You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

August 20, 2009: Pedigree

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

The Sun hid away, i went to my yard and to feed my dogs.
A cockroach was there. I killed it.
I felt no remorse,
Am i a bad person i wonder......

SJ (Jeanette)

Maybe I'll keep my work to

MassTheMono

Feast With Me

Maybe I'll keep my work to myself.

Re: Maybe I'll keep my work to

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

MassTheMono said

Maybe I'll keep my work to myself.

Aww, despite my silly response about Dana Plato, I rather enjoy these :(

Also, I don't think Salem was being as mean as you took it (maybe I'm wrong, though XD). Whether or not Salem intended to, he did pose a good thought scenario, right? There's even a few different things that could be taken from his post! For example, does the size of a creature determine its importance? Does the social outlook on a particular thing seen as offensive to most (in this case, a cockroach which is seen as a pest) mean that wanton disregard for its life is ok? Why are animals often classified as pests when they often times have important "jobs" in nature (note that this doesn't necessarily refer to the cockroach XD). What is the difference between a pest and a pet? Can a pet be a pest to someone else? If it is ok to kill a pest, can someone kill a pet if they see it as a pest?

And don't worry, I'm not thinking too deeply XD. These kinds of things course through the human brain on a regular basis, many just choose to ignore. That's somewhat of the point of your poems, right, mtm?

(No subject)

Jacob31593

Re: Maybe I'll keep my work to

MassTheMono

Feast With Me

Nate,

Maybe your right. Maybe I took this the wrong way. The poem does shine a light on some of those social issues (questions of social construction), but the emulation of subject structure and signature denote more than just a simple addition to the poetry of this little corner. Some say mimicry is the biggest flattery, but I'm not so sure. Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Also, my girlfriend likes the name nate a lot. =)

MTM (Brandon)