You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Regarding tab uploading...

johnbie

John Lee

I've noticed that it takes a really long time for a tab to get submitted. I feel that the admin-based system isn't working out perfectly. For instance, I uploaded a load of Undertale tabs in the past week, and none of them were checked (save Spider dance and Showtime, but that was by a normal user).

I also noticed that user has to get permission to update their own tabs.

So here's what I suggest...

By creating a system where the users get credibility for each successful tabs submitted, they can earn their status as a pseudo-admin and can approve submitted tabs.

The said pseudo-admin's tabs are automatically approved and added.

Change the tab submission so that user sets the game of the song via tags.

Move accepted tabs from submitted forums into approved forums (archive). User can move to submitted forums again when updating.

Add me as admin (lol jk, but that would be cool).

Overall, I really like this site and really hope to see it improve. I'm also really eager to see more of my tabs available to the public.

For transcriptions, a

ForestMarth

For transcriptions, a "credibility system" based on the objective and consistent accuracy of proposed tabs looks like a good idea, especially as it seems that HSL's been the only mod submitting tabs for years.
For arrangements, why not complete freedom of submission ?

Or take some trusted members

Ennea

humhum..

Or take some trusted members for this job. HSL has been pretty thorough with the submissions regarding quality control. I mean I would prefer a slow update rate in exchange for quality (or just correct notes really) otherwise we will have a mass of low quality tabs like other popular sites.

I don't know who else is responsible for submissions but if it's only hsl... well good luck, I can imagine a lot of people were tabbing out some stuff during the downtime.

yeah, as has been said HSL

quinndangle2

yeah, as has been said HSL usually has the final say on any new submission, and i don't think he's been around the site much at all since it went down. I know there are still tabs about 3 months old still pending due to the large downtime and bot spam so i wouldn't be holding your breath waiting on your new tabs to go up. Sometimes real life gets in the way of tabs it seems, and that's ok B)

I don't think there would be any trouble sourcing volunteers to veto new submissions, but it all boils down to whether that's the direction that admins/site owners want to proceed going forward. whether the framework is in place to support different permissions for different users (admin vs reviewers vs default users) is another question, as well as determining how far these permissions would extend if they were to be introduced. Credibility system would encounter similar problems in implementation as it'd be down to site owner/editors (Ash? idk) to code and introduce this, and they may not be willing to sacrifice a lot of spare time to make this work.
Basically as much as i'd like to see more tabs come through too but i don't think it's gonna be a quick fix if we're looking to retain quality and accuracy

----------

=(8^(|)=(8^(|)=(8^(|)
facebook: /brent.quinn5

I to would prefer quality

BigHeadClan

I to would prefer quality over quantity for the tabs be them easy or hard, as for implementing new systems not sure if Ash would have the time to implement a change like that as there is the time it takes top update site and test out various formats to see what works and doesn't.

But it's an idea worth exploring and there are some aspects of GT that need to be updated, perhaps a solid forum discussion for later in the year when Ash or whomever implements the change has time.

I would be happy to pitch in,

Choogly

I would be happy to pitch in, if it was decided that members could help approve tabs. Lord knows I've played a ton on this site.

Ash can easily deputize more

auriplane

Ash can easily deputize more mods. There's lots of us who can post tabs for people. I still do it sometimes, though I haven't done it nearly as much as HSL for quite a while.

Of course, I haven't been able to communicate with Ash for years, so I have no idea if he'll actually do that! I usually assume the site will disappear at some point since it seems so neglected. Make sure you save copies of any tabs you really want to keep around.

Anyway, I'll try to publish some tabs, since from the talk here it seems no one else is doing it :-)

By the way, there's already plenty of folks who can post tabs for themselves. Ash can add more of those, too.

----------

Auriplane!!

By the way, tabs might appear

auriplane

By the way, tabs might appear out of order for a bit, so some tabs are going up that aren't appearing at the top of the new tabs page. You might need to check the recent tabs list until the backlog is cleared.

----------

Auriplane!!

I find if you PM Ash he

BigHeadClan

I find if you PM Ash he usually responds... although to be fair when I do PM him it's usually after the site comes back up so he's usually at least watching the site then. lol

Oh, uh, maybe he just doesn't

auriplane

Oh, uh, maybe he just doesn't like me then :-) Anyway, it might take me a bit to catch up with the submissions, particularly the transcriptions since I want to check them for accuracy. A lot of arrangements I just post as-is, especially from people like tomorning who always make great arrangements and don't need someone like me messing with them ;-)

If a user consistently makes good quality tabs, Ash can add them as a "mod". There's lots of users at this level, like, dozens of them, I think. Despite what it sounds like, it's not really unlimited access to moderate everything. There's only a few users who can do that – users like me and HSL have the "super mod" access level.

Feel free to PM Ash and ask for mod access!

----------

Auriplane!!

Thanks for the info

johnbie

John Lee

I have sent a mod request to ash on email. If I get accepted, I expect to do lots of tab approval work.

In the meantime, I'll be working on Megalovania arrangement for guitar.

Okay, I think we're basically

auriplane

Okay, I think we're basically caught up on submissions now. If anyone has a tab that's fallen through the cracks, let me know!

----------

Auriplane!!

Maybe one or two

quinndangle2

I think 2 of mecha's (koyomi-chan and overfly) and one of mine (fountain of love ys) are the only ones i saw. You're doing gods work getting them all done though :D

----------

=(8^(|)=(8^(|)=(8^(|)
facebook: /brent.quinn5

Thanks Auri!

Ennea

humhum..

Thanks Auri!

Godspeed Flash at the Speed of Light

MechaKrauser

Thanks for the flurry of tab approvals, auri! I can hardly believe how quickly you worked through that monstrous backlog! O_O
Sorry to nag when you feel like we're finally caught up, but Quinn's right. I've got a couple more pending tabs that got pushed back into page 3 of the submissions. Here, and here.
Please give them a look-over when you've got some free time :)

Just when Auri thought she

BigHeadClan

Just when Auri thought she was free Mecha drops in and crushes her hopes of freedom.

Yeah, I totally missed those.

auriplane

Yeah, I totally missed those. But they're posted now :-)

So that makes around 75 tabs posted this week. Whew!

----------

Auriplane!!

It would definitely be

ForestMarth

It would definitely be awesome if Auri could become the owner of GT...
Does anybody has an idea of how much is the value of a website such as this one ?

Has anyone...

MechaKrauser

Thanks, auri. Now to submit the 10 tabs I've been saving for this moment >:)
...just kidding lol

I was wondering if anyone has heard from hlesperance by chance? It's kind of worrying that he hasn't been online since back before those latest site issues happened.

Pretty sure I saw him update

BigHeadClan

Pretty sure I saw him at one point, could just be busy with real life. Last bit I saw was he posted some info during the gametabs outage, I think Hashel can get in touch with him though.

Thank you so much

hslesperance

Thank you so much auri!!!!!

I'm really sorry for not being around lately. Haven't had much time for the site since it was down; thankfully my work schedule is about to become more consistent and manageable. Now that most of the submissions are caught up I'll try to keep it updated daily if possible.

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

@ hslesperance

MechaKrauser

Welcome back! :)

Indeed sir welcome back! I

BigHeadClan

Indeed sir welcome back! I may bug ash for admin rights to approve as well to help take the load off you and Auri.

HSL is back! GT is saved!

auriplane

HSL is back! GT is saved! :-)

----------

Auriplane!!