You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Whats your top 3 video game songs - page 3

Re: Final Fantasy, the only rpg

Ranulf

I will not join your gametabs.

lol

Re: Final Fantasy, the only rpg

BacardiBreezer

My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!

RexLeRouge said

Final Fantasy, the only rpg where battles continue after you closed the game

Hah

Maybe the "fanboys" should

Parhelion

Maybe the "fanboys" should instead see dissenting opinions as an opportunity to really explain in-depth what makes their favorites what they are. Threads like these pass with a handful of people posting a cursory list with hardly any commentary, which generates even less direct replies. It's boring for everyone.

Critical thinking never hurt anyone.

----------

Friend of the pag.

Re: Maybe the "fanboys" should

karathrow

Parhelion said

Maybe the "fanboys" should instead see dissenting opinions as an opportunity to really explain in-depth what makes their favorites what they are. Threads like these pass with a handful of people posting a cursory list with hardly any commentary, which generates even less direct replies. It's boring for everyone.

What fanboys? The only person who said they liked the game really was Orgrit (butchered his name sorry) and hes been polite this whole conversation.

I got annoyed at people feeling obligated to complain when someone shares their interests, but I don't see how that makes me an FF7 fanboy when I really dont give a crap about ff7. You could take Ff7 completely out of the conversation and wed be having the same discussion.

Its not like people are making threads I LIKE THIS AND IT IS THE OBJECTIVE GOLD STANDARD FOR QUALITY. These threads are fluff, yes, but oh well. Besides the dissent is never really constructive either. It's just reciting the same rhetoric every time and I get tired of reading it.

Honestly if someone was questioning you every time you said you liked something and asking you to justify it, you cant possibly see that as annoying?

So tired of having to be the bad guy here...sigh.

Then just don't say anything.

BacardiBreezer

Then just don't say anything. Let it roll off your shoulders and read the next post.

Parhelion

karathrow said

Parhelion said
What fanboys? The only person who said they liked the game really was Orgrit (butchered his name sorry) and hes been polite this whole conversation.

I got annoyed at people feeling obligated to complain when someone shares their interests, but I don't see how that makes me an FF7 fanboy when I really dont give a crap about ff7. You could take Ff7 completely out of the conversation and wed be having the same discussion.

Its not like people are making threads I LIKE THIS AND IT IS THE OBJECTIVE GOLD STANDARD FOR QUALITY. These threads are fluff, yes, but oh well. Besides the dissent is never really constructive either. It's just reciting the same rhetoric every time and I get tired of reading it.

Honestly if someone was questioning you every time you said you liked something and asking you to justify it, you cant possibly see that as annoying?

So tired of having to be the bad guy here...sigh.

I was talking about fanboys in general. Neither side is claiming an absolute. Yes, I would see justifying my opinion every time as annoying, BUT I wouldn't rage back with an overblown response. Like Bacardi says, just let it slide by sometimes.

----------

Friend of the pag.

jit

Parhelion said

Well it goes both ways. When you don't answer WHY, it's not that it generates less replies, but vagueness results in more argument. I'm not trying to single you out BB but you're response is a good example.

BacardiBreezer said

FF7 is overrated in every fucking way. That being said I was not impressed with 9's score either.

Without any explanation, this ends up as a sheer insult to those who appreciate the game. In BB's defense, karathrow was kinda doing personal attacks, but retorting by calling kara a rude jackass isn't exactly mature either.

Conclusion: Just explain your side and people will understand. Less arguments. More discussion. More civility.

Re: Then just don't say anything.

karathrow

BacardiBreezer said

Then just don't say anything. Let it roll off your shoulders and read the next post.

I wouldn't say anything if people who shared your view did the same. I only repeatedly bring it up because you feel the need to repeatedly make it a point to criticize people for posting their likes in a thread asking what people like. The thread isn't "critique the previous posters likes". You can view it as that, and youre free to shit on peoples likes, but history has shown you to be very temperamental about criticism (dont know how else to say this without it coming off as an attack, but its true).

This is just going in circles now. You guys are literally blind to what youre doing and its just madness to try to reason with you. You come in with your negative nancy attitudes and then play the victim when someone calls you out on it.

I was definitely out of line in the comments I made earlier, but it's frustrating to see the same behavior over and over again. I'm not asking you to like ff7, I am asking you to respect other peoples opinions and not try to make people feel bad because theirs differs from yours.

karathrow

I'm not trying to single you out BB but you're response is a good example.

BacardiBreezer said

FF7 is overrated in every fucking way. That being said I was not impressed with 9's score either.

Without any explanation, this ends up as a sheer insult to those who appreciate the game. In BB's defense, karathrow was kinda doing personal attacks, but retorting by calling kara a rude jackass isn't exactly mature either.

Conclusion: Just explain your side and people will understand. Less arguments. More discussion. More civility.

Exactly, and while my means are probably counter to what Im pushing for, this is more or less what I'm saying. You really cant come into a casual/light hearted conversation tell people their interests are stupid and expect a civil conversation.

Like literally the first posts by both bacardi and art are totally inflamatory and really don't add anything. I don't see how you can call that "critical thinking".

For that matter why do we have to justify liking one specific thing. If everything you liked faced the same amount of scrutiny would it hold up? Would it get old?

We should really get back on

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

We should really get back on topic, but until then I'll just stick this here...

Metacritic (the review aggregate site) said

ff9_is_da_best_suckerrrrrrrrs.jpg

So that's the end of that.

SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!

I liked FF7. played it when

StrangeJam

Da Manliness

I liked FF7. played it when it came out, I had no access to the internet world back then whatsoever so enjoyed it my own way, I can definetly see why it got so big. one thing I never got was the Aeris hype, I never had her in my party, not even once. In fact I think I raged when I was forced to take her in the cave/temple of the ancients lol.
how the hell did I go through the game without a healer.

anyways as far as top songs go...I'd have to say a huge fag for Persona 4. the music in that game is so chillax in general.

Persona 4 Heartbreak - Your Affection
1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPqoeWGpNg0
2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDv7fPjHDxc
But I'll try to add more variety.

Million Knights Vermillion Forbidden flowers.
3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKPyylDc4Y0

Random sidenote, random FF7 hate reminds me of Metalheads hating on Justin bieber lol, I guess it is normal to be hated for baseless reasons when you're popular. proves you're relevant and people will go out of their way to hate on you :v

Kara why is it so hard for

BacardiBreezer

Kara why is it so hard for you to skip over the FF7 dislike/hate posts? If you could do it for any other game, you can do it for that. If someone said they hated MY favorite game, which is Chrono Trigger, I would just shake my head and think they obviously have not played it. I don't give a shit if anyone likes it, it's me who puts in the time and effort to play it, and it's me who enjoys the game. I don't ask anyone else to play with me, nor do I have to. Opinions get stated, and you can just leave it at that. Nobody has to explain why they like or don't like something, there are no rules on the internet. Not only that but when you respond with such extreme anger, people see that instead of the point you are trying to get across. Anger breeds more anger, and within no time you have a full on forum argument that goes nowhere and upsets people.

The irony is yes a few times I have not understood why people said the things they have, but in this thread you are the one acting that way. At least I have an excuse - hormones XD

And Nate, no one cares XD XD

BacardiBreezer

And Nate, no one cares XD XD XD

Never got into an overblown

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

Never got into an overblown cryfest about a video game?

Then you DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT VIDEO GAMES SON.

(No subject)

Kabukibear

Happy Strumming!

(No subject)

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

nou.png

Re: (No subject)

karathrow

natenmn said

nou.png

That's the problem nate, Kabukis picture is an accurate joke but yours isn't. Nobody's asking anyone to like ff7, just that they respect that other people do.

=.=

natenmn

karathrow said

That's the problem nate, Kabukis picture is an accurate joke but yours isn't. Nobody's asking anyone to like ff7, just that they respect that other people do.

=.=

nou2.png

Is that better?

Re: Kara why is it so hard for

karathrow

BacardiBreezer said

Kara why is it so hard for you to skip over the FF7 dislike/hate posts?

Why is it so hard for you to skip over FF7 like posts? If the thread was "what games do you find to be overrated piles of crap" I would find the responses appropriate but questoning why people like what they like as if there is something wrong with them is just shallow and childish.

If you could do it for any other game, you can do it for that. If someone said they hated MY favorite game, which is Chrono Trigger, I would just shake my head and think they obviously have not played it. I don't give a shit if anyone likes it, it's me who puts in the time and effort to play it, and it's me who enjoys the game. I don't ask anyone else to play with me, nor do I have to. Opinions get stated, and you can just leave it at that. Nobody has to explain why they like or don't like something, there are no rules on the internet. Not only that but when you respond with such extreme anger, people see that instead of the point you are trying to get across. Anger breeds more anger, and within no time you have a full on forum argument that goes nowhere and upsets people.

Again I was never saying anyone has to like anything. I'm not even questioning whether ff7 is overrated or the validity of you thinking it is. I'm questioning the wisdom of interjecting that you think something sucks just because someone else mentions they like it.

You can't seem to understand the point, I don't see why it's so hard to communicate here. The funny thing is your message is basically "shut up" in a polite way which was more or less what I was asking people to do. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all I guess.

Yes I was out of line with my comments but that is partially because you were pretty douchey about how you responded when I brought this up civilly in another thread. There's no indication that you're not going to continue doing it, and I don't have patience for people who go out of their way to annoy others.

karathrow

natenmn said

karathrow said

=.=

nou2.png

Is that better?

No it's still not accurate because what bothered me was that Art questioned Oggirt for his opinion like there's something wrong with him for liking something Art doesn't.

Surprised this is so hard to grasp....yeesh.

I side with kara in the war

surreal

I side with kara in the war of the titans

There's no point arguing with

Parhelion

There's no point arguing with forum members over this, Kara. If you're so serious about this issue, take it to Archard and maybe he'll enforce a strict ONTOPIC ONLY POLICE STATE NO HATIN forum rule.

----------

Friend of the pag.

It's times like this I lol at

surreal

It's times like this I lol at me being a super mod around here.

Re: Kara why is it so hard for

BacardiBreezer

karathrow said

BacardiBreezer said

Kara why is it so hard for you to skip over the FF7 dislike/hate posts?

Why is it so hard for you to skip over FF7 like posts? If the thread was "what games do you find to be overrated piles of crap" I would find the responses appropriate but questoning why people like what they like as if there is something wrong with them is just shallow and childish.

If you could do it for any other game, you can do it for that. If someone said they hated MY favorite game, which is Chrono Trigger, I would just shake my head and think they obviously have not played it. I don't give a shit if anyone likes it, it's me who puts in the time and effort to play it, and it's me who enjoys the game. I don't ask anyone else to play with me, nor do I have to. Opinions get stated, and you can just leave it at that. Nobody has to explain why they like or don't like something, there are no rules on the internet. Not only that but when you respond with such extreme anger, people see that instead of the point you are trying to get across. Anger breeds more anger, and within no time you have a full on forum argument that goes nowhere and upsets people.

Again I was never saying anyone has to like anything. I'm not even questioning whether ff7 is overrated or the validity of you thinking it is. I'm questioning the wisdom of interjecting that you think something sucks just because someone else mentions they like it.

You can't seem to understand the point, I don't see why it's so hard to communicate here. The funny thing is your message is basically "shut up" in a polite way which was more or less what I was asking people to do. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all I guess.

Yes I was out of line with my comments but that is partially because you were pretty douchey about how you responded when I brought this up civilly in another thread. There's no indication that you're not going to continue doing it, and I don't have patience for people who go out of their way to annoy others.

As you can see, my first post wasn't in direct response, I was just agreeing with the first person who said it. Not really trying to discuss it, more like just sayin'.

You might have been saying "shut up"...but you were far from polite, which is why this thread has gone the way it has! And lol @ "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all I guess." Practice what you preach!

So you assume I'm going to keep doing it, so you talk to me like shit and be an ass to me? Hm.

Re: There's no point arguing with

karathrow

Parhelion said

There's no point arguing with forum members over this, Kara. If you're so serious about this issue, take it to Archard and maybe he'll enforce a strict ONTOPIC ONLY POLICE STATE NO HATIN forum rule.

I think you're being a bit dramatic. People should be policing themselves, it's just common sense. We're a small community and while we all lol @ friendly poking or trolling it's kind of silly to resort to "lol internet" behavior with how few of us there are around here. Especially when it's to a new member who's trying to fit in.

If things were so bad that we had to use mod power in this then there would be no point in these forums at all. We're all adults (or those of us underage can conduct ourselves as one) I don't feel guilty for expecting people to act that way.

At any rate even I felt people were out of line I shouldnt have responded the way I did. My bad guys.

Re: We should really get back on

Ranulf

natenmn said

We should really get back on topic, but until then I'll just stick this here...

Metacritic (the review aggregate site) said

ff9_is_da_best_suckerrrrrrrrs.jpg

Tha fuck?! FFXII got 3rd place?! Yeah, you can't trust that, suckers.

And yeah, whoever cared about Aeris in the first place, seriously.

Re: We should really get back on

natenmn

Ranulf said

Tha fuck?! FFXII got 3rd place?! Yeah, you can't trust that, suckers.

Yeah, it should have gotten second... right after IX.

(No subject)

Ranulf

FUUUUUUUUU

k, let's get back to the

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

k, let's get back to the topic

stay jazzy

Re: k, let's get back to the

Ranulf

Metal Slug?
Metal Snail

Oh god what have I started? I

OggirtMoonfrad

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Oh god what have I started? I was merely stating my personal opinion and favourites, this has been blown way out of proportion.

Re: Oh god what have I started? I

jit

OggirtMoonfrad said

Oh god what have I started? I was merely stating my personal opinion and favourites, this has been blown way out of proportion.

If a thread stays on-topic, then it is off-topic. And if a topic isn't derailed by the second page, then it just isn't gametabs.

this is like this tread

Max_depa

this is like this thread appears lol