You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Greetings. I am MechaKrauser.

MechaKrauser

I was procrastinating but I figured I might as well introduce myself. I've chosen the name "MechaKrauser" for myself. You can call me Krauser. I'm a pretty hardcore anime fan, especially of the mecha-genre (hence the 'Mecha'). 'Krauser' comes from a comedy anime called Detroit Metal City about a boy whose dream is to make it big as a swedish pop singer-songwriter, but somehow finds himself as the frontman of a death metal band. (lol)

I made this account about a year ago but didn't start posting until recently. I was drawn to gametabs mostly because of the treasure trove of fingerstyle tabs, especially from the anime genre, but particularly this tab:
http://www.gametabs.net/ore-no-imouto-ga-konna-ni-kawaii-wake-ga-nai/irony by TrangOul.
I came across TrangOul's youtube video in which he performs that song, which led me to gametabs, where made an account right away.

I don't have the equipment to properly record my playing, unfortunately, so I can only share my tabs. I always tab by ear (using Guitar Pro and Transcribe!) and would never submit someone else's work without credit and permission. I also try to avoid covers and tabs of songs that I, myself, am currently working on (at least until I'm satisfied with my own tab or give up on doing it myself). I didn't like the idea of submitting my tabs to a site like ultimate guitar, for various reasons, so that is the main reason I'm here now. I hope to contribute my tabs to this fine site.

As far as games go, I'm not that much of a hardcore gamer. Favorite games growing up were Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario World and I can clear Sonic 3 & Knuckles in one sitting. I also like RPGs with a good story and soundtrack, like Final Fantasy for example. Currently playing my 6th character on Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and trying to clear Extreme mode on Hatsune Miku's Project Diva F on PS3.

When it comes to music I like listening to classic rock (like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Boston), 80's metal (like Dokken and Def Leppard), more metal (such as Metallica, Trivium, and Nevermore), and various japanese pop artists. I'm a sucker for acoustic and piano ballads. If I were to take up an instrument other than guitar it would be the violin because I love the sound. The guitarist I most admire is Jeff Loomis (formerly) of Nevermore.

Sorry for the huge post. I'm usually not very talkative so I just thought I'd make make it count here this time :)

Hello and welcome to the

Lloyde_Sorrow

Hello and welcome to the community, MechaKrauser!

Indeed welcome! Many of us

BigHeadClan

Indeed welcome!

Many of us enjoy anime and videogames in equal shares as you have probably noticed by now so there will be plenty of common ground, I'll have to check out Detroit metal city now it's been on my list forever. XD

I don't come here often but

TrangOul

Insomaniac

I don't come here often but welcome anyway. Glad I helped you find your way here.

Thanks for the welcome

MechaKrauser

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Gotta say I like using the site so far, especially the integrated file storage. I'm pretty bad at html codes for posting and stuff so it's helping me out quite a bit.
I'm working on some more tabs I want to submit but I keep thinking, "no, this needs more work; I can't show this to anyone just yet!". haha I might submit something non-anime next though...
I've downloaded all of the gametabs albums and listening to the Boss Battles right now. I'll post over in that thread after I've finished it.