You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Tune Contest #42 - Horror House

Brody

So guys, here I am with my 1st tune contest.
The Theme is "Horror House". Let me hear some creepy/spooky themes that could be played in Horror szenes/houses/castles.
The song should go at least 1 minute and it have to be an original.
I think I give you time until May, 15. If this time is to short, let me know and we add a week or so.
Have fun and post some creepy songs :)

Hm, I've never really

Aleph

Hm, I've never really composed anything before, but I'd like to try. What program does everyone use to do this sort of thing? I suppose I could try on real instruments but I don't really want to do just guitar, and I'm not very good at viola. :|

----------

Radio. What's goin' on with that radio?

Re: Hm, I've never really

Jacob31593

you could use guitar pro to make it
if you dont have gpro then tuxguitar is a free alternative

Re: Hm, I've never really

Brody

Just try it. The thing is not to win, it's more the fun of making something and share it with others ;)
Like Jacob said you can use GuitarPro/Tuxguitar for making an arrangement without recording instruments. When I record instruments, I use Mixcraft. For me it have the best opportunities for it's money :). But I think also for that there are free alternatives (I think theres a free version of a magix music maker).

Interesting

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

This should be an interesting challenge. I've tried to stay away from making horror-type music because I feel like I can't do it. Time to give it a try!

----------

"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you."

Yeah

Brody

Yeah, give it a try! I realy hope, we get some interesting songs in this contest :)

Suspension Here's my entry.

Basisti94

Suspension
Here's my entry. It's bit slow and ambient one.

Hmmm

BigHeadClan

Well this was sitting in my pile of stuff I wrote so I figured I would submit it, really wanted to do something more with the horns though :(

Emissary Of Darkness V2

Submission

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Here goes nothing!

Black Shadow

----------

Touche Dante... Touche

BigHeadClan

Touche Dante... Touche

fellows! here's

soundsandstuff

fellows! here's mine;

watching you sleep at tonight

Re: fellows! here's

Brody

lol the voice sounds like a pig at 1:03.
(Just a joke, it sounds good to the sound :D )

Re: fellows! here's

soundsandstuff

haha, it does! oink!

I think I'm gonna try and

BigHeadClan

I think I'm gonna try and rework my tunes if time provides, working 55+ hours a week blows :(

Re: I think I'm gonna try and

Brody

Feel free to edit it, I download all songs at the end of the contest new and deside who is the winner.
I don't know what you work, but 55+ hours is realy hard. I work 40 hours and think this is realy enough for me ;)

I'm a Information and

BigHeadClan

I'm a Information and Computer Systems Consultant primarily for Oil and gas companies in my city, and working 55+ hours is pretty easy. 1 hour early + 1 hour later and a 15 minute break for lunch and you pretty much have 11 hour days.

Work aside definitely gonna try and make time for a version 2!

And here it is

BigHeadClan

Won't really have time to play with it anymore before the deadline but much prefer it over the first version.

Emissary Of Darkness V2

is anyone still working

Brody

So, is anyone still working on a song? If not, I will finish this contest tomorow.

Re: is anyone still working

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

All done here!

BigHeadClan, awesome job on your Emissary Of Darkness V2! :D

----------

^^^ Ditto that, I'm happy

BigHeadClan

^^^ Ditto that, I'm happy with my entry.

Thanks Dante!

And the winner is...

Brody

So guys, the contest is over and it's realy hard to pick the winner. You all did a great job! Everyone has hit the topic, but I only can choose one of you. Here're the summary:
Basisti - Suspension -> This is a good one, I can realy imagine this one as a Theme in a SNES Horror game.
BigHeadClan - Emissary Of Darkness V2 -> That's a creepy one! Everything fits well. :)
Dante - Black Shadow -> I like the creepy sounds that are appearing through the song. They're producing a realy dark atmosphere.
Soundsandstuff - Watching you sleep tonight -> That realy reminds of a nightmare. I like the voice in this, especially at 1:03 :D

And the creepiest one of this contest is ... Dante Uruzu, congrats!
I looking forward to see more great songs of everyone from here :)

Thanks!

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

I'm glad you liked it, Brody :D And you picked a great theme for a contest. :)

:) Congratulations everyone!

Basisti94 and BigHeadClan, would either of you like to do the next contest? I've checked and it seems that you've never hosted one and I have, so I figured I'd pass the next one on to one of you.

----------

Hah you deserve the win

BigHeadClan

Hah you deserve the win Dante, I was re-listening to all the entry's and I got off the train and walked onto a metal grate just as yours started playing and freaked myself out. XD

Hmm maybe I'd prefer to try a few more entry's before hosting a contest, sounds interesting though!

Thanks but no thanks Dante.

Basisti94

Thanks but no thanks Dante. You deserved a win and I'd prefer host it once I manage to earn this honour myself :P

Alrighty!

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

BigHeadClan: Alrighty! hahaha talk about perfect timing ;)
Basisti94: Okies :)

I'll start coming up with a theme for the next contest. I look forward to you guys' entry :D

----------

I could give on of you the silvermedal

Brody

I could give on of you the silvermedal, if Dante won't do the next contest ;) It's realy nice from you dante, to let a new one make the new contest. Maybe you three find a good solution :)

My solution is to go for the

BigHeadClan

My solution is to go for the win on the next contest :P