You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

What did you name your guitar?

Rembrant

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I know some people who name their cars stuff like "Janet" or "Becky"

So I decided to name my guitar. Her name is "Heather"

What is your guitars name?

Re: What did you name your guitar?

archard

LOL I never even gave thought to naming my guitar man... but now that you mention it I'm going to name her Penelope.

----------

DANG

karias

i just call my 2 guitars galveston and retard.
the galveston is my les paul...and thats also its brand.
retard is my flying-v copy,the neck is messed since the people at my guitar shop cant repair right so its way out of tone from frets 10 and up...it tried readjusting the truss rod(made it better than it was but still messed up) and re adjusting my bridge(same as truss rod),so i call it retard.

----------

I AM SPARTICUS

Rick

Unusual

:P

My friend wanted me to name her Roxanne but I was like... Hell no lol

If I were to name her though, I wouldn't want it to be some random junky sounding name

----------

I opened one box of cereal only to find a totally different bag of cereal inside... such is life

nozzie

The talkbox guy.

I want to name mine Red Shirt or Crew Member 5

----------

Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygon

Rembrant

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Guys. A guitar is never an "it". Always a "she"

----------

I am working on Spiral Mountain Blues for Banjo Tooie.

insomniac

games master

i think ill name her norman

rancidfetus

Classical Metalhead

I haven't ever thought about it before, but I guess I'll name my classical Baroness Frostbite.

MetalMario702

The Mario of Metal

my guitar kinda looks like a sarah....

----------

Those too weak to follow their own dreams always find a way to discourage others...
Those who think that they know everything annoy those of us that do
[img:23q2yhj0]http://offbeat-zero.net/pulse/sig/thfrbiddn1.png[/img:23q2yhj0]

eddhead

Rock Distributor

I've always called mine "The Spirit of Uranus"....

or "Fran" for short.

----------

If you take away my violent video games, I'll kill you!! I'll kill your whole freakin' family!!!

I'm going to go with ancient names.

Maybe Aphrodite or Wealhþēow. Assuming I could type the latter.

BDawgPHD

The Professional

I probably won't really name my Les Paul anything. If I had to, I'd name it the Knee, cuz it rocks in the nastiest fashion possible, just like Captain Falcon. So logically, my guitar has to be an "it", cuz being the Knee it's too much man to be a "she", and it would be kind of gay if it was a "he".

----------

[img:257ssrxf]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/PAND3MON1UM/Requests/BDawgPHD_v2.png[/img:257ssrxf]
[img:257ssrxf]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u153/cyberdemon66/knee.gif[/img:257ssrxf]

Zeldasbiggestfan

Hey

Blondie, because it's a blonde color.

----------

What makes you think I won't cut you? - Nick(Waiting...)

Rembrant

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

"BDawgPHD" posted:

I probably won't really name my Les Paul anything. If I had to, I'd name it the Knee, cuz it rocks in the nastiest fashion possible, just like Captain Falcon. So logically, my guitar has to be an "it", cuz being the Knee it's too much man to be a "she", and it would be kind of gay if it was a "he".

Why not, Les?

----------

I am working on Spiral Mountain Blues for Banjo Tooie.

BDawgPHD

The Professional

"Rembrant" posted:

"BDawgPHD" posted:

Why not, Les?

Because unlike Captain Falcon, Les does NOT rock in the nastiest fashion possible ;)

----------

[img:257ssrxf]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/PAND3MON1UM/Requests/BDawgPHD_v2.png[/img:257ssrxf]
[img:257ssrxf]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u153/cyberdemon66/knee.gif[/img:257ssrxf]

Kotex

Hermes.

----------

As above, so below

Noanzer

Metalhead

Ibanex Gio. I call her Ibanexian.... Yeah I played too much Galaxian that day.

JakeChaos

I called my acoustic OSP Allison, while my Dean VX is called Amanda :D

BluePhoenix

give me a dollar

I have a Raimundo so I just say some random Hispanic name usually with rolling Rs.

Tom Meinderts

my dean is called deany, my ibanez is cindy :d, and my fender is called becky :D oh yeah, and my ukulele is uku :D

MetalMario702

The Mario of Metal

maybe i should call my first guitar Bear considering is a BEHRinger XD (bad pun i know)

----------

Those too weak to follow their own dreams always find a way to discourage others...
Those who think that they know everything annoy those of us that do
[img:23q2yhj0]http://offbeat-zero.net/pulse/sig/thfrbiddn1.png[/img:23q2yhj0]

Eshado

The Fountain.

I named it Edgey, ala Edgeworth from Phoenix Wright.
I did it because whenever I replace the strings, I don't cut the excess off and instead I make them stand straight up to a point. Or out to the sides sometimes.

----------

I be jammin', mon.

Noah

I named my first guitar, my Les Paul, Juliette. I named my foreign affairs guitar Natalia. (I bought a cheap acoustic I can carry around and not worry about, though I still seem to feel bad whenever anyone bumps it on something.) I named my 12 string Sylvia. My newest guitar, my Martin, I named Christine.

Christine is the only name I have given that means something to me.

Jammy XIII

Wielder of the Frop

My guitar will and always shall be Sasha....my one true friend through lifes miseries.....
okay i cant exactly play her spectacularly well but i have had her for 8 years and she has coped just as well (if not better than) me through my school years....
~snif~

oh crud ive got all emotional.....

----------

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail

A true friend will be sitting next to you saying 'Damn, we fucked up!'

L10N

I am the user, Lybaerd

"Koi Shin"

----------

I am the user, Lybaerd.

Aphrodite for my Fender and Psyche for my Ibanez.

Or at least until I can find a better example of symbolism.

Alastor

Err... I have an inofficial, undisclosed nickname for my guitar, which is about to become less undisclosed...

My guitar is a black Epiphone Les Paul Special. Yes, probably the cheapest Epiphone LP guitar you can get. Anyway, there is an Epiphone guitar with these three gold-colored humbuckers, it's called the Black Beauty because, yeah, the Black Beauty is a beauty. So anyway, since my guitar looked a little like this beauty except it wasn't as beautiful, and it was cheap, I decided to nickname my guitar something cheap, and so I went with Black Booty.

...and that's all, folks!

I love my guitar though. I dislike the strings but I'm gonna replace those soon. The LP + the 15W Marshall Amp I have make a killer team, IMO. Not sure why, but Marshalls are kind of my favorite guitar amps.

Darklink557

I never thought about it but ill name her Sharon

P.S I'm not Ozzy Ozbourne

----------

When life gives u lemons, fuckin eat them skrew lemonade!!!!!!

BluePhoenix

give me a dollar

"Darklink557" posted:

P.S I'm not Ozzy Ozbourne

just because you say so doesn't make it true

zerromus

Sapphire

kyoden

my electric is called bones and my ovation acoustic is called lucille

anandjones

RomUlator

I named mine Nugget.

----------

[img:217bn61z]http://member.square-enix.com/na/data/signature/14477.gif[/img:217bn61z]
[url=http://ubdesigner.com:217bn61z][img:217bn61z]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/395/ubd4649px4.png[/img:217bn61z][/url:217b

Maxinger

Nice thread.. She's called Grace cause shes got style.

Silfrgluggr

The Dragon

I call my squire Kat...but when i get my new ESP, her name will be Luna

Zalgroth

OMG! He gotta axe!

I've got it! I would name it...

GUITAR.

Sorry if someone already said that!

----------

Fear My Display Pic!
I am currently working on:
A flash game (Ask me about it if you want to test) Named : Blob Adventures (pics below)
[url=http://imageshack.us:36bjeip7][img:36bjeip7]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6564/blobdownqj

twinsnake12

Wow..

Creativly different..i guess. Alot of those names (no offenese, no names) look like they were just pulled out of thin air.

Im a real romantic, spiritual, symbolist kind of guy. So a name for anything of mine has to really be a "name". Which can have several definitions:

-An identity for notification, attention, etc... (pretty much a label..)

or..

-A title of importance which pertains to that object/persons own manner of life

Thats just me of course..

And while although my guitar is simply a Fender SquireStrat, it is my first, and I am attatched to it. As well as my borrowed acoustic, a Fender as well.

My green SquireStrat is Peacemaker
My uncles acoustic is Bilbo

They both create the music that defy who i am.

Waladuz

Der Kritiker

If I'd give mine a name then it would be 'Die Verstimmte'. That is German for 'the one out off tune'.

----------

"Yo, buddy...still alive?" - Larry "Pixy" Foulke

BooDoo

People

"archard" posted:

LOL I never even gave thought to naming my guitar man... but now that you mention it I'm going to name her Penelope.

That's the name I chose, too! I have a red SG-body guitar that I call Penny :)

My Strat is Buster and my other instruments are unnamed.

Sinergy

i have a jackson kelly pro series that i named "La Mamalona"(yeah im mexican)
with pretty much translates to "the awesome one" its kind of a slang word that you can also use to describe a chick that gives a lot of blowjobs... wich is awesome in its own way i guess...and i have bronze warlock that i named Ursula

peace..

SamuraiDanny

Rising Guitarist

I call my guitar Persephone, you can see a picture of her in the post a pic of your guitar forum, shes near the bottom of page 5.

----------

Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some, but other times, you get some.

atukomanga

Shiny/Glowy object collector

I'm still trying to name my guitar. I've always considered my guitars, cars, video game consoles, computers (I name a lot of things) girls, but I'm having a hard time naming this one. It's natural starburst Fender American Stratocaster, and I play mostly metal and classic rock, with occasional alt and punk, depending on my mood. Anyone got something original? I've had guitars in the past named Eva, Joan, Samantha, Josephine, Kariana, Katie, and (because the day I bought it came on the same day I bought the game) Yuffie. (and yes, I did copy most of this from my post on Is your guitar a male or a female?)

----------

ウイル ワツク フォオ アニメ クラツプ
Will Work for Anime Crap

Devandra

Dark Jesus

My first classic guitar is called "Winter" because I'm a great fan of Johnny Winter and Edgar Winter.
My acoustic bass guitar is called "Super Nachos". Why ? Because, with a friend, we scream "Super Nachos !" and together, we make an improvisation psychedelic and to finish the solo, we play the E string very loud to make something weird.

atukomanga

"Devandra" posted:

My first classic guitar is called "Winter" because I'm a great fan of Johnny Winter and Edgar Winter.
My acoustic bass guitar is called "Super Nachos". Why ? Because, with a friend, we scream "Super Nachos !" and together, we make an improvisation psychedelic and to finish the solo, we play the E string very loud to make something weird.

Super Nachos? That's epic! I can just see nachos with bacon, hot sauce, peppers, beans, tomatoes, and everyone's favorite topping...CHOCOLATE! mmmm....chocolate

----------

ウイル ワツク フォオ アニメ クラツプ
Will Work for Anime Crap

Devandra

Dark Jesus

"atukomanga" posted:

Super Nachos? That's epic! I can just see nachos with bacon, hot sauce, peppers, beans, tomatoes, and everyone's favorite topping...CHOCOLATE! mmmm....chocolate

Imagine a nachos dress like a super hero with a Flying-V !

I never eat Chocolate nachos... Should I try ?

atukomanga

"Devandra" posted:

"atukomanga" posted:

Imagine a nachos dress like a super hero with a Flying-V !

I never eat Chocolate nachos... Should I try ?

Yes...yes you should...though I forewarn you...only the true chocolate connoisseur will appreciate the fine blend of cheese and chocolate. (in other words, you may or may not like it, depending on how much you love chocolate. ^^)

----------

ウイル ワツク フォオ アニメ クラツプ
Will Work for Anime Crap

mlw08

zidzy

I would name my guitar Vanessa... 8-)

Songe Nuit

A few years ago, I named my ltd m1000 Valentine (french pronunciation, so it's more like "valenteen").

JoshuaCoope

Majestic Soldier from The Battle of Evermore

I have an SG

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqMJ795bhkc&hl=en&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqMJ795bhkc&hl=en&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PsbuyyPUEwU&hl=en&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PsbuyyPUEwU&hl=en&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

if all you see up there is gibberish and no videos go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqMJ795bhkc for me playin super mario bros and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsbuyyPUEwU to see me playin with my teeth

Yu-Sama

I called her "Farah" it means "joy" in arabic 'cause she have such a sweet sound... :D

wako-kun

MM tabber

I call my first electric <b> cause it's a fat bastard which I truly love. :D

My acoustic is Henry

And my new LTD-ax250 isn't named yet cause I don't really know her yet....

----------

I'm 'alternative' because everyone else is...

Cafitz

Trevor. He's named after Trevor McNevan from Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static.