You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

The Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time - Great Fairy Fountain (N64)

LTRobson

"I saw a film today. Oh boy."

zelda64_greatfairy.txt
YouTube recording

BTW I made a GP5 of this so

auriplane

BTW I made a GP5 of this so that I could try putting it in alternate tunings without working it out by hand. Hope that's not annoying XD If you want any of it, I put them here:

ltrobson_fairyfountain.gp5
ltrobson_fairyfountain.mid (exported MIDI)
ltrobson_fairyfountain.pdf (exported PDF)

Let me know if that's out of line or anything. I'll post this (without that stuff) shortly.

----------

Auriplane!!

Here you go

auriplane

Here you go :-)

http://www.gametabs.net/legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/great-fairy-foun...

I think this song might be a lot easier in some weird tuning, but I haven't figured it out yet @[email protected];

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: BTW I made a GP5 of this so

Vic9mm

The Fingerstyle Mechanic

auriplane said

BTW I made a GP5 of this so that I could try putting it in alternate tunings without working it out by hand. Hope that's not annoying XD If you want any of it, I put them here:

Let me know if that's out of line or anything. I'll post this (without that stuff) shortly.

hey that's a great idea auri I know he does all his tabs by hand meaning notepad. But when importing a txt file it gets confusing after that maybe you can give a little tutorial here and show him how to import his txt file that way he can make export midis of his songs along with Gp5, pdf,etc... I also would like to understand how to do this.

----------

Watch me: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vic9mm

I'm not really an expert on

auriplane

I'm not really an expert on importing :-)

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: BTW I made a GP5 of this so

LTRobson

auriplane said

No, it's totally fine. I'm glad someone looked into it, to play with the bass notes.

Standard tuning and drop-d are the only ones I use. I tried a few different ones once and all the tuning up and down eventually broke the tuning pegs and now I need to use a pair of nail clippers to turn the sticks where the pegs were..

That midi sounds cool :)

LTRobson

That midi sounds cool :)

Oula its Hard to play,. I ll

diralark

Oula its Hard to play,. I ll can try found easier fingerstyle but not sure it s possible especially because this fast tempo hehe, anyway its sounds cute, gratz LTRobson

note : finally i didnt find better, I surrended :) Maybe in strange tunings i dunno these

Re: Oula its Hard to play,. I ll

auriplane

Dira I didn't figure it out either.

I did transcribe this version as a request bruno280678 ver. ^-^

----------

Auriplane!!

well done

diralark

woohoo that's cool. thanks Auri well i have now 2 tabs to training my speed skills (i really need improve that point).. it seems than u published so much tabs so u didnt reminds these easily :o)
About LTrobson tab maybe its possible to improve speed playing a transposition by -5 semi tone (aka "1 chord higher") but this choice destroy three bass notes .. a kind of usefull sacrifice ^^

Dira, I am not the best

auriplane

Dira, I am not the best arranger or anything, but I have some advice anyway:

I often think things don't sound very good if you transpose them down without using a capo. It depends on the song, of course, some do sound fine, but for example if you transpose down 3 steps, putting a capo on 3 is a good starting point. For most songs it seems like there's a natural place to put the capo to make it suitable for open chords!

As for bass notes: You can simplify a bass line, or remove it, but be careful not to leave out *some* of the bass notes at random. If you lose just the bass notes which fall outside the range of your transposition, it usually destroys the feeling of the song. Bass is important! Rewrite the bassline instead of dropping the notes; or, if the lowest note is two semitones below the open 6th, try switching to Drop-D tuning (most commonly for a song in D!). Sometimes you can move a bass note up an octave instead of dropping it.

Of course, you can leave out bass notes on purpose, but do so by design rather than by accident. Use your ears :-) Bass is usually most important on the first beat when a chord changes, especially on tonic chords (and so, at the beginning of the song and end of the song, often enough!).

----------

Auriplane!!