You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Help me choose a new guitar to replace my old one

pokeytrev13

Currently I have an Ibanez [came in a starter pack, since I am a beginner, with a 15 watt amp and guitar for 250.00 i think it was] guitar. I want to purchase a better guitar and also a kick ass [metal/wailing] sounding amp. Right now I have a Behringer GMX212. What kind of amp should I be looking for to get the above stated desired effect? Or, is the Behringer amp a good metal/wailing sound carrying amp?

I don't know if this tells you much, but I want an amp/sound that can acheive this sound quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml21az9RSzY

Please help guide me kind sirs.

Re: Help me choose a new guitar to replace my old one

Gilgamesh

get urself a fender , they've got good quality sound and arent that expansive

----------

you're expecting some stupid quote here?

sadnub

Anime Freak!

If you havent already got the guitar you wanted, I am also looking for a new guitar. The one I am looking at is a Ibanez RG350DX. Its about $400 with a floating tremelo and a lock-down nut. 24 jumbo frets. You should check it out.

----------

OMJ!!!!

chewy7719

Gamer/Metalhead

For metal, I'd definitely recommend Schecter as a brand. I've had my Gryphon Flametop for about a year now and love it. Any C-1 from Schecter would be a great choice, or any Damien if you are looking to spend less. The Gryphon that I have is one of Schecter's more versatile models, it well suited to anything from classic rock to death metal.

For metal guitars I also know alot of people favor Ibanez, I have a friend with the RG5EX1 who likes it alot, its a fairly inexpensive model and has a whammy bar. I also know of alot of people who play metal that favor ESP and Jackson, but I don't know enough about either brand to give you much info.

As for an amp, I have a 15 watt Behringer solid state that isn't terrible, but I've moved up to a Vox Valvetronic 30 watt that I like alot. If you can afford it, absolutely try to get a tube amp or hybrid amp as opposed to solid state. They cost alot more and don't have those impressive looking arrays of onboard effects like a Behringer or Line 6, but its worth it if you want great tone. Also, DO NOT get a Line 6 amp.

This is just from my experience and friends experience, hope its helpful.

Taai

I'm Dutch, but I ain't Cheap!

I got myself a London City Camel MK I (telecaster). London City is a 'new' brand and not expensive at all (250,- euro).
I strongly recommend it.

----------

Creativiteit is de grootste verrijking van de geest.

Heliographos

Matt Keith

Dude, get a Gibson/Epiphone SG. It's the best guitar for your buck, I got mine at Best Buy for 130 bucks.

----------

"It's not rape unless you yell 'Surprise!' first."

My AIM is fatman75427

Darklocke

wait wait.. you got a guitar from Best Buy? WoW!!! Don't you have a Guitar Center or Sam Ash Music near?

For metal I'd seriously recommend you to check out an ESP LTD, or Ibanez guitar. For a sweet amp, check out anything Line 6 or even some Peavey amps are great for metal.

Heliographos

Matt Keith

Darklocke said

wait wait.. you got a guitar from Best Buy? WoW!!! Don't you have a Guitar Center or Sam Ash Music near?

For metal I'd seriously recommend you to check out an ESP LTD, or Ibanez guitar. For a sweet amp, check out anything Line 6 or even some Peavey amps are great for metal.

Yeah, man. They're practically freakin' giving them away. There are so many awesome guitars for like, nothing. And my SG is metal-ready, I stand by my recommendation.

----------

"It's not rape unless you yell 'Surprise!' first."

My AIM is fatman75427