You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

HBO's The Wire

archard

Are there any fans of this show here? I was telling Kabukibear last night that I think this is the best show on TV hands down. The storyline is deep, almost to the point where it feels like you're reading a novel rather than watching a TV show. Here's a synopsis since I'm lazy and it's hard to describe the epicness of this show.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0306414/plotsummary

Set in Baltimore, this show centers around the city's inner-city drug scene. It starts as mid-level drug dealer, D'Angelo Barksdale beats a murder rap. After a conversation with a judge, Det. James McNulty has been assigned to lead a joint homicide and narcotics team, in order to bring down drug kingpin Avon Barksdale. Avon Barksdale, accompanied by his right-hand man Stringer Bell, enforcer Wee-Bey and many lieutenants (including his own nephew, D'Angelo Barksdale), has to deal with law enforcement, informants in his own camp, and competition with a local rival, Omar, who's been robbing Barksdale's dealers and reselling the drugs. The supervisor of the investigation, Lt. Cedric Daniels, has to deal with his own problems, such as a corrupt bureaucracy, some of his detectives beating suspects, hard-headed but determined Det. McNulty, and a blackmailing deputy. The show depicts the lives of every part of the drug "food chain", from junkies to dealers, and from cops to politicians.

And some YouTube videos of course. ***WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT***

The show utilizes an

delorishathaway

The show utilizes an extensive variety of characters yet they're just apparatuses inside the greater story, which is the rotting Baltimore. There is no children's story endings for anybody, nobody says anything that feels scripted. The show even uses real ex-addicts and ex-lawbreakers to assume certain parts. There's a story Andre Royo, the on-screen character who assumes the part of Bubbles, an addict, likes to share. He once went to an HBO party where he saw Mark Wahlberg coming up to him. Wahlberg says something along the lines of 'You're completing an awesome activity on the show. This is a great job. You should utilize it to get a move down throughout everyday life and push ahead'. Royo made it clear to him that he was a theater performing artist who's been representing a couple of years now. Wahlberg simply sponsored off. In any case, it says a great deal in regards to how individuals see this show. Refer my website to get more information.

sadas

hnnanan

You Inner Passion in Your Heart.Everyone -every person in this world has a Dream: a passion, a vision in
their life that pulls them and urges them to move forward in life. You, my friend have this vision within
you, it "whispers" to you occasionally, but in some cases it cries out. It cries out to be listened to and
acted upon because this vision comes from your soul.Find your inner fire, your sense of purpose; this fire
will help you harness strengths you're not even aware you have. Sydney trucks Be connected with your inner passions -
your Life's Dreams, and live that passion every day.