You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Favorite game developer?

wako-kun

MM tabber

I really miss Rareware for Nintendo... Games like Banjo-Kazooie and DK....

I've seen the trailer for the new Banjo game and.... well it looked kinda fun but i wouldn't consider it a banjo game... it looked more like a racing stuffy thingy... :?

so well... let's say Rare WAS my favorite because of the humor, the soft graphics, the nice simple playability and so on.... I will miss you, come BACK! :|

oh, and mention the reason it's your favorite.

Re: Favorite game developer?

archard

I really miss SquareSoft, not Square-Enix... Seems like RPG's died when they merged. Maybe it's just cause the focus on games started shifting towards graphics when they merged though.

----------

DANG

ChupaCalvin

Lt. McMuffin

Irem because of great (and hard) games like Metal Storm and R-type back on the SNES. Very under appreciated and under-advertised.

Waladuz

Der Kritiker

Konami Computer Entertainment Japan for great games such as the "Metal Gear" Series and series such as "Boktai" and "Zone of the Enders"

----------

"Yo, buddy...still alive?" - Larry "Pixy" Foulke

Rembrant

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Rare.

I'm a complete rare addict. I'm totally stoked for Banjo Kazooie 3. I've been waiting for 10 years.

----------

I am working on Spiral Mountain Blues for Banjo Tooie.

Rick

Unusual

What Archard said

And I want Playstation to go die

So it can be Microsoft and Nintendo only

Because you know... Playstation doesn't have any good PS only games... except maybe 3 series

But that's it :(

:(

----------

I opened one box of cereal only to find a totally different bag of cereal inside... such is life

atukomanga

Shiny/Glowy object collector

Square will continue to be a favorite until Nobou Uematsu retires (which, if rumors hold true, will be after XIII). I do miss the songs of Lunar by Working Designs, for some of the songs that came from that were massively epic. Blizzard's Diablo has had some great music, and Sony's Legend of Dragoon had a decent soundtrack...and we can't forget God of War.

----------

ウイル ワツク フォオ アニメ クラツプ
Will Work for Anime Crap

Krimson

Much nerdy love

Team Ninja was probably the best I know of. Too bad about what happened to them :(

mlw08

zidzy

My favorite was SquareEnix, I love Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games... 8-)

wako-kun

MM tabber

Have anyone heard anything about Silicon Knights lately?
I'd LOVE to see Eternal Darkness II! But they're not owned by Nintendo right? Are they 3rd party?

----------

I'm 'alternative' because everyone else is...

Devandra

Dark Jesus

I love Atlus who made Shin Megami Tenseï.
And Squaresoft, no square-enix. All the Squaresoft period was really great for RPGs, Square-Enix not make me dream.

saiyoucho

Enix and Tri-ace!

Things started to go really bad once Squaresoft became Square-Enix. =.=;

For example they totally messed up Star Ocean 3 for PS2. The second one was the best ever.

meh

stuff

I'd have to say square, nintendo??* i think thats what its called, don't quote me on it* and atlus..... my favorite games came from those.. the persona series, zleda, and of course FF and Kingdom hearts, but then there is rare who developed some of my other favorites....

----------

If I had a dollar for every brain you didn't have.... I'd have a dollar

Krimson

Much nerdy love

Bioware! +5/20 Suck resistance! :ugeek:

Rare, back in the days.

Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Battletoads, Diddy Kong Racing, they were out of SIGHT

Juja

I'm gonna have to go with the obvious choice and say Nintendo. My favorite games of all time aren't necessarily from Nintendo. Actually, my top 3 are from Square - Chrono Trigger/Cross and Xenogears. However, Nintendo, as well as their 2nd party developers, consistently put out quality games, many of which would rank in my greatest games of all time.

As for 2nd party and lesser known developers, here's my top 5 list:

1. Retro Studios - I know they've only done the Metroid Prime games so far, but they're some of my favorite games in recent years.

2. Intelligent Systems - Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Advance Wars. Need I say more?

3. Grasshopper Manufacture - Killer 7 is one of the craziest/most awesome games I've ever played. No More Heroes is fun, funny, the bosses are extremely unique, and it's just a really entertaining game overall.

4. Silicon Knights - Eternal Darkness is a pretty unforgettable gaming experience, and their Metal Gear Solid remake was top-notch. Too bad I don't have a 360 so I can't try out Too Human.

5. Level 5 - I've only played Dragon Quest VIII and Professor Layton so far, but I loved the crap out of both games.

spider-harry

King of the World

I would say the old Lucas Arts, when they were called Lucasfilm games and the time they just renamed it an brought me games like Day of the Tentacle, Sam&Max, Monkey Island and so on. These were so awesome.
Also I have to go with squaresoft and nintendo, to much greatness came from those two.

jakey

probably... sonic team? lol. mainly for sonic and ristar.

but harmonix and redoctane have done a good job with guitar hero (NOT rockband), and insOmniac rocked with the old spyro games.

MattTheParanoidKat

Raging Dick

Either Capcom or Konami. Capcom has some great games like Street Fight, Darkstalkers, and some awesome cross over franchises... that went down the toilet. Well, there is always Phoenix Wright. Konami has Silent Hill 2, and Metal Gear Solid. So, either or.

No mention of Namco? Awwwwh.

crimsondarkn

No mention of Namco? Awwwwh. Well, Namco for me.

----------

PSN: crimsondarkn

All my favorite developer are

kimpile

All my favorite developer are dead by now !(

Psygnosis, Cryo, Origins, Westwood studio, delphine software

----------

- Hardcore gamer since 25 years

Team Ico. They've only made

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

Team Ico. They've only made two games so far, but they are very personal games for me.

All of my other favorite developers have already been mentioned :)

Capcom. Capcom. And Capcom.

Zero

The Red Mega Man

Capcom. Capcom. And Capcom. Mainly because of Mega Man, Resident Evil, and Onimusha. I also love nintendo but Mega Man and Capcomhold so many more memories for me.

Atlus. Maybe it's because I'm

VizardAnshin

Atlus. Maybe it's because I'm also a fan of Shoji Meguro's work. ^ ^

bandai capcom square atlus and hal

hero of the kokiri

i like them alot

----------

Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth...

I won't point out the

Hakoria

Laon King

I won't point out the necro.

How did Konami get mentioned twice without bringing up at least the first 2 Suikoden games, QQ

Enix, Tri-ace, Konami, Capcom

BigHeadClan

Tri-Ace:
Starocean - Till the end of times

Enix:
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
Deus Ex
Dragonquest

Konami:
Metal Gear
Onimusha (really just the first one)
Monster Hunter FU

atukomanga said

Square will continue to be a favorite until Nobou Uematsu retires

Pretty sure he hasn't taken a lead role in the music with Square outside 1 or 2 projects in recent years, he's freelance now as far as I know.

Re: Enix, Tri-ace, Konami, Capcom

karathrow

Pretty sure he hasn't taken a lead role in the music with Square outside 1 or 2 projects in recent years, he's freelance now as far as I know.

That post was from 2008 so I doubt the dude will ever read your response. Either way Uematsu left Square in 2004.

It's ok! I doubt I will ever

BigHeadClan

It's ok! I doubt I will ever read when things where posted before doing reply's :)

Since everything else has

Ennea

humhum..

Since everything else has been mentioned already my vote goes to Sierra. I put so many hours into betrayal in antara when I was a child, yet never got to finish it. Bought it again just yesterday from gog.com, and will try again when I get to it. Wish me luck for not being a moron this time!

Good old Squaresoft, Sega and

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

Good old Squaresoft, Sega and Lucasarts... probably.

----------

"Pasta Is Good For You" - The Pasta Guy

Oh, man. Sierra! Someone

auriplane

Oh, man. Sierra! Someone should arrange the Space Quest theme for sure.

----------

Auriplane!!

@Ennea: Du musst nicht ein

Hakoria

Laon King

^Pasto already convinced me to piano arrange Cervantes's Soul Blade theme, dat nostalgia, so I prob won't do Sierra.

@Ennea: Du musst nicht ein dumbkopf werden.
Mit diese message du will nichts vergessen.

Und ich muss mein Deustch re-gearbeitet. likesrsly.

Honestly the 90s was all

Giogiogio4

For all the dreamers: Our planet's dream is not over yet...

Honestly the 90s was all Square and Nintendo.

Until I see FF15 and KH3 and beat em Kojima is my favorite studio.

Tons of great games from other studios of course but Kojima is and has been my favorite in the long run.

----------

My Art for sale! : Here

Latest Recording:Man of the World

:I

hero of the kokiri

NOBODY LIKES HAL AND BANDAI LIKE ME?!?!

----------

Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth...

NO, NO ONE kidding, HAL is

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

NO, NO ONE

kidding, HAL is boss.

HAL and NAMCO Bandai are great. if not the best.

tiger child

and HAL might be my favorite, solely for the fact that they have Mother 2 on their resumé.

----------

this music is my greatest accomplishment
-brick road

i like others like square and capcom.

hero of the kokiri

but they do lots of remakes and sometimes not enough. however bandai made monster party and .hack but never remade them because they made the point that they couldn't get any better. (although i would like a monster party remake)

----------

Monster Party.... That was a

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

Monster Party.... That was a nice game .w.

----------

"Pasta Is Good For You" - The Pasta Guy

ZUN who developed the touhou

max

ZUN who developed the touhou series alone i like him because of the arranges from fans witch are EPIC

----------

Animes, Games and Soundtracks are the best Things in the world

Alundra

Brody

I realy loved Alundra, it was published by Psygnosis (in europe, I think it was a other one in America and Japan). Too bad that there wasn't more games like this (except for the 2D Zeldas).
For nowadays I like Capcom, but I think they also made better games in the past. I like the new RE games but I think they had given it a other name because it's a completely different genre. But they made a great job on Mega Man 9 and 10, thats a little excuse for me :)

Valve

worldeditor11

Valve.I have only one problem with them. They seem to have some kind of difficulty in counting up to 3 in their games. For example,

Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 : Episode 1
Half-Life 2 : Episode 2

Portal
Portal 2

Team Fortress
Team Fortress 2

Note that Valve avoided the number 3 in their game releases, most obvious in the Half-Life series. Despite that, i am still waiting for their next game release in Half-Life.

Another favourite game developer is Creative Assembly for their work in the Total War series. God, i really cant wait for Rome 2 : Total War.

Re: Alundra

Ennea

humhum..

Brody said

I realy loved Alundra, it was published by Psygnosis (in europe, I think it was a other one in America and Japan). Too bad that there wasn't more games like this (except for the 2D Zeldas).

God I love Alundra, it has possibly the hardest puzzles I've ever encountered in a game. Took me a while to get through.

Thanks Hakoria~ And your grammar is awful :D

Re: Alundra

musenji

Ennea said

Thanks Hakoria~ And your grammar is awful :D

What are you talking about? I love video game music arranges.

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

CraptainFalcon

Biggest Troll on Uncharted 3 online

Mine is Naughty Dog.

----------

Biggest Troll on Uncharted 3 online