You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Reccomend me a game?

Zalgroth

OMG! He gotta axe!

I prefer a game for the Wii, that isn't overly bloody, but isn't really bad. Ive overlooked Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Brawl, MK Wii, and most of the popular titles. Also, in a few weeks or so, I might be getting a new DS (My third, I have a long line of DS based failures.
1: Connections in the DS died, two weeks after the warrenty ran out.
2: Screen was whacked off by my little sister. I managed to fix it and glue it back togther. It was then stolen.).

Re: Reccomend me a game?

VoxHumana

You spoony bard!

Õkami. Go get it. Now.

Just kidding, it's not even out yet i think(being ported from PS2 to Wii), it's got a really cool, relaxed atmosphere, but isn't utterly kiddy.

Check it out on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okami

----------

Gaming atm:
WC3, FFIX, FFXII, Okami

MetalMario702

The Mario of Metal

Okami is fun, i played it in a gamestop in RI, i might go buy it, but i recomend no more heroes, metriod prime corruption, and rock band when it comes out on a few weeks =D.

likewise with the ds failures ive had 4 i gave up with them
1. fell in a puddle
2. charger diddnt work
3. lil sister got to it
4. top screen stopped working wtf? now all i can play on it is animal crossing =(

----------

Those too weak to follow their own dreams always find a way to discourage others...
Those who think that they know everything annoy those of us that do
[img:23q2yhj0]http://offbeat-zero.net/pulse/sig/thfrbiddn1.png[/img:23q2yhj0]

archard

Mario Kart Wii if you haven't already :o

----------

DANG

Biosynth

Where am I?

If you haven't already, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Arguably the best game that I've ever played.

Alone in the Dark for Wii comes out in 14 days, I'd go with that too. It looks like a very good game.

----------

Theres a signature here.

It's hiding, that's all...

Waladuz

Der Kritiker

Well, there are some Final Fantasy Spin-offs that, so far I heard, are good. Otherwise I recommend No More Heroes, but I'm not sure if it's bloody or not...

----------

"Yo, buddy...still alive?" - Larry "Pixy" Foulke

sam250

No More Heroes is bloody in the US, but not bloody in Europe or Japan. Weird that Suda 51 censored it in that way- can we not handle blood?!

Anyway, I would definatly reccomend No More Heroes. It is a little... adult, I suppose, but wacky adult, very stylish and fun, and has a great sense of humour. The free-roaming aspect is somwhat crap, but as soon as you step on a icon to do somthing, all sorts of crazy stuff happens.

But it may not be to your taste. Maybe if you find it cheap, or can give it a test run first.

I would definatly also reccomend Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Boom Blox, but it depends on your taste in games. What genre do you like?

ChupaCalvin

Lt. McMuffin

Yeah, No More Heroes is a great game but its bloody. Lego Indiana Jones Trilogy is also a good game, its really fun.

Tales of Guitarra

Okami. Buy it. Now.
Seriously :lol:

yoshistrings

ヨッシー

Man, Okami must be good. never got it though. Anyhoo, A good ds game would be sonic chronicles or kirby superstar ultra, which should be released soon. For the wii, well Maybe sonic unleashed or MAYBE sonic and the black night. I have yet to see about that one.

yoshistrings

ヨッシー

"ChupaCalvin" posted:

Yeah, No More Heroes is a great game but its bloody. Lego Indiana Jones Trilogy is also a good game, its really fun.

my brother got that game, and we beat it in under an hour and stuck it on the shelf. It was fun while it lasted, just glad it was his 50 smackers, not mine.

frosty

Master of Disaster

Chrono trigger for the DS..
FF IV for the DS too..

----------

[i:2fhd4vww]This is not a signature[/i:2fhd4vww]

JaktheStripper

Kicker of Asses

overly bloody on the wii.... come on are there even 5 titles on the system rated M?

----------

Gear: ESP LTD Eclipse 300 /w EMG H4z's, ESP AX50 with Dimebucker in bridge
Blackheart [By Crate] Tube Half Stack
Korg G3 Processor, Ibanez Smashbox, BBE stomp maximizer.

Bambi

Bambilicious

If you're into Strategy-type RPGs then you should get Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Taai

I'm Dutch, but I ain't Cheap!

Mario strikers charged
Mario Galaxy
Okami (it's out now XD)
Brawl (of course)
Mario kart wii
Fire emblem radiant of dawn
Metroid prime 3 (but its darn difficult -_-)

Wait for Pikmin 3 to come out ^_^

----------

Creativiteit is de grootste verrijking van de geest.

plainlazy

Delightfully British Scalie

sam250 said

No More Heroes is bloody in the US, but not bloody in Europe or Japan. Weird that Suda 51 censored it in that way- can we not handle blood?!

The Euro/Jap version with the bizarre little pixcels is how the game was originally supposed to play. This is SUDA 51 after all; he is a little tapped.

The reason why the American version was so bloody is because the market is a little fickle, as such, a game such as that probably wouldn't sell as well. So an awful lot of over the top blood was included just for the American release. Not that it didn't have a few gameplay issues, apparently the framerate drops and there is quite a bit of slowdown when the fighting starts to get a little hectic.

Me, I'm not fussed, it's a rather special game anyways. One of those that rarely poke their heads out through the ocean of medicority that is todays gaming market.

Anyways, that said - I should actually hazard a go at answering the question at hand, eek.

So... Okami has already been said - it is a good game, but the motion sensitivity lets it down a little when it comes to a Wolven scrap - and I instantly want to recomend that House Of The Dead games, but you said that you don't want 'em bloody so. How about an odd little game called Baroque, it's a very old school playing dungeon crawler RPG - rather difficult and very, very strange.

It's a budget title too so you can probably pick up a brand new copy for anything up to £20.

Heliographos

Matt Keith

You absolutely need to get Okami. Incredible, one of the best games ever made in my opinion. It's in the top 5, at least.

Here's a list of all the good Wii games worth investing in.

Elebits
de Blob (kinda fun)
Boom Blox (that one is good)
Twilight Princess (No blood, and it's amazing)
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wario: Shake it!
Mario Party 7

----------

"It's not rape unless you yell 'Surprise!' first."

My AIM is fatman75427

Heliographos

Matt Keith

Zalgroth said

I prefer a game for the Wii, that isn't overly bloody, but isn't really bad. Ive overlooked Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Brawl, MK Wii, and most of the popular titles. Also, in a few weeks or so, I might be getting a new DS (My third, I have a long line of DS based failures.
2: Screen was whacked off by my little sister. I managed to fix it and glue it back togther. It was then stolen.).

And don't worry, my friend has gone through not one, not five, but eight DSs.

----------

"It's not rape unless you yell 'Surprise!' first."

My AIM is fatman75427

Taai

I'm Dutch, but I ain't Cheap!

Heliographos said

You absolutely need to get Okami. Incredible, one of the best games ever made in my opinion. It's in the top 5, at least.

Here's a list of all the good Wii games worth investing in.

Elebits
de Blob (kinda fun)
Boom Blox (that one is good)
Twilight Princess (No blood, and it's amazing)
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wario: Shake it!
Mario Party 7

Blob was made and designed by some Dutch guys. Go Netherlands ^_^

Like our list although MP7 is not that good. I would only recommend it if you haven't got any of the previous games from the serie.

By the way is there some otherword for Dutch?
Dutch sounds... I don't know... cheap XD

----------

Creativiteit is de grootste verrijking van de geest.

quinnpm

GOD OF ALL GAMES

Zalgroth said

i think boom blox is hilarious and what happened to your second ds is ,im sorry, just as hilarious
im on my second one because my first one the top screen doesnt work anymore.

----------

you think you can beat me
as in in your dreams