You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Tune Contest #41 - Race / Chase Theme

hslesperance

Race / Chase Theme

Write something to get my heart thumping.

Can be any type of race; racecars, footrace, ...snails

Or a chase theme, maybe someone getting chased by a gaurd or a monster.

At least 1 minute, any file format and tell us your theme scenario.

Not-included but fact: do a

Hakoria

Laon King

Not-included but fact: do a theme about monkeys chasing humans, or monkeys racing each other on bananamobiles, and get instant approval from hsl.

Oh wait, that'll ruin the competition >:

(No subject)

Giogiogio4

For all the dreamers: Our planet's dream is not over yet...

----------

My Art for sale! : Here

Latest Recording:Man of the World

Racing Cyber Monkeys

Brody

It's the Year 2013, where cyber monkeys are racing against each other on cyber-snail-cars.
And here's the soundtrack of that:

rasing cyber monkeys

One more day. Is anyone still

hslesperance

One more day. Is anyone still working or want an extension?

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

have yet to decide if im

tiger child

have yet to decide if im going to do a track! :|

----------

this music is my greatest accomplishment
-brick road

im still working, will try to

Jacob31593

im still working, will try to finish when i get back from work

Almost done!

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

I'm still working as well. I should hopefully be done today. :D

----------

"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you."

i am also making one! i

soundsandstuff

i am also making one! i finish later today i hope

Bunch of procrastinators.I'm

hslesperance

Bunch of procrastinators.

I'm gonna go start my week long homework project that's due tomorrow...

----------

i've been trying to break my

soundsandstuff

i've been trying to break my habit of procrastinating, but i keep putting it off!

here's mine

Racing through the stars

its for a racing level where you and the person you have a crush on get on karts and join a race, on a track that is on the rings of saturn, and it has many colors, with the background as a calm midnight galaxy sky filled with stars. and while you're racing you think of your crush and how you want to hold hands at the finish line, and during the race consider pegging them with a red shell to get their attention

it loops but the part where it finishes before looping is at least 1 minute long i swear!!

Submission

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Ok! Here is mine. A few quick things: I consider this a... late alpha/early better (for lack of a better description XD) version of this piece. There's so much more that I want to do. I'll more than likely finish it up in the near future. For now, I'm done working on it haha. It's about 1:10 secs, but that's because it loops. Without the loop it's about... 47 secs. I was going to do some more with this, but it would have taken quite a few more days (I'm a slow worker XD mainly due to procrastination...getting better!). But as i said, I do plan on continuing this piece. Maybe once it's REALLY finished I'll post it on the thread where everyone shares their music here :D. I didn't really do any mixing, mainly because that would have taken more time. I actually started to, but it was taking so much time cuz I was doing other things alongside that, so I just decided to stick with the "raw" version, if you will. I did a little basic panning and that's it. Oh, and of course added some reverb. Anyway, this is already long! Enjoy the piece!

Description:

For many years Takahiro's city has lived in safety from the human giants, thanks to the Great Wall that surrounds their city. But one day that changes in the blink of an eye. Out of thin air appears a giant that is much taller than the Great Wall. It is nearly completely skinless and its mouth is extremely large. With its colossal body it breaks a large hole in the Great Wall and hundreds of other smaller giants begin to pour through and into the city. One of the giants spots Takahiro and his sister and smiles an evil smile. Together they take off running for safety but the giant is fast despite his large size. Will they make it or will they be eaten alive?

DanteUruzu - The Giants Are Coming

----------

Re: Submission

worldeditor11

DanteUruzu said

For many years Takahiro's city has lived in safety from the human giants, thanks to the Great Wall that surrounds their city. But one day that changes in the blink of an eye. Out of thin air appears a giant that is much taller than the Great Wall. It is nearly completely skinless and its mouth is extremely large. With its colossal body it breaks a large hole in the Great Wall and hundreds of other smaller giants begin to pour through and into the city. One of the giants spots Takahiro and his sister and smiles an evil smile. Together they take off running for safety but the giant is fast despite his large size. Will they make it or will they be eaten alive?

DanteUruzu - The Giants Are Coming

Cough* Shingeki no Kyojin Cough*

Re: Submission

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

With two or three changes lol ;). That's a great anime. I'm literally terrified of the giants. Surprised I haven't had a nightmare...

----------

Giants eat humans like beef

worldeditor11

Giants eat humans like beef jerky. Tasty.

You will probably get nightmares possibly after watching a few episodes that will be released.

On a side note, i really can imagine the intensity of your music though. Keep up the good work.

Haha I'm sure they/we do

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Haha I'm sure they/we do taste like beef jerky to them hahaha XD

I don't know what I will do if I get nightmares. I will eventually 'cause I'm going to make sure I watch the whole series. Once all the episodes air I am going to watch them all over again in one night. Every week. lol!

Thank you for the compliment! :-)

----------

Re: Haha I'm sure they/we do

worldeditor11

DanteUruzu said

I don't know what I will do if I get nightmares. I will eventually 'cause I'm going to make sure I watch the whole series. Once all the episodes air I am going to watch them all over again in one night. Every week. lol!

Otaku spotted.

Anyway i put this anime on hold since i find/suspect that the television version contain some cut scenes like the chomping up of mommy in the first episode which they didnt show but instead a rain/splatter of blood if i remember correctly. So, until they release blu-ray then i will watch it.

Re: Haha I'm sure they/we do

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

I wouldn't put it past them to cut some scenes out for the television version. I want to see EVERYTHING hahaha. I remember watching Golden Age Arc I and II and enjoying all of the blood and other gory stuff. Anyway, I've yet to read the manga for Shingeki no Kyojin but I will. Probably get started this weekend.

----------

Theres more gore, blood and

worldeditor11

Theres more gore, blood and guts in the manga but not as much as GANTZ.

dang dante that was pretty

Jacob31593

dang dante that was pretty awesome!

at first i was going for the whole f zero x race kind of tune, but then i decided that since a lot of the tunes i make sound kind of over the top that i should do something different
so i started over and went for an inhabited maze sort of thing
whats it inhabited by? i dont know, things that chase! im going to sleep now
http://www.gametabs.net/files/user/Jacob31593/Corners.mid

Re: dang dante that was pretty

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Thanks mate :)

I like your song :) I could imagine both being chased and racing haha :D It fits both well :D

----------

Tiger Child, you are probably

hslesperance

Tiger Child, you are probably busy writing others songs so I'm going to judge them now.

Brody - Awesome. That's the kind of high-octane song I was looking for.

soundsandstuff - Funky bassline. The description makes me think of Mario Kart Love Song.

DanteUruzu - Really well written! But for some reason I feel like it's missing something to give it a better sense of urgency. Looking forward to the full version.

Jacob - Cool use of harmonics, kinda weird.

So I'll go with Brody's. Congrats

----------

Weeeee! :P

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Congratulations Brody!! Good job to everyone! :-)

----------

Re: i've been trying to break my

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

soundsandstuff said

i've been trying to break my habit of procrastinating, but i keep putting it off!

here's mine

Racing through the stars

its for a racing level where you and the person you have a crush on get on karts and join a race, on a track that is on the rings of saturn, and it has many colors, with the background as a calm midnight galaxy sky filled with stars. and while you're racing you think of your crush and how you want to hold hands at the finish line, and during the race consider pegging them with a red shell to get their attention

it loops but the part where it finishes before looping is at least 1 minute long i swear!!

I can't stop listening to this! I REALLY love measures 17-25. So awesome!

----------

Yeay

Brody

Yeay thanks and congrats also to the other great songs that where posted :)
I realy like your verions.

Re: Yeay

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

:-)

As is the tradition, the next Tune Contest is yours to make :D Have fun!

----------

Ahh nice

Brody

Ahh nice, I didn't know that the winner chooses the new contest :D
I think about it and will submit the new contest soon.

ahhh! great job everyone and

soundsandstuff

ahhh! great job everyone and congrats brody! and thanks dante glad you liked it!!

Bah! I had an awesome song

Giogiogio4

For all the dreamers: Our planet's dream is not over yet...

Bah! I had an awesome song too, been saving it for the last 7 years haha. I forgot, Got carried away doing some artwork, and my next cover and got 2 jobs at the same time..

Hates being busy.

----------

My Art for sale! : Here

Latest Recording:Man of the World