You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Age of Empires III - -Theme

ReyFufuRulesAll

e-mail you the mp3.

FILE: 391-AoEIII.txt

Re: Age of Empires III - -Theme

Kabukibear

Happy Strumming!

This is...not so good. :?

First off if you're just going to tab the melody you should tab the actual pitches. This has the right intervals but it's in the wrong key. Second, the 10 in this tab should be a 3; I assume you're tabbing the horn part as that's where the main melody lies, not in the strings, and it goes down not up. And third, you didn't bother tabbing the whole theme, just the first 20 seconds. Also I can't tell what the heck this tab is supposed to be, is that telling me to play it all on the D string?

I don't like to be critical of other people's tabs unless they ask me to look them over, but you really need to work on this one more.

ReyFufuRulesAll

"Kabukibear" posted:

This is...not so good. :?

First off if you're just going to tab the melody you should tab the actual pitches. This has the right intervals but it's in the wrong key. Second, the 10 in this tab should be a 3; I assume you're tabbing the horn part as that's where the main melody lies, not in the strings, and it goes down not up. And third, you didn't bother tabbing the whole theme, just the first 20 seconds. Also I can't tell what the heck this tab is supposed to be, is that telling me to play it all on the D string?

I don't like to be critical of other people's tabs unless they ask me to look them over, but you really need to work on this one more.

Yes, I was tabbing the horn part, and yes, i'm saying to play it all on the D string. I'm not sure what key the actual game plays it on, but since most people won't be playing it to the actual game, this should be good. It's not all that hard of a song, and the main title just loops IIRC. I submitted it because I knew how to play it and there wasn't another version of the tab already on here.

archard

I'd have to agree with Kabuki here. I appreciate the submission and all but the quality of the tab is just really low. Same with the other tabs you submitted. Revise them, and make them appear like tabs usually do (with all 6 lines) and I'll put them up.

----------

DANG