in music (mostly self-taught from tablature books) so I probably play some things in a weird way. I've still got much to learn so thanks for the advice.

Touching You 6 days 12 hours ago

Excellent work Scarecrowlol, very different than the version I am familiar with
but it sounds good.

Here To Stay 6 days 21 hours ago

Glad you like it :) Yea that stretch is hard, im just lucky i have big hands :P

Here To Stay 6 days 21 hours ago

Excellent work sir, also why the hell are there so many series by the name of Rewrite in Japan. lol

Hinagiku 6 days 23 hours ago

This is really nice and lovely tune, although I dont know the original at all. Also, i personally cant do that stretch although I agree that it sounds better with the dissonance sadly I cant really do it.

Here To Stay 1 week 2 hours ago

I have to say this is a lovely arrangement overall and i like the song a ton. But I do have some thoughts that may or may not be helpful to you. I suppose Ill just list the things that i observed in the sheet music and also with some of the arranging that might make it slightly better (perhaps).

1. Proper key signature could be in place(key of D major), although this doesn't really change anything it does make the music look a little less confusing to a musican.

2. Measure 14 and 15(and all further points where this section comes in) could be played as a more full chord to get that "rolling" sound that the piano does in the original. It could be played as a G major chord muting the 2nd string and as a G min (technically Gmin6) as follows:

|--7-----------------------|--6-----------8--6--5-----|
|--0-----------0----------|--5--------------------8--|
|--0-----0-------7--6--7|--7-----------------------|
|--0--0-----0-------------|--5-----5-----8-----------|
|---------------------------|--5--5-----5--------------|
|--5-----------------------|--5-----------------------|

I personally like this way better because it allows for a fuller sound and also a bit easier to let the notes ring out.

3. Not a big fan of how measure 20 (and measure 40) works out either as it is a little awkward to play(although still possible for me at least) but I cant really think of a better way to play it unless you wanted to go with a "Dmin form" of a F# min chord on the 4th fret like the following:

Original to New (or something similar)
|--5-----------------5--9--| |--5------------------5-9--|
|--------------2--5--------| |--------7---------5-------|
|-----------2--------------| |-----6--------6-----------|
|--------2-----------------| |--4--------4--------------|
|-----4--------------------| |--------------------------|
|--4-----------------------| |--------------------------|

Not really sure what to think here though I much prefer the lower sounding note in the Original.

4. There are several other measures that do not quite fit my comment in point 2 however are still similar but the only real change should be is the open strings in the following measures should just be fretted imo: measures 34 (only the first 3 open strings fretted here), 35, 38, 39 (only the first 3 open string notes fretted here).

5. I would probably like some fingering notation (which fretting fingers where, when) for measure 43 as I cant quite figure out how to play it smoothly but that could be player error.

6. Capo 5 makes some of this quite hard to play, at least for me, and was wondering if the capo part is just for the original key or not. Also, is the part that you wrote (on music sheet) in the original key or already dropped 5 half steps? Not sure if its worthwhile to put capo 5 or not unless its because its not, as written, in the original key. This is quite a minor point though...

I think thats it!

Several of these comments are probably just personal preference points and if anything I said doesnt make sense let me know! ill be happy to help with what I can. -William

Touching You 1 week 2 hours ago

There are several reasons. Bumping the bass F-note up from 1 to 2 makes a lot of the chord shapes more comfortable (same with the G-note 3 to 4), it makes a 3-8 stretch into a 4-8, and I really like the way it makes bars 15-19 flow together.

I had early versions of the tab where I used standard and drop-d, but in the end I liked how this version plays better.

Mitsuha's Theme 1 week 19 hours ago

I like it a lot, but I don't see the point of tuning the E string down a half step. It can be played in standard tuning without any problem

Mitsuha's Theme 1 week 1 day ago

This tab I think was flawless.Beautiful!

Emerald Hill Zone 1 week 2 days ago

It was actually pretty good.

Peach's Castle 1 week 3 days ago

Excellent work sir very clean transitions.... dang it I really want to replay Darksouls now.

Great Grey Wolf Sif 1 week 3 days ago

Sounds good

Blackwell Academy Fountain 1 week 5 days ago

It was fine at first but then when you got to the pre-chorus and chorus it just became all whack-O.

Pokemon Theme Song 1 week 6 days ago

Great man! Love this theme song!

Pokémon Johto 1 week 6 days ago

Awesome awesome thank you!

Over That Hill 1 week 6 days ago

This was awesome! Especially on my new telecaster with some light distortion and some reverb =)

Puppet (YASUpochiGuitar Version) 2 weeks 1 day ago

I'm really feeling it!
-Shulk

Gaur Plains / Night 2 weeks 3 days ago

Gee, I didn't realize how long this was. But this was amazing!

Stickerbrush Symphony 2 weeks 3 days ago

That's what I was thinking!!!!!!!!!

The Story Begins 2 weeks 3 days ago

Yes me too XD

J-E-N-O-V-A 2 weeks 3 days ago

Hah that's fair those arpeggios are pretty quick anyhow, I always messed them up after the 2 or 3rd repeat.

J-E-N-O-V-A 2 weeks 3 days ago

Awesome!

1000 A.D. 2 weeks 3 days ago

I really don't understand this tab, for the lead part you have only filled in 20% of the notes.
It doesn't make any sense when I play what you have written but I recognize that it's based on the melody of the track.

Jecht's Theme 2 weeks 3 days ago

Drums, arpeggios etc are 2 times slower than the original but the main melody is at the same speed, that's how i wanted it to be. But i get people expect it to be faster ^^

Glad you enjoyed it anyway =)

J-E-N-O-V-A 2 weeks 4 days ago

J-E-N-O-V-A 2 weeks 4 days ago

This is the best arrangement of this song I have seen. Great job!

1000 A.D. 2 weeks 4 days ago

thanks for the tab!!
is the problem already fixed?

Apocalypsis Noctis 2 weeks 4 days ago

Hmm a bit to slow paced for me but that solo was tasty. So nice work sir.

J-E-N-O-V-A 2 weeks 4 days ago

the choirz are playing along with the strings, very hard to hear on this take.
And Thanks for your kind words :)

Fighting of the Spirit 2 weeks 4 days ago

This is pretty groovy. I really like that solo :)

J-E-N-O-V-A 2 weeks 5 days ago

Login or Register to remove this ad.