You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

New here - is it okay to post links to videos of my VG covers?

Albey

Hello guys !

I'm Albey, a 24 year-old from Paris, France, and I've been using gametabs a whole lot lately. What a thrill to discover such an active website with so many tabs of the themes from my gaming-intense childhood !

I would like to know if it's regarded as shameless advertisment to post links to my video games covers on this forum? The opinion of friends is always good to have, but I'd really appreciate being able to show them to people who know the songs and know what it is to cover video games themes.

And if it's okay to post those, what part of the forum would be the most appropriate then?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Why not post some of them to

auriplane

Why not post some of them to the recordings section? That way they'll show up on the front page. Just try not to flood it with a zillion recordings at once, since that pushes other people's recordings off the front page :-)

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: Why not post some of them to

Albey

Yo, thanks for the idea! Is it possible to post youtube links on this recording section? I must admit I don't quite understand how this part of the website works :D

Yeah, it's designed for

auriplane

Yeah, it's designed for YouTube. Basically, you go to Submit > Recording from the menu, and you put the URL of the video into the "Video ID or URL" section. If it doesn't work, try putting in the part of the URL that has the video ID (the sequence of numbers and letters after the v= part.)

----------

Auriplane!!