You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne - Boss Battle

Zetsword

Heya, long time site user, first time tab submitter. Thought I'd contribute just a little bit. I've just started playing the bass after playing the guitar for so long so go easy on me.
bossbattletab.txt

Hi, Welcome!! I edited your

auriplane

Hi,

Welcome!! I edited your post so that the link shows up. When you go to add/edit link, make sure you put something into the "link text" field, or it won't show up.

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: Hi, Welcome!! I edited your

Zetsword

Ah okay, thanks :D

----------

Bling blong

Hm, I just played through it,

auriplane

Hm, I just played through it, and it sounds good, as long as I play every note a half step down. Are you sure your bass is tuned to standard, and isn't, say, flat a half step on all strings? ;-)

----------

Auriplane!!

BTW I'm using this for

auriplane

BTW I'm using this for reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmqbhyS-BK8

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: BTW I'm using this for

Zetsword

Hmm my bass is in tune. I just went through and played it again and it sounds alright to me.

----------

Bling blong

Oh:( Here is an MP3 of me

auriplane

Oh:(

Here is an MP3 of me playing through your tab, along with the Youtube video. (Not supposed to be a professional recording or something, I'm just illustrating a point.)

I play it twice. The first time, I mentally transpose everything a half-step down. The second time, I play your tab as written. Hear the difference?

http://auriplane.net/playthrough_good_then_bad.mp3

----------

Auriplane!!

Just finally got back to

Zetsword

Just finally got back to this, been really busy lately. Yea, I just played through it with my amp on and I completely hear it. Didn't play the song with my amp when I tabbed it. Really strange I was of a half step on every string -_-;

----------

Bling blong

Can I edit the tab and just

Zetsword

Can I edit the tab and just post it back on here?

----------

Bling blong

Yes :-)

auriplane

Yes :-)

----------

Auriplane!!

Boss Battle Tab Here it is

Zetsword

Boss Battle Tab
Here it is corrected. Thanks for the heads up auriplane.

----------

Bling blong

Here you go!!

BTW if you turn up the mids

auriplane

BTW if you turn up the mids on your amp your ear can hear the exact pitches a lot easier. I don't know if you've already done that or not, but it's useful for tabbing :-)

----------

Auriplane!!