You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Tune Contest #75: Thrill of the Hunt

Jacob31593

i havent really been paying attention to the ongoing story you guys had going but since the last contest broke off from it i will too

you can be a modern hunter or victorian or even a beast of prey i dont care! you have full liberty to interpret this however you need to in order to get yourself into the mindset of a hunter and make a theme about it

1 minute minimum

lets say it ends on 6/12 for now

Oooh, this is gonna be fun

Lloyde_Sorrow

Oooh, this is gonna be fun and challenging to do! :D

Monster Hunter theme song

MechaKrauser

Monster Hunter theme song stuck in my head...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhDK0Krdabo

We can always revisit the story idea anytime. Someone who wants to just needs to win and make it the next contest, no continuity needed. This one should be fun though.

Ugh Mecha you just had to

BigHeadClan

Ugh Mecha you just had to mention Monster Hunter didn't you.... now my PSP is calling me to play it. lol

Here's my entry! I call it

MechaKrauser

Here's my entry! I call it ~Song of the Tiger~

It's the Song of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the hunt!
Rocking out to the challenge of our rivals
As the last known guitarist plucks his strings in the night,
He's regaling us all with the Song... *ba-dum ba-dum ba-dump!* of the Tiger~

Just kidding! lol I couldn't resist after I thought of it. I wish I had Vocaloid software...

@Clan - That was my intention because the exact same thing happened to me, haha

Missed the last one but I am

sharprainmusic

Missed the last one but I am in this one!

Thought about the hunt not being about speed or aggression...just the quite stalk of the hunt.

let me know what you think

https://soundcloud.com/sharp-rain-music/hunt-eternal

Wow that's nice Sharp Rain!

MechaKrauser

Wow that's nice Sharp Rain! It makes me feel like I'm the one being hunted! That's a nice take on the theme ;)

I have no idea what I'm going to do for mine yet... I keep thinking I want to do something fast and thrashy, though.

Thank you :) thats really

sharprainmusic

Thank you :) thats really nice to say.

Short notes? fast strings? heart beating? cant wait to hear yours :D

Great work sharprainmusic, I

Jean Quida

Great work sharprainmusic, I love it !

If it bleeds, we can kill it

MechaKrauser

Haven't made much progress here yet. The one good riff I thought of turned out to be plagiarized from a Nevermore song lol.
Need some inspiration... I think I'm going to watch Predator and try to come up with something then.

Got a general idea that I'm

Avaruussaha

Got a general idea that I'm rolling with, but still a work in progress.

Still going to submit

Lloyde_Sorrow

Still going to submit something.

can extend if needed

Jacob31593

can extend if needed

Moonbrothers

MechaKrauser

I've made progress with mine. It's gonna be about werewolves! Haooooo~

Will be a busy weekend with

Avaruussaha

Will be quite busy this weekend with other stuff, will work this one out during next week.

Here's mine:

MechaKrauser

Mine is finished. I call it Eye of the Wolf: Blooddrunk in the Moonlight
Soundcloud link

Meant to sound like a werewolf's hunt under a full moon. Rampaging, gorging on prey, conflicted on what he's done and become and then again giving in to the bloodlust. At least that's what I was thinking about when I was writing lol. I added some 'heartbeat stutters' in the bass for a sense of adrenaline.

Also I figured I'd post the midi as well, since you did that last time, Jacob. Seems like a good idea and it can't hurt.

Eye of the Wolf midi

Thrill of the Hunt

Avaruussaha

Thrill of the Hunt

Sorry for being late. The final idea took until Friday to come up with, and I'm running out of time so here is the concept from start to finish.

Stalk, lie in wait, chase. Nothing sinister about this one.

oh dang its the 12th already,

Jacob31593

oh dang its the 12th already, but we'll wait for lloyd to finish his
anyone else still working on an entry?

I should be done by Wednesday

Lloyde_Sorrow

I should be done by Wednesday or Thursday. E3 is a pretty big distraction though xD

I won't be submitting for

BigHeadClan

I won't be submitting for this one but will be checking out the entry's once everything is in. Been listening to a few video game sound tracks and want to try writing something grandiose soon.

I bought the Garritan PO5 a

Avaruussaha

'Something grandiose' reminds me: I bought the Garritan PO5 a month ago but haven't found the resolve to use it yet... Maybe next time?

Re: I bought the Garritan PO5 a

Lloyde_Sorrow

Avaruussaha said

'Something grandiose' reminds me: I bought the Garritan PO5 a month ago but haven't found the resolve to use it yet... Maybe next time?

Definitely! I definitely wanna hear what you come up with and you as well, BHC :3

@Avaru Oh let me know how

BigHeadClan

@Avaru Oh let me know how Garritan is I've been thinking of grabbing it myself.

@lyode Naturally :)

Here We Are

Lloyde_Sorrow

Annnnnd here we are. Managed to finish it sooner than I thought I'd be able to. It's a little on the short side, but I still think it's pretty decent.

Thrill of the... Wait

Lloyde_Sorrow

*cough cough cough* Oh, excuse me. :P

Hallowed Be Thy Tune

MechaKrauser

Sounds like Lloyd already has the theme for the next contest picked out :P

How about a semi-situation-appropriate sing along for those of us waiting for Jacob to judge the entries?

Re: Hallowed Be Thy Tune

Lloyde_Sorrow

Haha not really :P Believe it or not, I don't want to win xD

Haha. I've heard of Iron Maiden but have never heard of any of their music before.

Re: Lloyde

MechaKrauser

Haha, I couldn't resist poking some fun at your choice of post title ;D and yeah that Maiden song was the first thing that came to mind lol

I do like some Iron Maiden.

You've never listened to

BigHeadClan

You've never listened to Maiden Lloyde? That's actually super impressive but also a bit unfortunate, highly recommend the "Number of The Beast" album. Easily one of the greatest metal albums of all time.

Edit: Oh also if you do end out checking them out should listen to "Dance of Death" by Iron it's my personal fav. :)

Nope, never. I'll have a

Lloyde_Sorrow

Nope, never. I'll have a listen to those :3

If I win, i'm going to make

MechaKrauser

If I win, i'm going to make the next contest "Hallowed Be Thy Wait"; Whoever has the best choir + church organ remix of the Jeopardy theme gets the cake.

jk xD

you guys i totally didnt

Jacob31593

you guys i totally didnt forget about you i've just been super busy, yes thats it, i didnt forget you at all! im starting the reviews right now and all commentary will be in real time:

sharprain:
this is neat! i feel like the hunt is for an...is that sound you breathing musically or something? oh dang that guitar just kicked in and its pretty awesome! this definitely is one of my favorites so far.

mechakrauser:
this intro reminds me of that werewolf game on nes, im totally not just saying that because you said werewolf either or maybe i am i cant tell. i like the tension i feel like the thing being hunted instead of the werewolf. oh reading your post i see im supposed to be a conflicted werewolf sorry! the speed of that acoustic guitar and how high up it is is really making me think a bass drum should be added to the mix!

avaruu:
hahaha this sounds like an old western or some desert chase so far you dirty dog you! is this you playing or some fancy gp6 wav export thing? its pretty good! what are those desert fox things called? desert fox! thats it thats what im thinking of

lloyd:
tribe! seriously though at first it made me think of /maybe im a lion/ from ff8. is that a duduk?! damn i love those things. aww its over

am i supposed to rank you guys or something man i dont want to do that, they were all really good! my favorite one was sharprain's you guys. sorry if this is hard to read i dont think i made any typos but im drunk so who knows

lloyd how in the sam heck

Jacob31593

lloyd how in the sam heck have you never heard iron maiden???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G5rfPISIwo

edit: holy crap mecha i should have chosen yours i would have loved to do the theme you suggested

Re: Jacob

MechaKrauser

Haha don't sweat it. I was completely joking with that self-proclamation for the next contest idea anyway, just like I was with all the others :P I just said it because I thought it was funny lol. The title for my entry was also actually just me subtly continuing my Eye of the Tiger joke :3

I actually have a really good contest idea that I will use if I ever do win one :D

Congrats Sharprain! I'm so ready for the next one!

I really like Lloyde's entry too. I was thinking of doing something tribal-sounding like that but I don't have any idea how to in Guitar Pro. And I absolutely cannot do drums x_x

Oh man drunk commentary is

sharprainmusic

Oh man drunk commentary is the best! ...did I win? I never win...Damn! Thanks for the comments Jacob sir! I loved the entries this month.

Because of timing, for the next one did you all want to start from next week? (start of the month?) ...(I swear it isnt because I need to think of an idea I promise!)

Re: Oh man drunk commentary is

Jacob31593

take your time mister rain, just blame me for any delay im sorry you guys

@sharprain

MechaKrauser

I'm cool with that. I'm actually going camping next weekend. Gonna get drunk for the first time since new years and set off some fireworks haha. I'd thought it would be cool to sit at the campfire and come up with songs for the next contest, but then again that probably wouldn't happen anyway lol

I'm so worn out from making tabs and need a break. My theme for next weekend is totally going to be Thrills of the Drunk! lolol
I just hope we don't get rained out.

Congrats!

Lloyde_Sorrow

Congratulations to Sharp!

@Jacob Nope, it's not a Duduk. It's a Fula Flute :) And as to how I've not heard of Iron Maiden... well, I don't really know how to answer that, haha. :P

wow sharprain what kind of

Jacob31593

wow sharprain what kind of lousy tune contest host keeps everyone else waiting like this???

If there is a single game

Avaruussaha

If there is a single game everyone should be familiar with in gametabs.net, it is the 'Waiting Game' :D

IM SOOO SORRY, ITS UP NOW YA

sharprainmusic

IM SOOO SORRY, ITS UP NOW YA MOANERS!

Good One!

Lloyde_Sorrow

Hahaha, good one, Ava! You're definitely right xD Speaking of waiting, is it just me or has the site been loading slowly?

Nope your not imagining it

BigHeadClan

Nope your not imagining it the site is loading slower, if memory serves the last time this happened it was spam filling up the storage space for the site or bots on a rampage.

Might send Ash a PM and see if he can check it out.