You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

I had this weird ass dream about gametabs.net.

Juja

In my dream, users from this site all decided to get together in real life for sort of uhh... I don't know, Gametabs party or something. Anyway, we ended up forming a "Gametabs Band" where Auriplane played bass, Archard played lead guitar, Gnilp and I played rhythm guitar or additional guitar parts, and then I'm not sure if we had a drummer of if Auriplane just programmed drums for us or something. I think we may have also had a keyboard player, but I can't remember.

It seems pretty weird, but I think I can think of some explanations as to why I had the dream. First of all, I talk to Auriplane all the time, so that's why she was in it. I've also been watching/listening to Gnilp's stuff recently, so that explains why he was in it. I use this site all the time, so that explains Archard and the whole gametabs thing. I think the forming of the Gametabs Band was because, just before I went to sleep, I read the forum topic asking if anybody was in a band in real life.

Oh, I also think Trangoul was at the party, but I don't remember if he was part of the band or not.

Re: I had this weird ass dream about gametabs.net.

TrangOul

Insomaniac

You dream about people you haven't met for real?
However, a Gametabs Band would be awesome. =D

Juja

Heh, yeah, and I also dream about people that don't actually exist, and of course I also have dreams with people that I know in real life. Yeah, a Gametabs Band would be pretty cool, as impractical as it might be. Though, I know that Nozzie, Stamen, CalebElijah and I all live in Utah, so it's not impossible.

archard

Man, that would be awesome. I think it'd be really fun to meet up with some gametabbers in real life and jam. You all can come to my apartment and we can rock out :D

----------

DANG

Taai

I'm Dutch, but I ain't Cheap!

Juja said

Heh, yeah, and I also dream about people that don't actually exist, and of course I also have dreams with people that I know in real life. Yeah, a Gametabs Band would be pretty cool, as impractical as it might be. Though, I know that Nozzie, Stamen, CalebElijah and I all live in Utah, so it's not impossible.

I exist ;D

Anyways, I call that a kick-ass dream.

Some dreamfacts:

• During the sleeping you enter a so callled REM-sleep (REM = rapid eye mvement) in wich your eyes move very fas. this is also the stage in which you remeber stuf you learned that day or felt like remebering.
  • Boys dream about: Sex and kicking ass (war, fighting with the hands and feet ya'know)
  • Girls dream about: Kissing (love), fighting (beimg bitchy, mainly without kickng and stuff XD)
  • First part of sleep (about the first 3 hours) is to recover the body after that have longer REM
  • For boys the lust for fighting is stilled with dreams during REM, that's also why people are grumpy when they slept less. Same goes for girls.
  • You have 2-3 dreams a day.
----------

Creativiteit is de grootste verrijking van de geest.

yamsa

Grand King of the Moon

That's some interesting facts, I didn't know all of those.

Yeah, if the best tabbers from this site got together to jam, I would definitely listen to the outcome.

----------

*Ba- dom- tish*

yoshistrings

ヨッシー

Man, that would be so sweet. I'm all the way down here in Florida though, and Kabuki's the only guy who lives anywhere close to me.

x fox x

The pokemon addict

Massachussets FTW...im guessing the closest one to me is Archard. But anyways, if that was true i bet you guys would sound awesome.

----------

~Fox...aka the guy who has more free time during the school year than summer vacation >.>

zelda master

yoshistrings said

Man, that would be so sweet. I'm all the way down here in Florida though, and Kabuki's the only guy who lives anywhere close to me.

your not the only one, i live in Florida too.

Faoiseamh

It wouldn't be beyond me to have a dream about gametabs, but I doubt it would be a get-together with a band. I met Caleb Elijah in a dream back in December (in real life we live on different sides of the world - I live in Ireland, whereas he lives in Utah, wherever-abouts in America that is). I've also dreamt twice about Steve Dell (he's not from this site), both times being based around his video of Recuerdos De La Alhambra, an amazing piece of music by Francisco Tarrega, a Spanish guitarist who inspired Nobuo Uematsu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS8xMy-w8X4&feature=channel_page

On the whole band front: I wouldn't be in the band; I'm a classical guitarist, and I'm not aware of many classical guitarists on this site.

----------

Is minic a bhris béal an duine a shrón.
All my music is at http://ie.youtube.com/user/SaigheadBhriste

yoshistrings

ヨッシー

I'm a classical guitarist.

VizardAnshin

Pick a song and get gametabbers to play certain parts...who knows, it could be epic like this collaboration. XD

hslesperance

Check out the recordings, Juja and Auriplane have already done some collaborations.

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

VizardAnshin

My bad, maybe this site should dedicate one section to collaborations only ^ ^;

atukomanga

Shiny/Glowy object collector

That's actually kinda funny...I had a dream similar to that a few nights ago, except it was Archard, Yoshistrings, and Kabuki in a four guitar band, with a few other no-named people on bass and drums. This makes me question the very fabric of space and reality as we know it and forces me to contemplate the existence of a One Mind that links all minds into a single consciousness.

Also, yoshistrings and zelda master, I live in Florida too. I'm in the Orlando area if you ever wanna look me up.

----------

ウイル ワツク フォオ アニメ クラツプ
Will Work for Anime Crap

nozzie

The talkbox guy.

Juja I am totally down for jamming man. hit me up sometime maybe like April 8th or 9th?

I know a place we can get a private recording room storage facility and private practice room if we do decide to make a group or that such

----------

Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygon

quinnpm

GOD OF ALL GAMES

Taai said

Juja said

I exist ;D

Anyways, I call that a kick-ass dream.

Some dreamfacts:

• During the sleeping you enter a so callled REM-sleep (REM = rapid eye mvement) in wich your eyes move very fas. this is also the stage in which you remeber stuf you learned that day or felt like remebering.
  • Boys dream about: Sex and kicking ass (war, fighting with the hands and feet ya'know)
  • Girls dream about: Kissing (love), fighting (beimg bitchy, mainly without kickng and stuff XD)
  • First part of sleep (about the first 3 hours) is to recover the body after that have longer REM
  • For boys the lust for fighting is stilled with dreams during REM, that's also why people are grumpy when they slept less. Same goes for girls.
  • You have 2-3 dreams a day.

what does A band have to do with sex and fighting(hmm nvm) i may speak for other gametab members when i say i am offended by this dream. also i probably have 12 dreams in one day

----------

you think you can beat me
as in in your dreams

Juja

Heh, offended by the dream in what way?

Also, yeah, we should get together and play stuff sometime, Nozzie. I have a friend that plays drums and piano that we could jam with.

jit

Band that plays videogame music exclusively? I never was really into videogame music playing on guitar until recently because my friend is in a band called X-Hunters for Megaman music. It would be nice to see a group from gametabs to make some music. I know I'm new here but it seems like you are all close and friends. Speaking of those kind of bands, my friends band is one of the opening bands for Entertainment System in August. They make alot of crazy game covers. Check them out, you'll like it.

nozzie

The talkbox guy.

I dream about unicorns eating rainbows and pooping out butterflies.

----------

Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygon

SalemJake

Bewitched

What songs was the band playing?