You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

I'm working on an album

thedstring

Nate Brooks

Hi guys! I'm working on an album, it's just the stuff I've been performing every week at a local coffee shop. I don't know the laws, or if I need to ask permission from tabbers, but I'd like to make this album official when it's done. Some will be from gametabs, some from other classical music.

Here's one track I'm comfortable sharing! I accidentally mis-spelled it, but oh well, not a finished product =)

(Please don't share it around as I'm not ready with the rest of the album yet, though I know I'm not following my own rule right now)

http://nateonguitar.com/Nano-iro%20no%20sora%20wo.mp3

Here's the tab to the song I

thedstring

Nate Brooks

Here's the tab to the song I did

http://www.gametabs.net/aria-ova-arietta/nanairo-no-sora-wo

Thank you tomorning, beautiful tab

Well shoot that tab is

BigHeadClan

Well shoot that tab is getting book marked, loved your pacing and harmonics :D

Pretty sure you just need permission from the tabbers to use their work, an album will fall under something like
"fair use clause" unless your charging money for it. Then you may need to get a license/permission from original creator.

This of course all depends on where you live, always good to check yourself :D

Wonderful performance of one

hslesperance

Wonderful performance of one of the most gorgeous songs ever! Do you plan on releasing the album on a site like bandcamp or do you mean a physical CD?

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

I think I'll just go with

thedstring

Nate Brooks

I think I'll just go with like CDBaby or something, where they'll distribute all over the place for me and not really take too much money. I just don't have time to do all of it myself right now =)

Thanks for the kind words!

If the laws are better for

thedstring

Nate Brooks

If the laws are better for it, I'll do one of those "pay what you want" plans, that way people can have it either way. I'm all for donation-ware and open source!

It's funny, I'm actually

thedstring

Nate Brooks

It's funny, I'm actually working on a rather different sounding version of that same song right now, I might not even keep that one!

Hmm well post a teaser of it

BigHeadClan

Hmm well post a teaser of it when you get somewhere I'm interested in how you may approach it differently.

Sounds good. Very relaxing

MechaKrauser

Sounds good so far. I never heard that song before. It's very relaxing and your playing style compliments it well. I like your guitar's tone and the recording sounds high quality. I'm interested to see your remaining song choices :)

Finally got guitar pro 6

thedstring

Nate Brooks

Finally got guitar pro 6 working on my computer, ever since I upgraded to windows 10 I was at a halt. Didn't work on any music arrangements for like 3 weeks!

Loving the sound of your

Ennea

humhum..

Loving the sound of your sample, what other tracks are you working on ?

Not a fan of GP6s ASCII export, it's missing the notations which was always a neat feature from the older releases.

Glad you've got it all worked

MechaKrauser

Glad you've got it all worked out. I hardly ever update anything of mine lol. Long live Windows 7 and Guitar Pro 5!