You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Any graphic artists here? ($$$)

archard

I know some of you have got to be adept in the graphic arts. Unfortunately I am not the slightest bit. But I need some work done soon, so I was hoping one of my members can help me out as it relates to this site. This is a paying job ($$$).

Re: Any graphic artists here? ($$$)

Rick

Unusual

I'm taking classes in Photoshop at the moment... not GREAT at it, but I can do some basic ideas

If you mean stuff like 3-D Modeling... I haven't touched it yet - although I do have Maya 8.0 and some training vids

Seeing as how you're offering cash - I think you need it for something important... If its 3-D modeling

Don't ask me lol

But if you need something Photoshopped I MAY be able to help

----------

I opened one box of cereal only to find a totally different bag of cereal inside... such is life

archard

It's just photoshop work. I want to spruce up the header a little bit, and possibly get a whole new logo. Because as cgseth said, it's not very distinctive like that last one. I'm looking for someone with a lot of experience to do this... though you may be really good I dunno. Can you post some of your work?

----------

DANG

Hey there, Richard. Long time lurker, first time poster. Absolutely love the site, great collection of tabs, and I adore the simple/to-the-point layout. Especially by comparison with the other tab websites out there, it's a work of scholarly genius. No pop-ups, either (a bonus!)

Anyway, I saw your call-out on the sidebar and thought I'd throw my hat into the ring: I've done a fair bit of graphic design in the past, plus a few web-commerce projects, and I've got part of my portfolio up http://www.flickr.com/photos/coyotejack/sets/72157600106099070/, if you wanted to have a look. It's mostly Photoshop/GIMP/Inkscape work, but I'm also a keen amateur photographer. Cheers, anyway!

Rick

Unusual

This is an assignment given to us at school where we had to create a text that looked like it was frozen or possibly snowing etc.

-One of my first actual projects

This one is a bit later in the semester, we had to take 5 pictures - (a sunset beach, a forest, leaf and bubbles, a girl's face and a butterfly) - and make it into one picture

I made one wing the sunset beach, one wing the forest, and placed the girls eyes on the wings while making the leaf bubbles the body Sorry it came out so small, I didn't want to blow it up where you couldn't tell what anything was lol

Some of my other work are at school, this is all I could get right here right now

Since we have Monday off and I'm not sure if I'll make it to school on Tuesday - I might be able to get you more on Wednesday

If you want someone else to do it, that's cool - I'm just starting out with the whole photoshop thing - it's my first semester with it

But I wouldn't charge - all I ask for is community service hours lol (I need 10 hours to graduate)

----------

I opened one box of cereal only to find a totally different bag of cereal inside... such is life

Rick

Unusual

Super Sized it

----------

Rick

Unusual

Or Even if you want - you can just give me an idea of what you're looking for and I'll see if I can build it

If you don't like my designs - just chuck them

It'll be good practice for me - inexpensive for you - and you can get some diversity in the deal

----------

archard

"MartinK" posted:

Hey there, Richard. Long time lurker, first time poster. Absolutely love the site, great collection of tabs, and I adore the simple/to-the-point layout. Especially by comparison with the other tab websites out there, it's a work of scholarly genius. No pop-ups, either (a bonus!)

Anyway, I saw your call-out on the sidebar and thought I'd throw my hat into the ring: I've done a fair bit of graphic design in the past, plus a few web-commerce projects, and I've got part of my portfolio up http://www.flickr.com/photos/coyotejack/sets/72157600106099070/, if you wanted to have a look. It's mostly Photoshop/GIMP/Inkscape work, but I'm also a keen amateur photographer. Cheers, anyway!

Thank you, I really appreciate the compliments.

You look like the man for the job. I was hoping to get someone with some professional experience as well as someone who is a fan of this site to help me out with this, and you seem to be just that :D Essentially what I want to do is spruce up the whole header area. I'd like to get some kind of cool design going up there, rather than just the boring text links with no background. It seems like a lot of space up there that isn't being used.

Anyway, I will decided exactly what I want, and I'll PM you all the details. Thanks! 8-)

*Rick - thanks but I'd rather get someone to do this with professional experience.

----------

DANG

Sounds like a plan! I'll keep an eager eye out for the PM.

Rick

Unusual

lol ok - I'ma be working on this kind of thing for awhile - so later on, if there's anything. let me know

----------

yoshistrings

ヨッシー

If it's just Photoshop, I'm your guy. I've been working on this kind of stuff for quite a while now. :D

are you talking about

Kafenimapaw_Tailgail

are you talking about graffiti arts?

----------

melon

Re: are you talking about

archard

Kafenimapaw_Tailgail said

are you talking about graffiti arts?

I am not talking graffiti arts.

----------

DANG

a

Arteriorrhexis

Bigot

Intense bump

Re: a

auriplane

Arteriorrhexis said

Intense bump

That's how Gametabs rolls

----------

Auriplane!!

I never saw this topic way

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

I never saw this topic way back when... Did anything ever come out of it Archard? Or is anything currently transpiring?