You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Tune Contest # 44 - Festival

BigHeadClan

Due By: July 2-3, 2013 (Extensions possible If needed)

As the due date is on Canada Day the theme for this topic is Festival!

I'm looking for something that I can listen to while watching fireworks with friends, & drinking beer.You are free to take any approach to this theme you like be it really up beat or more dramatic.

I look forward to everyone submissions!

Requirements:
  • Minimum Length: ~1 minute
  • Maximum Length: INFINITE!
  • Instrumentation: Whatever you see fit!

Mmmm

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

This should be fun :-)

----------

"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you."

awesome, let's have many

soundsandstuff

awesome, let's have many entries!

Hmmm Bumping in the hope that

BigHeadClan

Hmmm Bumping in the hope that more people join, 2 isn't a contest.. it's a duel!

Re: Hmmm Bumping in the hope that

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

It can get a little quiet sometimes xD You may not hear from them until they submit their entry haha.

----------

I'll most likely join in.

Basisti94

I'll most likely join in. It's just that I don't have any ideas for festival kind of music. Guess I'm not a festive person :P

Re: I'll most likely join in.

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

I thought the same thing at first about myself. Then I sat down and started writing and so far it's turning out alright :) I'm sure you will also experience success :D

----------

Re: I'll most likely join in.

soundsandstuff

agree, you get experience points for trying out different styles and exploring new things!

Aye

BigHeadClan

90% of the reason I joined theses challenges.

Make Note

BigHeadClan

I may be extending the due date a few days as I'm going out of town, so if you need any extra time feel free to take to make use of it.

Re: Make Note

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Gotcha! Have fun! :-)

----------

my entry! march of the

nice!

BigHeadClan

I wasn't expecting a song like that, sounds fitting for causing some mischief :P

Hello

Brody

Ohh only one entry for now? Maybe I can make a entry in a short time, but I can't promise it.

I'll probably manage to

Basisti94

I'll probably manage to finish mine tomorrow too

Due date is the 3rd, so go

BigHeadClan

Due date is the 3rd, so go for it!

Harvest Festival Here's my

Basisti94

Harvest Festival
Here's my entry!

Submission!

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Well, I must admit to getting a bit lazy with my piece. That and I got frustrated a bit because of my inexperience with this type of music xD It really was a challenge. I'll have to practice more! Anyways, here it is!

Fireworks, Friends, and Beer!

Note: It may sound a bit weird at first because I have everything tuned to A=432Hz instead of A=440Hz!

----------

Re: nice!

soundsandstuff

hehe thanks! you're right it was totally made with mischief haha!

My Entry

Brody

Soo freshly back from my vacation, I thougt I make also a song for this contest: Country Festival
I think it sounds more like holiday but I don't get it to write a new one until deadline ;)
I'm glad that more entrys folowed. Dantes song reminds me on Zelda :D

Re: My Entry

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Does it really xD This is the second time Zelda has hidden in my music haha

----------

Zelda...

BigHeadClan

Hah maybe a little, I like the Zelda esc. flavor it adds though :P

In any-case I will be announcing the winner tomorrow, if anyone is still working on a song for submission today is the last day!

Results~

BigHeadClan

Alright, it's been a long 3 weeks and everyone submissions are in! This topic was more challenging than some of the previous contests so great job!

soundsandstuff - March of the festival troupes
Our first entry provided us with something unexpected & simple, a little dark and mischievous but with a bouncy touch to it. I really felt like I was a little kid again and was ready to go wild.

Basisti94 - Harvest Festival
For someone who said they weren't the festive type you sure had me thinking I was in an old castle drinking with nobility and watching jesters make fools of themselves.

DanteUruzu - Fireworks, Friends, and Beer!
Although the song feels a bit short but everything fit seamlessly and is well balanced, this is defiantly one I would have no issues drinking to.

Brody - Country Festival
The fact you just got off vacation seems to really come through in this song. I was wondering if someone would attempt a Country style and here it is, there is a lot going on but the small touches really make this unique.

Each of you have submitted something that you can be proud of and I'd love to give you all 1st, however there can be only one. The Winner of Tune Contest #44 is DanteUruzu

yes! thank you for the

soundsandstuff

yes! thank you for the comments bigheadclan, and congrats to the players and our winner Dante, some good entries!

:O

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

It is a bit short, isn't it XD It was meant to be longer but procrasination got the better of me, unfortunately. But thank you BigHeadClan and soundsandstuff. And congratulations to everyone! To be honest, I was actually hoping that I wouldn't win this one XD

----------

Hah

BigHeadClan

Hah you have hosted a few!

I almost passed it to 2nd place because it was so close, it kind of felt like I would cheat you out of the win though. But don't worry I'll beat you in the contest after this one :)

Re: Hah

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Challenge accepted! :-)

I suppose I'll wait a day or two to post the next contest. Or Three. hahaha. I'm gonna try to make this one a challenging one! Time for some experimenting~

----------

Re: Results~

Basisti94

Thanks. I'm glad I was able to capture the mood :D

Great job everyone ;)

Brody

Great job everyone ;)