You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

FF Unforgettable Moments.

perpetiel01

Nv.Cherry.AicelleAnne

Just say something about your most unforgettable `Final Fantasy' Moment.
I've played FF 1-12(including tactics) except 11 and i want to know if you guys have had those moments that you will remember forever.
hahahaha. I'm such a Final Fantasy Fanatic! Thank you Square/Square Enix for creating the FF series!!

That's Easy

KaminaSora

The turn points in FF are the greatest moment in history of RPG.

Like the rising of Sephiroth, the fighting of Squall and Seifer (in the FFVIII intro), and the whole intro and ending from FFVIII (it's amazing how they are conected, the opening it's actually the prelude to the ending).
Bahamut vs Alexander in FFIX, the intro of FFX and the (Most beautiful kissing FMV ever) TIDUS and YUNA's KISSING SCENE. The Intro of FF12 was epic. The intro o FF13 Akito is the baddest ass of all, that dark haired short guy (with the whole bunch of sword) kicked the ass of everyone in a few seconds, he was like KIRA YAMATO (from Gundam SEED) in the Awakened Mode.

That's about it I guess XD

spoony bard

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

spoony bard

----------

23:33 Vic9mm said: its ture ida benn gone she took out like 3 kids before had what was that fat ass asian kid gonna do

Little J.

When Palom and Porom turned

Vic9mm

The Fingerstyle Mechanic

When Palom and Porom turned there selves into stone to save Cecil I was all like NOOOOOOOO!!!!.

----------

Watch me: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vic9mm

Re: When Palom and Porom turned

Kain

What is... Gee-taar?

Vic9mm said

When Palom and Porom turned there selves into stone to save Cecil I was all like NOOOOOOOO!!!!.

That, the revealing of Cecil and Golbez's relationship, Celes' suicide attempt in FF6, and, of course, Aeris' death.

----------

One word: Thundercougarfalconbird

o yeah almost forgot when

Vic9mm

The Fingerstyle Mechanic

o yeah almost forgot when flying around in Final Fantasy 6 "future" running into that monster when I first ran into it I was like ummm whats going on here...then I was like WTF!!! then before I knew it I was dead.

Also in FF6 walking through "Dinosaur Forest" for the first time I was like sweet a T-Rex was thinking to myself your "well your about to die" 30 seconds later my party was wiped out.

----------

Watch me: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vic9mm

I: BAHAMUT changing your

perpetiel01

Nv.Cherry.AicelleAnne

I: BAHAMUT changing your jobs
II:You SPOONY ....GUY!
III:Legendary Onion Knight
IV: Cecil and Golbez' relationship, Palom and Porom
V:Battle on the Big Bridge
VI:MAGIC! She used MAGIC?? Locke and Edgar SHOCKED
VII: Aeris' death fu** you SEPHIROTH
VIII:The scene that took place in the galaxy. then the hug.
IX:I love everything about 9.
X: The kissing scene, and of course, the ending. *best OST^^
XII: Weapon development. graphics
Tactics: Only 1 gil sir!

----------

hohoemashii.tenshii.bercede

Well...

seanzi1

I've only played IV, VII, VIII, IX, and X. I'm hoping they remake V and VI for the DS like they did for III and IV.

IV
-Cecil becoming a Paladin.
-Of course the whole Palom and Porom thing =(.

VII
-Opening Bombing Mission <3
-The scene with Nanaki (I refuse to call him RedXIII lol) and his father, Seto.
-The part in Cloud's mind when he has to figure out what really happened in Nibelheim.
-The date between Aeris and Cloud when Interrupted By Fireworks plays lol. (Hey it is more original than the death scene although I can't deny I'll always remember that too lol)
-Weapon getting his ass blown away by the Sister Ray...I laugh everytime lol.

VIII
-The intro and Liberi Fatali.
-Chicken Wuss!!!
-Pretty much everything that took place in space.
-A lot of Squall quotes. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I do.

IX
-You Are Not Alone! That whole scene was awesome.
-I really enjoyed some of the mini-games. The sword fight with Blank was cool and the Chocobo games were fun.

I probably have more but I realize this list is pretty long. Sorry lol. This was probably supposed to be a one special moment thing, but that's really hard to narrow down lol.

Oh, and Nobuo Uematsu is my hero now and forever.

FF5 watching a giant bahamut

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

FF5 watching a giant bahamut rise of the ocean. Then fight him and watch him so small. Unforgettable

----------

23:33 Vic9mm said: its ture ida benn gone she took out like 3 kids before had what was that fat ass asian kid gonna do

Little J.

Nobuo Uematsu

perpetiel01

Nv.Cherry.AicelleAnne

He really is the best.

Without his works the series wouldn't have that much impact isn't it?

SMILE PLEASE^^

----------

hohoemashii.tenshii.bercede

My most memorable moments

Maikoi92

Linsey

My most memorable moments would be...

FFVII: The scene with Rinoa in space and the scene on the railroad afterwards with Eyes on Me playing in the back. I totally cried cried ><

FFIX: The ending totally made me cry :x

Sadly I can't remember any more, my memory sucks very much. Now I want to play FF8 and finally finish it!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Mash

kalon as hell

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

The scene where Red XIII

Kabukibear

Happy Strumming!

The scene where Red XIII finds out the truth about his father and how he sacrificed himself to hold off the attack makes me choke up everytime. Seeing him turned to stone with all of those spears and arrows sticking out of him but still on his feet really gets to me. That scene and the music playing there is one that, still to this day, gets me emotional even to think about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnuyl4dDBIs

The most unforgettable moment

rat_in_a_cage

the weird uncle

The most unforgettable moment for me was in space in FFVIII.
I messed up catching Rinoa, so I got the whole "Rinoa was lost in space forever," with "Drifting" (I believe.) playing in the background.
Very traumatic for a 10 year-old.

Also in IX, the whole shindig with Vivi and the other Black Mages.

IV... Cecil's paladinhood and even Yang stick out in my mind.

Seconded on Uematsu, most of

musenji

Seconded on Uematsu, most of my moments are texture in the games, rather than drama.

VI:

The Phantom Forest--the healing pool, with that music...I was into Bob Ross at the time I played the game, and this scene sticks with me.

Narshe--the industrial town at night, with smokestacks and quasi-jazzy noir music, set an entire genre for me in real life. Whenever I see, in winter, at night, smokestacks or chimneys letting out steam, I think of Narshe. And the music of Debussy augments the feeling, if it happens to be playing.

The scene between Gau, Cyan, and Sabin out on the Veldt sticks with me. I think it's because things that are unusual like that generally catch my attention, and that was a whole amusing dialogue in the middle of the battle screen.

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

The opening sequence for FFX,

HarkenCaradine

The opening sequence for FFX, if only for my reaction. "Oh sweet, new FF has pretty graphi- lolwut screamo?"

And the snowboard sequence in VII was epic.

First of all FFXII is NOT a

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

First of all FFXII is NOT a real FF . . . however :
I loved the battle on the bridge and the death of Galuf on FFV . . . simply epic !
Intro of FFVI , one of the best intro EVER.
Story of Seto ( Red XII Father ) in FFVII.
And the "you are not alone" sequence in FFIX . . . ZOMG, that was GREAT !

----------

"Pasta Is Good For You" - The Pasta Guy

Re: First of all FFXII is NOT a

xuwawa

god of empty NES

seanzi1 said

-The date between Aeris and Cloud when Interrupted By Fireworks plays

wait, don't you mean the date between Cloud and Barret? really how could you mix them up?
<_<
>_>

but yeah, 7 for me was the date, the death, cid's rocket fail, etc.
played 2 on gba. beavers?! wtf is crazier than that? "Guy speak Beaver." ok that is.
in 6 i'll always remember that f'ing snail from the beginning of the game, cos we rented it when i was 10 and couldn't get past that damn thing. playing it later was a "what the hell was wrong with me" kinda experience.

Pasto said

First of all FFXII is NOT a real FF . . .

BOO. you sound like all the 7 haters.
i liked that game. especially the gameplay. though i was waiting the whole time for the real final villain to show up.

----------

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

Pasto said

First of all FFXII is NOT a real FF

Then why is it called FFXII? probably because it's a dragon quest huh

----------

Little J.

FFXII is NOT a real FF cuz it

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

FFXII is NOT a real FF cuz it was not made by creator of the series . . . Sakaguchi.
It don't have the music of Uematsu and it don't Have the Chara Design by amano.
Thats All . . .

----------

Re: FFXII is NOT a real FF cuz it

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

Pasto said

FFXII is NOT a real FF cuz it was not made by creator of the series . . . Sakaguchi.
It don't have the music of Uematsu and it don't Have the Chara Design by amano.
Thats All . . .

86959-Z1AMN42.png

----------

Little J.

Well . . . Think what do you

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

Well . . . Think what do you want, I just say the truth.
Is like play a new Metal Gear game without Hideo Kojima.
Real "soul" of FF can only be given by the 3 who create the series . . . I think that.
You don't think so ? well, is ok.
Even if Square-Enix ( and i remember you that Square-Enix IS NOT Squaresoft, it have all different kind of market and creative mentality ) make a crappy racing game called "FF XIV" than you probably play it untill death cuz "is FF".
So, instead of say me "GTFO", please say me a correct answer about what i have just say.

----------

Re: Well . . . Think what do you

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

Pasto said

Well . . . Think what do you want, I just say the truth.
Real "soul" of FF can only be given by the 3 who create the series . . . I think that.
You don't think so ? well, is ok.
Even if Square-Enix ( and i remember you that Square-Enix IS NOT Squaresoft, it have all different kind of market and creative mentality ) make a crappy racing game called "FF XIV" than you probably play it untill death cuz "is FF".
So, instead of say me "GTFO", please say me a correct answer about what i have just say.

You're not making any sense :/

----------

Little J.

Arteriorrhexis

Bigot

Pasto said

Lol....
Say me a correct fucking sentence.

Never Mind, my english

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

Never Mind, my english suck.
Think what do you want.

----------

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

Pasto said

While I completely understand where you are coming from, there is a problem with this quote. Hideo Kojima has, in addition to being producer, filled the role of directer and numerous other positions at the same time during the production of the Metal Gear Solid series.

A producer in general (which is what Sakaguchi usually was during the later years of the FF series) usually has the final say in what does or does not make it into the game. He/she can make suggestions or push for certain things. I do not know how involved Sakaguchi was in the development of some of the later games, but I am willing to bet it was quite a bit more than most producers. However, if Sakaguchi is filling the role of producer... the jobs of writer and director are still being delegated to those people, and not to Sakaguchi himself.

So here is a list of Final Fantasy games and the roles that the two most popular Squaresoft directors Sakaguchi and Kitase had (keep in mind that the producer has a much more limited role in the direction that the game takes than the director does):

FF-FFV: Sakaguchi (director, original concept) Kitase (field planner)
FFVI: Sakaguchi (producer, original concept) Kitase (co-director)
FFVII: Sakaguchi (producer, original concept) Kitase (director)
FFVIII: Kitase (director)
FFIX: Sakaguchi (producer, original concept)
FFX: Kitase (producer)
FFXI:
FFXII:
FFXIII: Kitase (producer)

So, going by that list, it looks like Sakaguchi directed the first 5 games before handing over the directing torch to others. He had almost nothing to do with FFVIII nor FFX (he was executive producer, which means he basically just funded the money... though I guess he could have been a bit more involved and provided minor input).

Again, looking at the list, Kitase has directed two final fantasy games and co-directed one. Guess who he happens to be tied with (he's not on the list)? The same person who he co-directed FFVI with... Hiroyuki Itō. Hiroyuki Itō also directed FFIX which happens to be Nobuo Uematsu's favorite Final Fantasy and one more Final Fantasy game. Can you guess which one? Final Fantasy XII

Nobuo Uematsu I may agree with you a bit more... he's kind of like the Tim Burton/Danny Elfman pairing. But FFX for example did not feature his music as the primary music for the game and it was still great. There are other great composers out there that can fill his shoes. Every Final Fantasy is different, and therefore it requires different music... at least that is my own opinion.

You don't think so ?

I do not agree because you are forgetting about the hundreds of other people that have put their heart and "souls" into these games. It was never just 3 people that created them.

Also, don't get me started on Amano. Unless you were referring to him as one of those 3 original? His work stopped being used as the main character art around FFVII, though there is that preliminary stuff that he did for the game. I do not think he did anything for VIII. He did a LOT of art for IX... does this make IX more Final Fantasy than VIII? Who cares? XD

Again, I personally don't feel that a few select people make or break the game. A company as a whole, however, does.

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

Amano did work from ffvii to the newest ff but just to design minor characters while Tetsuya nomura designed main characters, and the rest.
Oh and dont forget that FFX soundtrack wasnt done completely by uematsu. i guess you cant call that a "real ff"
:/

----------

Little J.

I luuuuv Amano <------- Amano

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

I luuuuv Amano
<------- Amano moogle with clown pants.

Thanks for the answer Natenmn

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

Thanks for the answer Natenmn , finally a person who can answer me correctly !
I may agree with you at most of the thing you have say, I really appreciate that !
However I still think that FFI -> FFVII and FFIX are the best FF.
And about FFVIII and FFX . . . I don't feel "real soul" in that game, however they was pretty good.
And I really hated FFXII, zomg that was ugly ( IMHO ).
So I will never buy FFXIII . . . I loved Lost Odissey, and I still think that Sakaguchi must be the only "father" of the series, cuz the FF without him, Uematsu and Amano ( on chara design ) really miss "something".
If Lost Odissey had Amano Chara design it would be epic !
It have more "FF soul" Lost Odissey than FFXII, don't you think ?
However, I say again, thanks Natenmn, you make me understand some of my mistake in this topic.

----------

Re: Thanks for the answer Natenmn

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

And about FFVIII and FFX . . . I don't feel "real soul" in that game, however they was pretty good.

So FF should never use different settings because then its not a FF -_-

So I will never buy FFXIII . . . I loved Lost Odissey, and I still think that Sakaguchi must be the only "father" of the series, cuz the FF without him, Uematsu and Amano ( on chara design )really miss "something".

Read nates answer again please.

If Lost Odissey had Amano Chara design it would be epic !
It have more "FF soul" Lost Odissey than FFXII, don't you think ?

Lol No!
And by the way the main theme of FFXII was made by Uematsu, and Yoshitaka amano as stated before was actually involved in the game.

----------

Little J.

Here is some more pretty cool

natenmn

Here is some more pretty cool Amano art that I had not seen before:

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy X

That being said, Amano's artwork really has nothing to do with how enjoyable the game plays XD... and that is probably a good thing because I know quite a few people who really love the older Final Fantasy games but absolutely detest Amano's style. Interestingly enough, Amano is supplying a great amount of artwork for Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Re: Here is some more pretty cool

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

One of my favorite characters Amano style

----------

Little J.

A dramatic Moment...

michiro

I don't remember FFIX so well, but I would vote for the part when Zidane was alone and had to fight his way through hordes of enemies. The music and the way it was played out made me have the feeling of being alone and taking on the world all by myself. It was also silly and ironic because at that time he was totally overpowered and practically devouring the enemies, but the story was implying that he was hurt and barely getting there.

Side note: I'm an RPG fan who disagrees with team work. I just don't see THE point in having both a melee fighter and a mage when I can have both in one. It's annoying being overpowered with an all around fighter/archer/mage and then having to separately level up some weak "healer" for the sake of the story.

In almost every Final Fantasy

In almost every Final Fantasy game, my favorite moments are always facing the final boss. I mean the feeling you get after spending hours upon hours leveling up, developing a bond with the game world/characters, and then having it all come to an end upon defeating the final boss is just an unexplainable feeling.

One of the more memorable boss moments for me was at the end of VI, fighting the first three forms of Kefka just leaves you with a O_O expression, all leading to the final and quite possibly most epic video game battle of all time. The constant changing music also adds on to effect of the battles.

And as typical as it sounds, fighting the second form of Sephiroth is up there too.

Back on Topic

TexJets281

Back on topic...

FFX - Tidus' revelation of Jecht's true intentions and purpose in Spira, and the revelation of Yevon's agenda near end game, along with the fact that Yuna will die.

The first time I saw Terra

StrangeJam

Da Manliness

The first time I saw Terra casting and using Ultima in FF6.
nevar forget.

Video gaming doesn't get

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

Video gaming doesn't get better than this.

----------

Little J.

lol "evil toot"

Ranulf

I will not join your gametabs.

lol "evil toot"

For me it would be the scene

Brainsick Fungus

Minstrel of the Fungal Funk

For me it would be the scene in ff6 where Gestahl confronts Kefka on the floating continent after finally realizing Kefka is insane and will use the power of the statues to destroy everything. The best part is Gestahl's final plea right before his death, "They'll be no one to worship us..." Just picture it with the detail given to cutscenes found today. It would be absolutely epic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjvNtcDREwM

FF3 (Classic version) -

Noelemahc

FF3 (Classic version) - Dunking the damnable genie into the water ^_^
FF3 (DS version) - Flying out of the initial overworld for the first time

FFV - Wait, what, Faris is royalty? And Gilgamesh, both for the musick and the comic relief factor.
FFVI - Besting Atma Weapon for the first time felt like a gigantic achievement (mainly because it later turned out that I was underleveled to fight it, bleh), but story-wise, Shadow's memories-of-the-past and his snippet of the ending if you failed to get him killed When The World Ended were the first time a videogame ever made me cry, and I'm not ashamed to admit it =)

Train Suplex

MassTheMono

Feast With Me

I think Salem wins. ;).

Aside from all those already mentioned, the opening credits and scenario of FFVI (3 ENG) was always a great hook to me. It's like the beginning of a good book. Also, the first time I heard Kefka's laugh. What a dick.

MTM (Brandon)

most memorable ff moments

ola3

tht is aeris death, yuna and tidus kiss in macalania and zeromus after defeating him

----------

I am on youtube named nanaki1997

Oathkibby

Er, didn't "whoever you went out with" change depending on who cloud healed the most? sorta like with Tidus in X.

And honestly, FF didn't really hit me that hard story wise, I'm working my way through... er, the one with cloud at the moment, but that story's been buzzkilled by everyone on the internet. Er..

I guess the biggest moment for me was when you defeated Lady Yunalesca, and left the Zanarkand temple to see a giant sea monster staring at you.

auriplane

Yes! Cloud + Barrett forever!!!

(Or in my game, Pointy and Mr. T)

----------

Auriplane!!

The most memorable for any FF

DoomTrain666

ScottPilgrimIzEpic

The most memorable for any FF fanatic is definitely gonna have ta be aerith's death... I mean, nobody saw that coming till the last minute!!! I friggin' HATE Sephiroth!!!!! GRAHH!!!

----------

We are Sex Bob-Omb, and we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!!!

my most memorable

Frogma

my most memorable moments:

that bit in ff8 where you get your own carriage on the train because you are a seed now!

in ff7 when you get to do sit ups and if you win the gym junkie hits the other guy hahaha.

in ff9 when the moogles explain the status effects in a funny way.

in ff10 where tidus is unable to attack that sinspawn in the water coz it's too far but wakka can with his blitzball.

in ff6 when ultrus uses his "ink" attack because he is an octopus hahaha.

in ff11 when that guy tricks you into giving him your password because you think he's your friend but then he steals all your stuff.

----------

"Frogma is not a communist! He may be a liar, a pig, an idiot, a communist, but he is not a porn star!"

For FF7 #1 Aeris death. I

For FF7

#1 Aeris death. I cried

#2 Walking into the Gold Saucer

#3 FINALLY getting a Gold Chocobo after all of the endless hours of staying up till 1 am, playing nonstop, ect.

Didn't everyone name Barret Mr. T? Hahahaha cause I know I did!

Re: spoony bard

kanshiketsu89

Anime Clef

SalemJeanette said

spoony bard

Hahahaha... Yeees... XD That and "Henpecked, boy?". Cid rules... :D
My most unforgettable moment was in FF7. I was on disk 2 and I was really powered up, like, lvl 90 or so, and then I came to the Forgotten Temple and the game crashed every single time and I couldn't advance the story... XD

Killing Emerald and Ruby

Ranulf

I will not join your gametabs.

Killing Emerald and Ruby Weapons in FFVII, also FFIV's soundtrack and the game in general were pretty unforgettable to me.

The entire plot of Final

Gryt

The entire plot of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. That game will always be my favorite in the series, no matter what people say of it. The battle with Raem was just insane.

----------

~Gryt~