You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Tell Me What You Make of This

SamBeckett94

I recently got my nephew into Mr. Bungle, and he's really taken to their silly covers (in particular, the Super Mario/R.B.I. Baseball medley that they did in San Francisco and California). He plays a few instruments himself, and decided to record a rendition of this himself:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gtmw4mjyzld

I decided not to post this as a recoring on Youtube for the reason that it isn't my work, so I don't want a bunch of "lolsux" or "copy an paste this on 10 oter vids and yewl hav the best day of ur lif" comments.
Now, he's only fourteen, and he doesn't have the best recording equipment, so don't expect perfection, but considering his limited experience and technical limitations, I think he's done excellent. I thought it would be interesting to get an unbiased opinion on the boy's work, so please don't hesitate to give feedback, be it positive or negative

Re: Tell Me What You Make of This

BooDoo

People

If he can put this together from start to finish and have an end result, he's doing fine for 14 from my point of view.

I gave a listen and I like it a lot. It definitely has a 'basement'/'garage' recorded feel and it's about as cohesive as a high-school band as opposed to an orchestra, but if I made this at 14 I'd be ecstatic.

Tell him to sign up for an account! :)

SamBeckett94

Thanks for the feedback, you've made both of our days. It's very nice to know that you've taken the time to give it a listen and provide valuable feedback. Again, thank you very much.

I'll have a word with him about this place. I have a feeling that he'll feel right at home with other musicians.

Zerx661

He is really good, if he can play all that. I dont know if it were supposed to be a little messy, but thats a really cool effect to the Super Mario themes.

He should buy some better recording equiptment and make more music.

SamBeckett94

Thanks for the feedback. We both appreciate it.

I'm not too sure either, if he meant to make it sound messy. I suspect perhaps so, as I have heard him play one or two original Mr. Bungle songs very precisely, but you (or at least I and other folk I know) tend to screw up even more when recording, so that may have been why. Whichever, he's still done well.