You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

ronito

Decisive Battler

I don't write much stuff. But every year for my wife's birthday I write her a little study for guitar for beginners. I try to structure then like Sor or Tarrega stuff. So here they are.

Hollyanna #1

FILE: 134-hollyanna1.pdf

FILE: 135-hollyanna1.MID

Re: My works

ronito

Decisive Battler

Hollyanna #2

FILE: 137-hollyanna2.pdf

FILE: 138-hollyanna2.MID

ronito

Decisive Battler

and this year's entry

Hollyanna 3

FILE: 139-hollyanna3.pdf

FILE: 140-hollyanna3.MID

archard

So you composed these yourself? Very nice. These will help me practice my sight reading, thanks.

----------

DANG

Stamen47

no0bzOrG

I finally got around to playing through these, and I really like them a lot. I think #2 is my favorite, especially the part after the minor section. I love it when the guitar plays a high note and sustains that note while the melody plays, like in measures 29-30. I love the weird syncopation in #3, although it does make it tough to tap your foot to, I think it just requires a human touch rather than the midi to do it justice. It reminds me of something that might play in FF8, for some reason. And #1 is very nice. It's easy, but not dopey-sounding, which makes it fun to play, and the melody is really pretty. I learned in my songwriting class last semester just how hard it is to pull something out of nothing and write a song (man, my song at the end of the semester was TERRIBLE haha), so awesome job with these.

Do you have a favorite one, Ron?

----------

Is this the end of zombie Shakespeare?

ronito

Decisive Battler

Hey thanks for playing them through.

Definetly #2 is my favorite. #1 was too basic and #3 too rushed to finished. #2 really had a lot of time to grow. I really like it. Yeah, writing is very hard, especially when trying to make things easy and study-like. So that's why I only do it once a year.

wako-kun

MM tabber

Hey, nice tune^^

I really like the #2. It's kinda touching. You must have taken lots of time with this one.

But the first one is almost just another way of playing the fairys fountain theme from the LoZ series. But they are all great, good job! :mrgreen:

----------

I'm 'alternative' because everyone else is...