You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

wat happens in the end of evangelion?? me no understand

worldwidepants

any1 seen the end of evangelion?? i dont understand wat happend at the end
seems like the creator just punched us rite in the face with an uncertain ending

anyways theres a good song called komm, susser tod (come, sweet death) wondering if any1 cud tab it

Re: wat happens in the end of evangelion?? me no understand

atukomanga

Shiny/Glowy object collector

Well, congradulations Mr. Pants, but you just happen to be in the presence of a well known Evangelion expert.

Spoiler Alert:Spoiler Alert:Spoiler Alert:Spoiler Alert:Spoiler Alert:Spoiler Alert:

Do not read beyond here if you have not seen Neon Genesis Evangelion AND End of Evangelion. There will be MANY spoilers for you.

Spoiler Alert:Spoiler Alert:Spoiler Alert:Spoiler Alert:Spoiler Alert:Spoiler Alert:

Basicaly, after all the Angels are destroyed, there really is no need for Evas. However, SEELE has plans to control the evolution of humanity. However, with NERV and Gendou in posession of Unit 01, they know they have to take it by force. So, on comes war. The Japanese government attacks directly killing anyone. On comes the psycological parts.

First, we'll deal with Asuka. At the end of the series, Asuka had gone into a great depression the resulted in a coma due to her inability to sync with her Eva, the only thing that gave her life meaning. Sitting at the bottom of the lake, Asuka realizes she's going to die, and she really doesn't want to. Her suicidal mother begins a short contest within herself before revealing herself to Asuka showing that she was and will always be with her. Asuka then is able to sync and the resulting battle takes place. Too bad about how that ended (did you see the blood coming from her eye?)

Next, we'll deal with Misato. Misato had basically become Shinji's mother, though with the death of Kaji, she's feeling vulernable and lonely. And the closest male she can get her cougar claws into is Shinji. She wants to make up with him for everything she's forced him to do. Hence the kiss and inclination of "other adult things". Too bad about how that ended (though everyone loves flying guts.)

Next, we'll deal with Ritsuko. She had basically gone insane once she learned how Gendou was basically cheating on her with Rei. That's right, I said it. Gendou is a pedo. But seeing as how Rei is a clone of Yui, I don't think it counts. So, in the series she destroyed all the Rei clones. He next goal was the Magi, which has the mind of the three aspects of her mother within (Mother, Scientist, Woman in case you were wondering) The woman one denied the destruction, and Ritsuko found out something about Gendou she didn't believe. Too bad about how that ended (shows why you don't call people liars.)

Next, we'll deal with Gendou and Rei (yeah, at the same time). Gendou basically wanted to spawn a world where he could be with Yui again. However, after her last death, Rei had realized many things. 1. I'm part angel. 2. I don't want to be alone 3. I really like Shinji and want him to be happy 4. I have awesome powers. So, when Gendou tries to merge her, Adam and Lilith, Rei tell him to go **** himself. She steals Adam, merges with Lilith, and heads for Shinji to let him decide the course of humanity. Gendou is left with his thoughts, where he realizes that he should have been more of a father Shinji, and that the choices he made have resulted in a death he deserves. But that was a great way to end his story (NOM!) Rei heads for Shinji, who at this time has both the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge merged with Unit 01, thus making him, literally in Biblical terms, God. Rei then asks him what he wants.

This brings us to Shinji and Rei. Backtrack a bit for Shinji, who determined that after being forced to kill the ONLY person who ever said "I love you." to him, he was NEVER going to pilot an Eva again. The only person that doesn't scare him is in a coma (Asuka) and he proceeds to give her a handfull of baby batter, only making his stress level rise. He's welcoming death. Misato saves him and tries to force him to pilot Eva, and after a good long speech or two, and a promise of sex, he actually decides to in after realizing it's his life. However, during the attack, Unit 01 has been encased in bakelite (it's real, check it out.) so he can't help Asuka fight the Eva Mass Produced. Then Yui's soul (entrapped in Unit 01) breaks out of the bakelite and Shinji heads to the surface only to find the torn pieces of Unit 02 being carried by the EMP. The EMP then proceed to capture Unit 01, which starts Third Impact. (BTW, first was the dinosaurs being destroyed and second was Adam's explosion in Antartica). The Lance of Longinus is then summoned from the moon and merged with Unit 01, giving Shinji God powers. In comes Rei.

So, now Shinji is in control of the world. He reminices about everything. The world, life, humanity, relationships, everything before trying for one last time and asking Asuka (keep in mind, this is all in his head) She refuses, and Shinji loses it. So his responce to Rei's question is "I want a world with no pain." Rei turns everyone into a pool of LCL and merges them into a no pain world on earth. In other words, we all became embiotic fluid, came together, and we can't tell where one another begin. Shinji experiences this with Rei, and realizes it's not right, so asks for everything to go back the way it was. Rei can't do that, but returns him to the original world, and basically life will start over. Rei is destroyed, all life is gone, but Shinji has learned many life lessons. Shinji ends up on the beach next to Asuka (she's alive because she was in the Eva, but as far as the bandages, it's beyond me, but they do mirror Rei's bandages at the beginning of the series) and remembers what his brain made Asuka say to him. Asuka for a brief moment shows her true feelings for Shinji before calling him pathetic and head for credits.

:Spoiler Ending:Spoiler Ending:Spoiler Ending:Spoiler Ending:Spoiler Ending:Spoiler Ending:
:Spoiler Ending:Spoiler Ending:Spoiler Ending:Spoiler Ending:Spoiler Ending:Spoiler Ending:

That's a basic synopsis. If you have any specific questions, PM me or if you are coming to Megacon in February, I will be hosting an Evangelion Panel on Sunday. You can meet me there and ask me anything. I can answer just about everything Eva, and if I don't know it, I can find out.

----------

ウイル ワツク フォオ アニメ クラツプ
Will Work for Anime Crap

butako

Hi, thanks for the great summary. I'm just wondering at what point does Rei indicate she can't return the world?

CatoSenpai

So there's nothing after? The big cliff hanger is he stops choking her to hear her call him pathetic and it's just them 2 left in the world