You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

The Movies Worth watching thread.

nozzie

The talkbox guy.

Alright i think the name is self-explanatory, just post the movies' name.

Ill start by saying 30 Days of night, great movie that puts a twist to vampires, lots of gore for the blood thirsty viewers :D. Check it out its worth a watch

Re: The Movies Worth watching thread.

SamBeckett94

I'd recommend The Naked Gun. A very funny film starring Leslie Nielsen and George Kennedy. I have to say, I preferred Alan North as Frank's boss in the Police Squad series, though.

archard

Hmm let's see. Two I've seen recently that I enjoyed are Pulp Fiction and The Shawshank Redemption.

----------

DANG

I've recently seen Pan's Labyrinth, and it was quite good. Although I had expected more fantasy/gore and less WWII, I can't say I didn't like it.

Oh, and also make sure to see Clerks, Clerks 2, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and all the other Jay/Silent Bob/Dante/Randall-movies.

EeinX

Requiem for a Dream. :D Die.
Jared Leto from 30 seconds to mars is in this one. Before he was popular.

archard

Has anyone seen American Gangster? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

----------

DANG

eddhead

Rock Distributor

(haven't seen American Gangster)

I would say ALL of the George Romero movies NEED to be in your movie-library if they aren't already (e.g. Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day ot Dead, Land ot Dead... my four favorite movies EVER!!). Except MAYBE Land of the Dead, because it kinda leaves the whole idea of the first three... still worth seeing though.

----------

If you take away my violent video games, I'll kill you!! I'll kill your whole freakin' family!!!

rancidfetus

Classical Metalhead

American Psycho. The movie is an excellent adaptation of Bret Easton Ellis's novel, and I recommend it to no end. Plus, Christian Bale plays the main role. Everyone I know who's seen it knows how great it is, and none of us can stop quoting it. "Hey Paul! TRY GETTING RESERVATIONS AT DORSIA NOW! YOU STUPID FUCKING BASTARD! YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" "I need to return some tapes."

Rembrant

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Donnie Darko.

I'm not some fag who likes it because of it's dark theme. I like this movie because of its awesome plot, it's twists, and it awesome theory on time travel.

----------

I am working on Spiral Mountain Blues for Banjo Tooie.

Stamen47

no0bzOrG

"Rembrant" posted:

Donnie Darko.

Here here!

I must say that Fight Club is an awesome movie, and not because it has fighting. It's just an all around awesome movie.

A movie I saw recently that I really loved (partly because I love the southwest and moody accordian music) was Off the Map.

----------

Is this the end of zombie Shakespeare?

Zero

The Red Mega Man

Anybody ever see Mouse Hunt? Very funny movie!

Jammy XIII

Wielder of the Frop

Mouse hunt is a legendary film...havent seen it in like 5 years mind, but still...
two excellent films to see are House of flying Daggers and Crouching Tiger hidden Dragon...love em...

another outstandingly brilliant film is Dogma it is so god dam funny!
it also has Jay and Silent Bob :P

----------

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail

A true friend will be sitting next to you saying 'Damn, we fucked up!'