You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

The Voice Capo

Vic9mm

The Fingerstyle Mechanic

Check this out everyone. http://www.voicecapo.com/index.php/

Wow

TheDoomOfAllFires

VG Maniak

Wow... Niiiiiice =)

----------

Check out my VGM cover channel ! :p
https://www.youtube.com/c/VGManiak

sacrificing four frets

Jacob31593

sacrificing four frets because you're too lazy to tune? call me crazy, but i think that sounds silly!

I agree with jacob on this

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

I agree with jacob on this one. This capo seems over redundant in what can be achieved in an open tuning and a regular capo.

If the buttons on it looked more action ready then it might not be too bad for jumping from open tuning to open tuning in the middle of a piece.

Now, if only I could make a capo that is never even on the fretboard blocking access.

Hmmmmmmmm

Re: I agree with jacob on this

Vic9mm

The Fingerstyle Mechanic

surreal said

Now, if only I could make a capo that is never even on the fretboard blocking access.

Hmmmmmmmm

Like just a reqular capo thats not as big? kinda like a flat capo?

----------

Watch me: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vic9mm

Seems pretty neat :-)

auriplane

Seems pretty neat :-) It's not the same as retuning to an open chord and playing over it, because anything you play above it is relative to the actual tuning, so you don't have to change fretboard patterns that you know, and you can play a chord that might not be easy in a particular open tuning over it.

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: Seems pretty neat :-)

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

Yeah but that can be a double edged sword though =(

While it's nice to be familiar with standard tuning patterns, I still find it limiting in not allowing you the luxury of having the formations of the individual open tunings that would be really really tough to play in standard.

It's definitely nice to keep those movable barre chords though.

Back when Laurence Juber had a forum on his website he'd always answer questions like bass grandma. One of the things I took to heart was how he described how his view of the fretboard shifts with whatever tuning he's using, I'd like to build to that someday.

In any case, I really wanna work on a capo design that focuses on doing its job and not interfering. IT CAN BE DONE

Re: Seems pretty neat :-)

Vic9mm

The Fingerstyle Mechanic

surreal said

Yeah but that can be a double edged sword though =(

While it's nice to be familiar with standard tuning patterns, I still find it limiting in not allowing you the luxury of having the formations of the individual open tunings that would be really really tough to play in standard.

It's definitely nice to keep those movable barre chords though.

Back when Laurence Juber had a forum on his website he'd always answer questions like bass grandma. One of the things I took to heart was how he described how his view of the fretboard shifts with whatever tuning he's using, I'd like to build to that someday.

In any case, I really wanna work on a capo design that focuses on doing its job and not interfering. IT CAN BE DONE

im down on helping you make that.

----------

Watch me: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vic9mm

not that i'm the guy to

xuwawa

god of empty NES

not that i'm the guy to listen to on any of this, but...
when i first saw this thing i was like "blech"
now i'm like "hmm"
someone could certainly use it to great effect
but i think most people will be like "wtf no"
it seems guitar players embrace new accessories only if it affects their sound but not their playing

an aside, i saw this in the related videos

----------

I'll embrace good accesories

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

I'll embrace good accesories ~_^

----------

23:33 Vic9mm said: its ture ida benn gone she took out like 3 kids before had what was that fat ass asian kid gonna do

Little J.