You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Some fag is stealing our tabs...

Kabukibear

Happy Strumming!

I found this guy a little while ago and saw that he was posting my tabs without my permission. Basically, he would just take my name off of them and post them. I confronted him, and he added my name to the tabs that were mine. I thought that was the end of it but at the time it didn't even occur to me to look to see if he had taken anyone ELSES tabs as well. Well, he did and now I'm annoyed. So far I've found Ron's and Stamen's on there but who knows who else he's ripping off. I suggest going on his profile and seeing if you see one you've tabbed and checking it out to make sure he hasn't taken yours too.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/thor ... ributions/

Re: Some fag is stealing our tabs...

ronito

Decisive Battler

Dude an initial check shows two he's stolen from me (thank goodness I don't tab popular stuff). This sucks!

archard

That's not cool. I emailed him as well as ultimate-guitar.com. I'm not letting him get away with this shit.

----------

DANG

Zero

The Red Mega Man

That sucks. I hope it gets taken care of.

Stamen47

no0bzOrG

I don't think he's claiming them to be his own (although he doesn't do much to make people think otherwise). On the few tabs of kabukibear's I downloaded, it said "tabs by 'kabukibear'" on them. Also, one of the songs is titled "Secret of Mana - Kurikinton Fox". Not that I'm taking his side, but I think all the facts should be straight if we hope to settle this without much drama/fuss.

However, with my tabs (I think he's only taken 3 - loss of me, ami, and another world), since I don't usually bother to put my name on my tabs (doh!) he hasn't bothered to give me credit as the tabber. That, coupled with the fact that he never asked our permission, is a pretty lazy and douchey thing to do. But alas, that's the internet for you.

[EDIT] Actually, if you look at the page that gives you the link to download the tab, it says at the top "tabbed by: thorn rich". What a lazy douche!

----------

Is this the end of zombie Shakespeare?

Kabukibear

Happy Strumming!

"Stamen47" posted:

I don't think he's claiming them to be his own (although he doesn't do much to make people think otherwise). On the few tabs of kabukibear's I downloaded, it said "tabs by 'kabukibear'" on them. Also, one of the songs is titled "Secret of Mana - Kurikinton Fox". Not that I'm taking his side, but I think all the facts should be straight if we hope to settle this without much drama/fuss.

However, with my tabs (I think he's only taken 3 - loss of me, ami, and another world), since I don't usually bother to put my name on my tabs (doh!) he hasn't bothered to give me credit as the tabber. That, coupled with the fact that he never asked our permission, is a pretty lazy and douchey thing to do. But alas, that's the internet for you.

Nah, I beg to differ. Like I originally said, he put my name on the tabs AFTER I confronted him about it. That's why I got pissed in the first place, I saw my tabs up there, submitted by that guy, and it was just my guitarpro file with my name erased. If it were a matter of him just taking my guitarpro files and putting them up, that's one thing, but he had TAKEN MY NAME OFF OF THEM and then put them up. My tabs always just say arranged by: justin lincoln on the left side, I don't ever write tabbed by kabukibear. He freaked out when I caught him and put my name on my tabs. He's a thief, plain and simple.

Stamen47

no0bzOrG

Oops, read over your post too fast.

I confronted him, and he added my name to the tabs that were mine.

I missed that part. I did think it was suspicious, since I'd always know you to put "Justin Lincoln" up instead of "Kabukibear"...

----------

Is this the end of zombie Shakespeare?

BDawgPHD

The Professional

What a bitch. I want to knee this guy. Anonymity sucks.

----------

[img:257ssrxf]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/PAND3MON1UM/Requests/BDawgPHD_v2.png[/img:257ssrxf]
[img:257ssrxf]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u153/cyberdemon66/knee.gif[/img:257ssrxf]

nozzie

The talkbox guy.

Sue him! My vent channel sued a guy who was harassing / stealing our art / guides and he got 4 months jail 2 years probation from touching a computer. Mostly for the stealing Guides to WoW bosses

----------

Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygon

MetalMario702

The Mario of Metal

"Stamen47" posted:

[EDIT] Actually, if you look at the page that gives you the link to download the tab, it says at the top "tabbed by: thorn rich". What a lazy douche!

that part of the page just says who submitted it not who tabbed it. but yeah he should definatley at least cite where he got them from...is there any way to ip/username ban him from the site?

----------

Those too weak to follow their own dreams always find a way to discourage others...
Those who think that they know everything annoy those of us that do
[img:23q2yhj0]http://offbeat-zero.net/pulse/sig/thfrbiddn1.png[/img:23q2yhj0]

Kotex

That's some weak ass shit man. I hope you guys get credit for your tabs. I gotta' say I'm glad I usually tab obscure stuff

----------

As above, so below

archard

So I PM'd the guy on UG.com and called him out on this.

The kid actually has the nerve to message me back "what tabs were on your web site..." like he doesn't know.

So I PM'd him a list of every tab that was stolen, along with links to the tab on both UG.com and gametabs.net.

Here's the list, let me know if I missed anyone's tab:

Chrono Cross - Another Marbule by Kabukibear
Chrono Cross - Another World by Stamen
Chrono Trigger - Ending Theme by takaf221
Final Fantasy 7 - Birth of a God by Kabukibear
Final Fantasy 7 - Descendant of Shinobi by Kabukibear
Final Fantasy 7 - Golden Saucer by Kabukibear
Final Fantasy 7 - Great Warrior by Kabukibear
Final Fantasy 8 - Ami by Stamen
Final Fantasy 8 - Don't Be Afraid by Kabukibear
Final Fantasy 9 - Aloha de Chocobo by ron
Final Fantasy 9 - Loss of Me by Stamen