You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

MoonDog's back! yea!!!....and looking for some advice....

MoonDoggie

haven't been on this site for quite a bit now......anyway, i just got through recording something that just popped into my head about an hour ago. but thats not the point.

the thing is: i'm amazingly sucky at coming up with or just incorporating cords in any type of song. so i thought it'd be cool to get a few ideas or tips from the regulars here on. or just give me an opinion on what i've got recorded so far. you know, "like" or "don't like". Oh! but be nice, this is the first time i've ever try recording myself. well, ya'll don't have to be nice i guess......no in fact, just give it to me straight.

http://rapidshare.com/files/88507478/cr ... ng__1.flac

oh, and dont pay any attention to that stuff in the beginning. i was just trying trying to get whatever was in my head down to my finger tips at the time and that was all that would come out. oh and yea i know, that lead part is terrible. i had a better one, (by my standards) but it was a spur of the moment type of thing so it didn't get recorded. now its gone forever...... but i'll try and see if i could do something better.

song actually beings around 20 Seconds in.

Re: MoonDog's back! yea!!!....and looking for some advice....

archard

I actually think that sounded pretty cool. Maybe you should make your chords more crisp though. You know, play them with a little more authority. Neat little tune though.

----------

DANG

MoonDoggie

ugh.....but me and chords soooo dont get along. well......its a very rough experimentation so i should get around to cleaning it up tomorrow. i never finish anything off, but i wanna see this thing through.

so the, (what? i guess you'd call it the melody?), sounds good then? i'm also thinking about dropping the thing down a whole step. not sure why though. i kinda want to give it this more "minor" feel to it, but i'm not sure dropping it will do anything.

what about the lead? it's gonna be somewhere along those lines, or i should say thats the type of "feel" i want it to have. is it too bluesy? For one, i ended up liking the lead part that comes in around 0:47. i wanna clean it up but i just gotta figure out how i did it. also, i'm thinking that maybe that part has just too much of a bluesy feel to it in contrast to the melody.

anyway, thanks for the response, and any further ones you might add, arch.

Kotex

I like it. I would say keep the lead the way it is and just add on it. It's fits the song perfectly. :D

----------

As above, so below