You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Chrono Trigger 2300 AD

musenji

Another new one, I've not seen the tab anywhere. ...The game must not be very popular.

the tab

the video

Actually, Chrono Trigger is

demigorgon

Actually, Chrono Trigger is one of the most popular snes games, period.

If you just search chrono trigger the game you will find a whole bunch of tabs for it. In fact, in the upper left corner of this site, look under "browse tabs" and click "series" Chrono should pop up. But that includes chrono cross tabs too(which actually has some badass guitar music)

----------

i HATE oglops!

i think he just forgot his

xuwawa

god of empty NES

i think he just forgot his /sarcasm tag.

and i was gonna say that you might not have found anything for 2300AD since the name of the track is Ruined World, but then was suprised that it's not here under that name either. so cheers for posting a new CT tab!

and good tab and recording!

----------

thanks! heh heh, yeah,

musenji

thanks! heh heh, yeah, sarcasm. I was thinking about also recommending the game to anyone here, saying that you could probably get it on ebay for 5-10 bucks.

I actually just found a tab under "ruined world" elsewhere (am I allowed to say where?) and it turns out it's officially more correct than mine. (gasp!) We'll call mine an "arrangement" then. :D

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

that reminded me, i have the

xuwawa

god of empty NES

that reminded me, i have the official sheet music. it's in C minor [and starts w/ Cm7] but you have it right, transposed to A minor - supposed to be more guitar friendly anyhow.

the Am7 in yours (the one 2x longer) has a flat 5th in the sheet, like your Bm7b5. besides that, there's just a couple 7s missing to keep it from being a perfect transcription, albeit transposed [which doesn't make it incorrect anyway, just keyed].

so what i'm saying is good job and again good tab. much better than i can do, i hate figuring out chords.

----------

Could just add "Capo on 3" to

auriplane

Could just add "Capo on 3" to make it in the original key.

----------

Auriplane!!

whoops, i'm not good at

demigorgon

whoops, i'm not good at internetz sarcasm xD

----------

i HATE oglops!

hahahaha...I really ought to

musenji

hahahaha...I really ought to check back with the original track when I'm posting a tab that's over a year old.

So yeah, I just noticed the 7 on the first chord. I think the second Cm is straight though.

It's sounding to me like the original only has three notes per chord. Is that how it is in the sheet music? I tried flatting the 5th on the Am7 (yep, twice as long, my bad) and it sounds funky.

By the way, did you guys get the joke about the power tab? It didn't occur to me that the first page I found was talking about the in-game tabs--I haven't played the game in a while. Though it's probably my favorite SNES game.

All this considered, and a capo too, I'm thinking I'll revamp the text file a bit. :D I'm off to work now, so tonight!

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

I can check the official

auriplane

I can check the official sheet music (I have it too) but I usually don't, since the sheets aren't all accurate or true to the original (even the ones that aren't in the "piano arrangement books" are still arrangements, usually simplified a fair bit!). I always check against the original song instead

And no I forgot it's called Power Tab in english ^-^;

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: I can check the official

xuwawa

god of empty NES

auriplane said

since the sheets aren't all accurate or true to the original

very true, was gonna put a [take with grain of salt] after the word official. but i figured on a song like this they wouldn't have much to screw up.

and yeah i forgot about the times searching for ct tabs and power tabs and ending up here
hey, gametabs is link #1 on google for chrono trigger tabs now! dunno how long that's been [probably years], but i always remember the link above being #1.

----------

Okay, well I'm ready to have

musenji

Okay, well I'm ready to have it posted now, assuming it's approved by the powers that be. I've replaced the file and I'm ready to move on in my tabbing efforts. :D

here

So the official sheet music isn't written up by the composer himself (or themselves as the case may be)?

----------

Here you

auriplane

Here you are!

http://www.gametabs.net/chrono-trigger/ruined-world

Good catch on the 1st and 5th chords being different, I hear it the same way as you. And I like the added fourth voice in your tab--pretty much all fifths and octaves so it strengthens the chords without sounding like a separate voice (in a voice leading sense, I mean). The only exception is the second-to-last chord where you added a tritone, but I like that too :-)

Nice tab!

----------

Auriplane!!