You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

The long awaited FF VI OCremix album is here!

Gigawowski

Bomb jumping, it gets you everywhere.

http://ocremix.org/album/46/final-fantasy-vi-balance-and-ruin

Re: The long awaited FF VI OCremix album is here!

soundsandstuff

whoa that looks incredible!

I think it will be. I just

Gigawowski

Bomb jumping, it gets you everywhere.

I think it will be. I just downloaded it last night. It's going to be my Calculus homework music.

I wonder how many remixes

musenji

I wonder how many remixes from this set I will be able to add to my favorites. I've listened to over 600 remixes...and I have about 30 favorites.

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

The first track I looked for

hslesperance

The first track I looked for was the Opera sequence. So glad that virt arranged that song. It's a Bohemian Rhapsody parody.

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

On that track now, pretty

musenji

On that track now, liking it.

Unfortunately up to this track I really like less than 5 total. I'm officially sick of dubstep now. I only want to hear it if I'm watching someone dance to it.

Meanwhile, next track: definitely glad to hear pixietricks again. Love her.

...Oh hell yea.

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

Re: The first track I looked for

BacardiBreezer

My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!

hslesperance said

The first track I looked for was the Opera sequence. So glad that virt arranged that song. It's a Bohemian Rhapsody parody.

I really liked all three parts, Jillian's voice is amazing on the last one.

Somewhat too heavy on the electronica for me but I did like a lot of the songs.

I'm halfway through and so

Ennea

humhum..

I'm halfway through and so far I don't really like it too much. The remixes itself are ok but none of them makes me think "oh wow that fits perfectly" and the dubstep remixes are just awkward.

Still only listened to 3

hslesperance

Still only listened to 3 songs so far. I tabbed out Pot Hocket's arrangement http://www.gametabs.net/final-fantasy-vi/idle-city-street-pot-hocket

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

Poooooot Hockeeeeet! I'm on

musenji

Poooooot Hockeeeeet!

I'm on disc 4, and I've liked about 8 or 9 of them so far. Most of the ones I liked were quieter. If it's got a lot of noise to it, it has to be really well balanced for me to like. (Of course "really well" is subjective.)

----------

OMG, the Returners track on

musenji

OMG, the Returners track on the bonus disc is disguuuuuusting sick. Like bassy CRACK.

...edit: make that six tracks in a row on the bonus disc that are awesome. The first four kinda suck, but it's a "four part" thing and the next six are great. The bonus disc is therefore utterly destroying the "actual" 4 disc set for awesomeness percentage.

I literally said out loud during the Terra track, "okay you have to change it up now, or it'll get real boring real fast" and the track DID.

edit 2 or 3: almost every single track on the "bonus" disc is better than its competitor in the "main" set of discs. wow. 9 out of the last 10 are fantastic imo.

----------

Just skip & delete when you

auriplane

Just skip & delete when you get to any dubstep.

Or maybe just skip to the last disc and delete the rest!

----------

Auriplane!!