You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Rohan Fingerstyle Arrangement

Bhael

So I made another arrangement.. I'm not going to upload the tab here, as unlike my Game of Thrones tab I don't think it's in the spirit of the site. So I'll share it here!

The tab

Hope you like it!

You WOULD record your video

musenji

You WOULD record your video in the backyard of Edoras.

...Okay I just played the tab. Very playable! Very enjoyable! Guys! Try this!

!

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

Thanks dude!

Bhael

Thanks dude!

Cool tab! Looking forward to

Choogly

Cool tab! Looking forward to the other upcoming arrangements

There are plenty coming!

Bhael

There are plenty coming! Including, dare I say, the BGII Romance theme..

Re: There are plenty coming!

Choogly

You seriously have no idea how much I freak out when I think about that tab. Got an ETA? I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT AAAA

Hah, the good thing about

Bhael

Hah, the good thing about making arrangements at such a lethargic rate is that when I finally get round to them I've got considerably better at arranging. The approach I'm taking with this arrangement I wouldn't have considered a few months ago, at least not in standard tuning. It's still in phase 1 atm, but I'll definitely have it done within the month.

Hm, hope it isn't TOO hard.

Choogly

Hm, hope it isn't TOO hard. Then again, this would be a nice song to sink my teeth into. I'd be motivated, for sure. I'll hope for it this month then, though as I've said previously, I think of Bhael time being roughly equivalent to Valve time. Things are done when they're done.

I thought you would wait

Ennea

humhum..

I thought you would wait until the BG2 enhanced edition release :D

But I love the new rohan arrangement, pretty cool to see the improvements over the first one couple yeas ago. Will you revise "let it be" as well ?
____

Difficulty shouldn't be an issue imo, most of the time the resulting sound justifies it anyway. In Bhael we trust!

Bhaeltime definitely moves at

Bhael

Bhaeltime definitely moves at a slower rate, but I'm getting better in it's estimation. The arrangement probably won't be one of those you can casually play from the tab - it has some fairly complex maneuvers that you'll be better off playing from memory, the best way!

I have no idea when BG2EE will be released, I won't be surprised if I've remade the main theme by that time. Let it be haha. May it be could definitely be rearranged to good effect, but compared to my other old lotr arrangements it's not bad as it is. I will probably redo Evenstar first. Right now though I'm recording The Prophecy.

Oppa Rohan stahl! Op, op, op,

musenji

Oppa Rohan stahl!

Op, op, op, op...oppa rohan stahl!

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

I wish!!

Bhael

I wish!!