You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Final Fantasy Solo Guitar book

PolakDave

Super Polak

Hey! Does anyone know if this book has tabs in it, or is it all just plain sheet music?

Re: Final Fantasy Solo Guitar book

BooDoo

People

This book has both notation and tabs with rhythm markers.

FILE: 643-chocobo.GIF

PolakDave

Super Polak

Beautiful. So it's basically like guitar pro! Thanks a ton! Ordering on the morrow :D

----------

Final Fantasy IX - Melodies of Life
Final Fantasy IX - Vamo Alla Flamenco
Final Fantasy IX - Frontier Village Dali
Xenosaga - Shion - Memories of the Past

Binarynova

That book is probably my favorite game music related purchase ever. I've got about 5 or 6 of the tunes in it memorized. I was going strong there for a while. Also if you can find it, and if you're a fan, there is a similar book for Chrono Cross that also has guitar duets. It's pretty cool too, though I think it's a bit tougher than the FF Guitar Book.

ronito

Decisive Battler

I liked the book but some of the arrangements were really underwhelming some of the arrangements we have here are much better. The crono cross was ok, but I really didn't like that half of it was duets, finding another guitarist into vg music and good enough to play along is not easy. I really prefer the Dragon Quest guitar book it's huge and is really well done.

Binarynova

I also don't like all the duets for the same reason. It's impossible where I live to find anyone who would want to play them or be able to play them. But some of the solo arrangements are nice. My only complaints with the FF book are that some of the song selections are weird and like you say some of the arrangements aren't that great.

"ronito" posted:

Dragon Quest guitar book

:o
I was wondering if there were any other guitar books. Even if they're mediocre I think it's important to support them so that maybe just maybe they'll make more.

ronito

Decisive Battler

Oh it's not mediocre. Trust me on this one. Easily the best vg music for guitar book out there. I paid through the nose for it. But well worth it.

PolakDave

Super Polak

"ronito" posted:

Oh it's not mediocre. Trust me on this one. Easily the best vg music for guitar book out there. I paid through the nose for it. But well worth it.

Where'd you get it? Online?

I agree with you about the FF book. A lot of the songs are a little underwhelming. Some of them do the trick, though. I think Melodies of Life was done almost to perfection.

Any mention on the song list from Chrono Trigger? I assume Wind Scene, but that's been done by a million people. Hell, even I've made my own arrangement for it, hahaha.

----------

BooDoo

People

I only know of a Chrono Trigger Piano Arrange book, don't think there's any guitar book unfortunately.

Maybe it could be a project for the projects forum? There's already a number of great arrangements to start with previously submitted.

ronito

Decisive Battler

Well I bought mine from the Amazon japanese site

looks like Play asia has it though

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-135 ... -236b.html

PolakDave

Super Polak

30$ isn't too bad. Are there any songs you recommend learning from it? That way I can listen and see if it's worth my $$.

----------

ronito

Decisive Battler

there are a few recordings on youtube if you search for Dragon Quest Guitar Solo Collection

Really all the arrangements are great (especially the DQ8 ones) but since they're all in Japanese and I don't have a translation I can't really tell you which onces to play.

I think after shipping I paid nearly $60 for mine and it's been worth every penny.

archard

"PolakDave" posted:

30$ isn't too bad. Are there any songs you recommend learning from it? That way I can listen and see if it's worth my $$.

I recommend the Jecht's Theme arrangement from Final Fantasy 10. Also the Melodies of Life arrangement from Final Fantasy 9 is good.

----------

DANG

PolakDave

Super Polak

"archard" posted:

"PolakDave" posted:

I recommend the Jecht's Theme arrangement from Final Fantasy 10. Also the Melodies of Life arrangement from Final Fantasy 9 is good.

Yeah, I got the FF9 book, and you can see in my sig which songs I'm learning. Melodies is one of them.

As soon as I get my next cheque, I'll order the Dragon Quest book. Are there any Dragon Quest tabs out here you guys recommend?

----------

PolakDave

Super Polak

Alright, so I ordered the Dragon quest book like last Tuesday. It said 5-10 days. Does anybody (Canadian in particular) know how they'll deliver it? Do I have to be home?

----------

ronito said

Well I bought mine from the Amazon japanese site

looks like Play asia has it though

I also order this on Amazon, but the price has gone up

JohnnyBailey

ronito said

I liked the book but some of the arrangements were really underwhelming some of the arrangements we have here are much better. The crono cross was ok, but I really didn't like that half of it was duets, finding another guitarist into vg music and good enough to play along is not easy. I really prefer the Dragon Quest guitar book it's huge and is really well done.

I also consider any books and materials. I'd like to study this in more detail, but there is not enough time for this yet. I'm preparing a research paper and other homework. This is not easy for me and this source helped me in this matter https://www.topwritersreview.com/blog/historical-facts-about-homework-who-invented-why-and-when/ Thanks to this, I learned how to properly cope with homework to get a high score.