You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Favorite Metroid Prime?

SuperZambezi

I'm currently playing he 2nd one and i just finished the first one. Which of the Prime series is the best?

Re: Favorite Metroid Prime?

Rick

Unusual

Corruption

It might be unfair to judge a Gamecube game to a Wii game

But the fact that you have that control makes it that much better

Its just a really fun game aswell

----------

I opened one box of cereal only to find a totally different bag of cereal inside... such is life

MetalMario702

The Mario of Metal

well, if you dont count the control scheme, i think the first one was the best. all though it was missing the screw attack, the people at retro did an amazing job. the other 2 seems a little iffy to me...plus ridley was harder then fking college on hard mode >_< (i dont enjoy games that are too easy =P)

plus the first of all game series is alwasy a classic and will be the best considering the sequals =P (completly excluding halo)

----------

Those too weak to follow their own dreams always find a way to discourage others...
Those who think that they know everything annoy those of us that do
[img:23q2yhj0]http://offbeat-zero.net/pulse/sig/thfrbiddn1.png[/img:23q2yhj0]

sam250

Personally I found MP3 to stop being fun when you played it on the harder difficulty settings. Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge (Devil May Cry 3, Hard Mode, oh yeah), but when the games stops being fun and becomes laborious or frustrating, then, well, no.

However, on the easier two difficulty settings, I must say that MP3 was bloody darn awesome. I just love the design of the game, which just keeps getting better and better as you go through the game. Norion is a tad generic, but then you have the primal Bryyo, the amazing steampunk inspired Elysia, and then the fantastic Pirate Homeworld which made my jaw drop around every corner.

So, yeah, Metroid Prime 3 for me.

SamuraiDanny

Rising Guitarist

Metroid Prime 3 is my fave. I love the controls, it was super fun, and I loved the fact that Prime 3 actually made the universe feel alive by adding cutscenes and Hollywood-worthy voice acting. The only dissapoinments I got was the fact that Dark Samus didn't really feel like she had a major role in the story, because I love the fights against her in Prime 2 and Mother Brain was kinda dissapointing too. They both felt like they were just put in 3 for the fun of it. Still, I wanna buy the game for myself (I borrowed it from a friend when I beat it) cause I love it.

----------

Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some, but other times, you get some.

wako-kun

MM tabber

since i haven't played through mp3 yet i'd say the first one...
Really beautiful ambiance and an environmental trip ^^

The cfirst meeting with phazon and the best looking pirates in the series.

----------

I'm 'alternative' because everyone else is...

saiyoucho

The first one was amazing right down to the end.
The second one got me extremely bored after only some hours because it sucked.

The third one however more than enough made up for it. And the usage of the Wii-motes motions added a LOT to the gameplay. The game was extremely long though.
And as recognized in other Metroid games, lot's of backtracking if u want to get all the items.

PiratePete

All the prime games are good but imo the first one ist the best. and my least favorite is the third cause the actions with the wii remote drove me insane. Just small actions that you only used a couple of times. But the story in the game is awsome.

samuel_kim_1

the 2nd one was the best for me though I haven't tried the 3rd one yet, I keep forgetting to get it.
OMG I made an account just to post here
he he

Werts

All three of them are extremely well designed, made, and each once is special for the difference in ambience. While core gameplay stays the same, the games vary drastically and each one is a different experience.

Metroid Prime 1 feels more like the older Metroid games, such as Super Metroid and Metroid II. It retains that feeling of isolation and hopelessness, with only a dead civilization to guide you. You're saving a dead planet. The enemies and bosses are primitive and savage, and of course, at the time Phazon was a new thing so it was interesting.

Metroid Prime 2 puts you in an environment that feels much more "modern". Your enemy is a doppelganger, and places like Sanctuary Fortress, like the BSL Station in Fusion, eliminate all sense of primitiveness. It's a different direction of feeling, coupled with the grimmer mood and the whole "ings killed federation trooper" things help you know better what you're fighting for. Another change in direction is obviously light-world-dark-world. It's a very different feeling from the first game - better the game evolves than repeat itself.

Metroid Prime 3's atmosphere manages to remove ALL hint of isolation, setting it apart from 1 and kind of 2, but also moving closer to both games in different directions. 3 doesn't take a step forward, but rather it takes the good elements from both games and combines them. They have the primal places like Bryyo and SF-esque places like Elysia. And at one point in the game you explore an abadoned space ship, which feels almost like an intense tribute to Super Metroid's ship. Overall, the design isn't the jump from 1 to 2, but it still feels fresh.

All three games are intense, beautiful works of art that are special in their own way. There is no way I can judge which game is better than each other. Each of their differences compliment each other to form a majestic trilogy.

cyberlink

the hyperactive dude

meh, while i could talk endlessly about my motivations and on the plus-sides of all three games i really have to conclude that i like them all the same. i really liked all the different power-ups in the first one, and the ammo and single beam from II and III really killed that feeling. but on the other hand, I and II didn't have hypermode.

in the end they're all great games and i'm glad to have played them all. (in essence, what the guy before me said, thanks Werts, you save me a huge review :D )

----------

guitar: Cort Z22 Zenox Black
amp: Vox DA5

yoshistrings

ヨッシー

I hate all the metroid prime games. They could be a lot better if they weren't first person. More like zleda or something. In all honesty, though, echoes had better graphics than corruption.

Eloustical

Novice umong experts

Curruption is stillbetter, regardless of the graphics

----------

They shouldn't have named it the Wii, it's the butt of too many stupid jokes. They should've named it the Perfect Nintendo Entertainment System(PNES).

yoshistrings

ヨッシー

It's a weed among horse poo, corruption is.

Eloustical

Novice umong experts

Umm, ok, no need to get your undies in a bunch

----------

They shouldn't have named it the Wii, it's the butt of too many stupid jokes. They should've named it the Perfect Nintendo Entertainment System(PNES).

Werts

"cyberlink" posted:

in the end they're all great games and i'm glad to have played them all. (in essence, what the guy before me said, thanks Werts, you save me a huge review :D )

No problem. ;)

Retro8bitje

The First Metroid Prime was the best of the Trilogy. the first is always the best.

MP2 was not so great, didn't feel like a metroid game for me.

I was really waitng for MP3. But it was way to easy. My first try of the game was 12 hours and 93%, i did a day over Metroid Prime and got only like 60%. Metroid Prime 3 had 2 cool fights againts Ridley so cheers for that! the last boss was easy.

But they were al fun to do and glad that i all have them! Metroid FTW!

----------

Here we go...our step so silent
Here we go...our blooded trace
the Jester Race

plainlazy

Delightfully British Scalie

I'd have to go for the first one, mainly because it actually proved that Metroid can be take out of the two dimensional plane we're all oh so used to and still maintain the experience of exploration and mystery.

That and as a boss, Metroid Prime was the dogs. Seriously. I loved that fight.

However, my love for the series died aout round about the time the second one came out, and sadly the novelty of a FPS Metroid kind of died on me - shame really, as I really didn't seem to muster the patience do finish it. And with that, I never played the Wii one, but I suppose the motion controls may save it. I think I may pick it up if I see it cheap.

Still waiting for a vintage Metroid style release for the DS mind. The fabled 'Dread' game which I'll be on like a hungry wolverine to a bacon sandwich.

bboynoe

bboynoe

Werts said

All three of them are extremely well designed, made, and each once is special for the difference in ambience. While core gameplay stays the same, the games vary drastically and each one is a different experience.

Metroid Prime 1 feels more like the older Metroid games, such as Super Metroid and Metroid II. It retains that feeling of isolation and hopelessness, with only a dead civilization to guide you. You're saving a dead planet. The enemies and bosses are primitive and savage, and of course, at the time Phazon was a new thing so it was interesting.

Metroid Prime 2 puts you in an environment that feels much more "modern". Your enemy is a doppelganger, and places like Sanctuary Fortress, like the BSL Station in Fusion, eliminate all sense of primitiveness. It's a different direction of feeling, coupled with the grimmer mood and the whole "ings killed federation trooper" things help you know better what you're fighting for. Another change in direction is obviously light-world-dark-world. It's a very different feeling from the first game - better the game evolves than repeat itself.

Metroid Prime 3's atmosphere manages to remove ALL hint of isolation, setting it apart from 1 and kind of 2, but also moving closer to both games in different directions. 3 doesn't take a step forward, but rather it takes the good elements from both games and combines them. They have the primal places like Bryyo and SF-esque places like Elysia. And at one point in the game you explore an abadoned space ship, which feels almost like an intense tribute to Super Metroid's ship. Overall, the design isn't the jump from 1 to 2, but it still feels fresh.

All three games are intense, beautiful works of art that are special in their own way. There is no way I can judge which game is better than each other. Each of their differences compliment each other to form a majestic trilogy.

completely agree. BUT I would have to say Metroid Prime 1, mainly because it felt like super metroid, which is my favorite game of all time. but dammit the remade brinstar red soil on metroid prime 2 was awesome as hell! but metroid prime 1 FTW!

----------

Bboynoe

www.youtube.com/bboynoe