You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Whats your top 3 video game songs - page 2

ANSWER ??????

isa iv

BOSSES FROM

SECRET OF MANA - SNES
FINAL FANTASY IV - SNES
ZELDA A LINK... - SNES

I really like snes games though I'm 14 years old and i must like Newer video games,
but i really snes games

This are my favorite video games and video games song TOO
and from bosses

Well... 1. Click Clock Wood

Well...

1. Click Clock Wood (Banjo Kazooie)

2. Still More Fighting (FF7)

3. Hyrule Field (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

1. Wild Arms - To A New

laoise

Laoise

1. Wild Arms - To A New Journey

2. Final Fantasy VII - Ahead On Our Way

3. Final Fantasy IX - You're Not Alone

Hmmmmmm...

Timmyb101

My favorite 3 changes, but right now there,

1.)One winged angel(FFVII)

2.)Hyrule Field (LOZ:OOT)

3.)600 A.D. (CT)

Re: Whats your top 3 video game songs

BacardiBreezer

My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!

Quite hard to choose but I'll do my best

1) Fillmore - ActRaiser...sick bass line, tons of energy, catchy as hell

2) Chrono Trigger Main Theme

3) Ballacetine Castle - Ys 3

Parasite Eve - Main Theme

Ashurei

Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version)

Actraiser - Fillmore

Soul Calibur Legends - Fatalize from the Tales series

FFIV: Red Wings FFVII: Those

Ranulf

I will not join your gametabs.

FFIV: Red Wings
FFVII: Those Who Fight Further
I can't decide, so... Chrono Cross's entire soundtrack

Edit: maybe Garden of the Gods or Magical Dreamers

This thread is torture. How

karathrow

This thread is torture. How could I possibly pick 3?

1. The Best is Yet to Come -MGS
2. Aerith/Aeris's Theme -FF7
3. Monkey Island theme -various games

Re: Whats your top 3 video game songs

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

thats easy, for me at least
(in order)

1. Chrono Cross--Radical Dreamers
2. Final Fantasy VI--Terra's Theme
3 Final Fantasy IX--Kuja's Theme/Immoral Melody

respectively:

Gorgeously composed and arranged
Supremely nostalgic and melodic
So evil it puts me in a Trance (get it?)

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

Re: FFIV: Red Wings FFVII: Those

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

is magical dreamers and radical dreamers the same song/melody? or...?

I cant remember...

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

Ranulf

It's not the same, but they are both awesome songs.

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

OH MY GOD, I CANT BELIEVE I DIDNT REMEMBER WHAT THIS WAS!!!!! ARRGGGG!

they are indeed both very awesome songs. i enjoy playing both on my acoustic and electric guitar, respectively.

see, ive always come to recognize this song as "nikki's concert", thus i rarely remember the fact that its called magical dreamers. thanks for reminding me mate, ill probably remember from now on actually.

----------

I actually forgot I wanted to

BacardiBreezer

I actually forgot I wanted to learn that one on the electric! Thanks for reminding me XD

Re: I actually forgot I wanted to

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

see, its songs like that that got me into in flames initially. if there were ever a metal band to do the soundtrack for the chrono series, i would vote in flames for sure.

i refer you to dialogue with the stars, jester script transfigured, and acoustic medley. the melodies they express in those songs in particular capture the essence and atmosphere of the games flawlessly.

in flames we trust

----------

If you ever wanted to make a

jit

If you ever wanted to make a badass metal cover of an amazing song, this would be it. The ridiculous solo in the middle, the rhythm, the lead. So awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTQIiIKummw

Re: If you ever wanted to make a

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

dude, that is fucking awesome. gave you a shoutout on youtube just for allowing me the pleasure to hear such epicness....wonder if theres a tab out there anywhere....wait, if there is, it outta be right here! thanks man!!!!

----------

top three video game songs

roborapper1

1. just about any skull monkeys song (but the bonus room in particular)
2. Shadow of the colossus- revived power
3. katamari demacy- the overworld theme something like "the brilliant star walk is brilliant"? i have no idea but i like it

there are so many more it would take hundreds of posts to cover all of them

my top 3 videogame

guitargirlmarielle

my top 3 videogame songs

hhmmm...
there are many game soundtracks that I like :)
but if I had to choose I wil go for these:

1 all halo soundtracks (and if I had to choose one of them, it will be: HALO 3: One Final Effort)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S68GmenFk2g

2 megaman X command mission: Zero's theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk75wqm6p-4

3 vanquish: battle on the east deck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v6_Zbaq_BA

greetings
Marielle

----------

games live on in songs ;)

Opening Theme/Bombing Mission

OggirtMoonfrad

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Opening Theme/Bombing Mission - Final Fantasy VII
Forest Temple - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Anxious Heart - Final Fantasy VII

FFVII really was Nobuo Uematsu's magnum opus collection, his work on the music of the other games just didn't do it as much for me, something about these that just stood out so much more...

Re: Opening Theme/Bombing Mission

Arteriorrhexis

Bigot

OggirtMoonfrad said

FFVII really was Nobuo Uematsu's magnum opus collection, his work on the music of the other games just didn't do it as much for me, something about these that just stood out so much more...

... You can't be serious

Re: Opening Theme/Bombing Mission

Ranulf

Arteriorrhexis said

... You can't be serious

Why not?

Because FFVII is over-rated

Arteriorrhexis

Bigot

Because FFVII is over-rated in so many ways and the soundtrack is also really over-rated, a lot of it seems pretty bland :/ but thats my opinion

Re: Because FFVII is over-rated

karathrow

Arteriorrhexis said

Because FFVII is over-rated in so many ways and the soundtrack is also really over-rated, a lot of it seems pretty bland :/ but thats my opinion

Sigh, it's this bullshit again.

Seriously you don't have to bring it up every time someone says they like ff7.

People like shit you dont. Get the fuck over it. You are not counter culture and cool by being the good taste police. I'm sure lots of things you like are overrated piles of shit.

Arteriorrhexis

Bigot

karathrow said

Arteriorrhexis said

People like shit you dont. Get the fuck over it. You are not counter culture and cool by being the good taste police. I'm sure lots of things you like are overrated piles of shit.

Listen, I said it was my opinion, I'm allowed to have one. He posted about it, I asked if he was serious and then I was questioned about it so I answered. You say I don't have to bring it up every time someone mentions ff7? When have I said shit about it before? Tell me.

I don't give a fuck if people like shit I don't that's their deal but yet again I'm allowed my own goddamn opinion. I'm not trying to be cool. And you don't need to go all ape-shit on me if I offend you for my opinion.

karathrow

Arteriorrhexis said

karathrow said

Arteriorrhexis said

Listen, I said it was my opinion, I'm allowed to have one. He posted about it, I asked if he was serious and then I was questioned about it so I answered. You say I don't have to bring it up every time someone mentions ff7? When have I said shit about it before? Tell me.

I don't give a fuck if people like shit I don't that's their deal but yet again I'm allowed my own goddamn opinion. I'm not trying to be cool. And you don't need to go all ape-shit on me if I offend you for my opinion.

Wow it must be really annoying to have someone shitting on your opinion all the time.

I agree with you it is

Ranulf

I agree with you it is overrated, but that's not really a good enough reason to bash on it, at least imo.

Why so

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

Why so serious?

Arteriorrhexis said

I asked if he was serious

To be fair, you didn't ask. There was no question mark, and the sentence structure had no implication of a question. You simply stated that Oggirt "cannot be serious" about thinking FF7's soundtrack was Nobuo Uematsu's best work.

That being said, I agree with you, Art! Final Fantasy VII's soundtrack is bland... but only when compared to the shining glory that is Final Fantasy IX's soundtrack. Even Nobuo Uematsu wholeheartedly agrees with me:

Wikipedia said

Uematsu was twice reported claiming without hesitation that Final Fantasy IX was his favorite score.

SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!

ugh 9's music is so boring it

Jacob31593

ugh 9's music is so boring
it has 2, maybe 3 good songs

Re: ugh 9's music is so boringit

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

Jacob31593 said

ugh 9's music is so boring
it has 2, maybe 3 good songs

B-b-but your opinion sucks compared to mine and Nobuo Uematsu's:

Wikipedia said

Uematsu was twice reported claiming without hesitation that Final Fantasy IX was his favorite score.

SUCKERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Re: ugh 9's music is so boringit

Jacob31593

My apologies for sparking

OggirtMoonfrad

My apologies for sparking such an argument; let me clarify.

I entirely agree that a lot of things about FFVII are overrated, Disk 2 onwards just got plain boring in many places. Hell, I'd take VI or IX over VII any day.

However, I am speaking ONLY about the soundtrack. Regardless of the sound quality, which I agree was poor due to the simple MIDI instrument sounds Nobuo had available, the quality of the compositions themselves were incredible. Such powerful melodies in places, such interesting modulations and instrumentation choices, and so fitting with the game itself.

That is why, yes, I am serious, as I genuinely believe it is an incredible collection of songs. I understand where you're coming from, as there are a lot of fanboys who go over the top in claiming its the best game ever and such, but quality of music composition wise, it quite possibly is some of the best I have ever heard.

7's music is definitely

Jacob31593

7's music is definitely better than 9's

FF7 is overrated in every

BacardiBreezer

FF7 is overrated in every fucking way. That being said I was not impressed with 9's score either.

it's cool guise it's game

StrangeJam

Da Manliness

it's cool guise, it's game muzak, life goes on

Re: it's cool guise it's game

natenmn

StrangeJam said

life goes on

No, it doesn't.

Jacob and Bacardi...

... both of you! >:-[

karathrow

StrangeJam said

it's cool guise, it's game muzak, life goes on

I'm aware, but it's kind of annoying when someone posts their opinion and the good taste police dog pile in with their anti-boner for FF7.

It's not like people are saying ff7 is objectively the greatest thing ever, the thread is what are YOUR top songs.

Literally every thread that FF7 gets brought up in, devolves into this garbage.

You'd have to be blind to not think ff7 is overrated, most popular games are. It's not the second coming of christ, but it doesn't hold you hostage and kill your family when you put the disc in either.

I don't think Halo's that great, but I'm not going to actively seek out people that like it and make them justify their view. Some of us are near 30, let's pretend like we're adults.

jit

karathrow said

You'd have to be blind to not think ff7 is overrated, most popular games are. It's not the second coming of christ, but it doesn't hold you hostage and kill your family when you put the disc in either.

I don't think FF7 is overrated. Nor do I think it's underrated. It sits where it should be in the pedestal. This is in regards to anything, when something is known as one of the best, there will always be people who will call it overrated. My only problem is people who judge solely on it's popularity. It's immature and is a basically an indication of jealousy. Other than that, I'll respect your opinion. So what Ant said was fine to me.

I think Jit hit the nail on

natenmn

I think Jit hit the nail on the head there.

Is FF7 overrated? There are a crapload of people that go batshit insane over how glorious it is. However, there are seemingly just as many that go batshit insane over how stinky/overrated it is. Seems like in the end it kind of evens out.

Re: I think Jit hit the nail on

karathrow

natenmn said

Is FF7 overrated? There are a crapload of people that go batshit insane over how glorious it is. However, there are seemingly just as many that go batshit insane over how stinky/overrated it is. Seems like in the end it kind of evens out.

Yeah I think that's part of the reason I don't really like FF7 anymore. So many years on the interwebs has made me associate FF7 with forum culture stupidity (both the fanboys and the haters).

Same with ff6. I cant help but associate it with elitist douchebag hipsters.

6 had good music

Jacob31593

6 had good music

BacardiBreezer

natenmn said

The thing you guys are forgetting is people like me respond only when it's brought up first. The FF7 fanboys start droning on about it, and we respond accordingly. It's not even worth bitching about without provocation.

6 was a great game. I remember getting it brand new. 4 is my favorite for personal reasons, but I think 6 is overall the "best" of the series. However all of the other games up til X have certain aspects I really like.

FF sucks anyway...

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

FF sucks anyway...

Re: FF sucks anyway...

BacardiBreezer

RexLeRouge said

FF sucks anyway...

lulz

Re: FF sucks anyway...

OggirtMoonfrad

RexLeRouge said

FF sucks anyway...

Touché.

karathrow

BacardiBreezer said

The thing you guys are forgetting is people like me respond only when it's brought up first. The FF7 fanboys start droning on about it, and we respond accordingly. It's not even worth bitching about without provocation.

6 was a great game. I remember getting it brand new. 4 is my favorite for personal reasons, but I think 6 is overall the "best" of the series. However all of the other games up til X have certain aspects I really like.

Nobody was "droning on" about shit. People make fluff threads about what your favorite X is and people post theirs. Someone posting their favorite X is not an invitation for you to shit on their opinion.

Seriously in a casual real life conversation you would never see someone do something like that.

Person A: "Hey man whats your favorite game?"
Person B: "Oh I like halo a lot"
Person A: "Wow, really? You can't be serious, that game is awful."

You are not the final arbiter of quality and while you are entitled to your opinion, it makes you look like a douchebag when you assume someone posting something they like in a thread ABOUT posting things you like is an invitation to shit on them for their opinion.

It's so pathetic to play the victim card "oh it's so hard with people liking things I don't, it just hurts! It's my civic duty to bring them in line and remind them of their dirty peasant tastes!"

You can go ahead and play the "lol internet I say what I want" card but gametabs is a pretty small community and we've already got one Salem. Besides you get pretty pissy when people shit on your stuff anyway.

This thread is about your top

natenmn

This thread is about your top three videogame songs.

With that in mind, I'm going to add more fuel to the fire with this:

Wikipedia said:

Sakaguchi called Final Fantasy IX his favorite Final Fantasy game as "it's closest to [his] ideal view of what Final Fantasy should be".

And... it's true.

SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!

BacardiBreezer

karathrow said

BacardiBreezer said

Nobody was "droning on" about shit. People make fluff threads about what your favorite X is and people post theirs. Someone posting their favorite X is not an invitation for you to shit on their opinion.

Seriously in a casual real life conversation you would never see someone do something like that.

Person A: "Hey man whats your favorite game?"
Person B: "Oh I like halo a lot"
Person A: "Wow, really? You can't be serious, that game is awful."

You are not the final arbiter of quality and while you are entitled to your opinion, it makes you look like a douchebag when you assume someone posting something they like in a thread ABOUT posting things you like is an invitation to shit on them for their opinion.

It's so pathetic to play the victim card "oh it's so hard with people liking things I don't, it just hurts! It's my civic duty to bring them in line and remind them of their dirty peasant tastes!"

You can go ahead and play the "lol internet I say what I want" card but gametabs is a pretty small community and we've already got one Salem. Besides you get pretty pissy when people shit on your stuff anyway.

Wow, dude. You mad brah?

I'm not even going to respond to the FF7 shit anymore because it's a stupid thing to argue about and I really don't feel like arguing anyway. The fact that you resorted to personal attacks just proves what's really going on here, I don't even need to say it.

karathrow

Then shut the fuck up when people say they like something jesus christ. This thread wouldnt have been derailed if people like you didnt have to be smug shitheads.

It's not about ff7 it's about learning to accept people like things you dont and that someone saying they like something isnt an invitation for you to question them or shit on them for it.

Why do I have to explain this to people, feel like I'm a kindergarten teacher or some shit. Grow the fuck up.

EDIT: And I didnt make personal attacks making a personal attack would be something like "you expect everyone to cowtow to your nasty attitude because you have tits, and throw tantrums when people call you on your bullshit."

BacardiBreezer

karathrow said

Then shut the fuck up when people say they like something jesus christ. This thread wouldnt have been derailed if people like you didnt have to be smug shitheads.

It's not about ff7 it's about learning to accept people like things you dont and that someone saying they like something isnt an invitation for you to question them or shit on them for it.

Why do I have to explain this to people, feel like I'm a kindergarten teacher or some shit. Grow the fuck up.

EDIT: And I didnt make personal attacks making a personal attack would be something like "you expect everyone to cowtow to your nasty attitude because you have tits, and throw tantrums when people call you on your bullshit."

You know, I gotta say you're way out of line. I conceded the argument and tried to remain neutral, but you continue to be a rude jackass for no reason. Reread your posts and tell me you're not posting with your head up your ass. I've had no issue with you before but all of the sudden because I explained why people attack FF7 when it's brought up you take all of your rage out on me, call me names and then just make up shit about my character. Dude, chill the fuck out and get a life. I said NOTHING nasty - like I said, reread what you have written.

Final Fantasy, the only rpg

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

Final Fantasy, the only rpg where battles continue after you closed the game