You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Should I buy it or not?

BlackFox

The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears. The thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!

So one of my friend is offering me a Squier Bullet guitar (with a "CRATE" amplifier , a bag and a strap for somewhere around 100$), and a "Line 6 Floor Pod Plus" guitar pedal (somewhere around 120$).
Do you think its a good offer? I read on several websites about the guitar some negative comments, but also some positive ones. Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I am not very good with english. Will post pictures later.

idk, cheapest electric guitar

Giogiogio4

For all the dreamers: Our planet's dream is not over yet...

idk, cheapest electric guitar I ever bought was a Dean Vendetta. Was one of my favorite guitars

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/dean-vendetta-xm-electric-guitar

----------

My Art for sale! : Here

Latest Recording:Man of the World

Well, it's probably not a

auriplane

Well, it's probably not a very good guitar, but if you like it and want to buy it, then why not?

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: Well, it's probably not a

yashakenkyaku

auriplane said

Well, it's probably not a very good guitar, but if you like it and want to buy it, then why not?

Agreed; just make sure its comfortable to you. o.0

No one can say generally

Brody

No one can say generally what guitar is good for everybody. You have to agree with the tone, the Style and the fingerboard. If you are a beginner I realy recommend a cheap guitar. Then you can see if you realy want to play and make your own experiences with guitars. If you allready have a guitar and want to have a better one just try a few in shops or so and see that you can agree with it and its price.

Here is the amplifier: The

BlackFox

The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears. The thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!

Here is the amplifier:
IMG_20130507_204032.jpg

The guitar:
IMG_20130507_203838.jpg

The guitar´s head (just in case):
IMG_20130507_203912.jpg

And of course, the pedal:
IMG_20130507_204125.jpg

So, tell me about the pedal, is it good or bad? I already have a "Zoom 505 II" guitar pedal, is this one better?

----------

Im not afraid of darkness. Im not afraid of death. Im not even afraid of those monsters. The only thing that I fear is, being all alone...

Use google, look up reviews.

musenji

Use google, look up reviews. I (and probably most people here) know exactly as much as you do about that pedal, which is nothing, and the only way I'll find out more is by looking it up. So basically, you're trying to get us to look it up for you.

Just look it up! Learn things about pedals! Make a decision on your own! You can always sell the pedal if you don't like it, same with the other stuff. :-)

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

I own a few Crate amps and

ChelseaRare

I own a few Crate amps and I'd say they're better than average for what they're worth. I can't say I know anything the XT line though. I imagine that the one in the picture would probably be good for a practice amp, assuming it's been taken care of well. It's really up to you to test out the amp and decide whether you like the tone it produces or not/if it's worth it or not.

----------

(.?!)

Rareware, I finally realized

musenji

Rareware, I finally realized what that ship reminds me of. When I was a kid, one of my friends had a version of Monopoly that had gold pieces, and one of them was a ship.

Aaaaand I looked up Monopoly ship, and your pic was the first one that came up. Go figure.

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

:D That's the first amp I

yashakenkyaku

:D That's the first amp I ever got. I loved playing around with it. I'm not sure on the pedal, but I had a Squier Strat as well. They made beautiful cacophonies together. ^_^

Yeah, my friends decided to

ChelseaRare

Yeah, my friends decided to nickname me "The Boat" after playing Monopoly one night. Clearly I chose that piece. lulz.

----------

(.?!)

You can always sell the

Yogurt

You can always sell the guitar and/or amp when you've grown out of it, you're actually paying very little overall for what practice/enjoyment you're getting on that.