You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Musenji's weekly recordings

musenji

Firstly, this project was inspired by Lemoncobbler who has been posting one recording per week for a while now! Good stuff, too!

I'm starting a topic rather than posting recordings in the recordings section, because often my "one per week" will not be game-related.

I won't hold myself to posting "complete" or "ready to really perform" pieces--some will be works in progress--but I will try to make every week something relatively presentable, even if it is only part of a piece.

So here is my first submission, the opening to Kabukibear's Golden Saucer theme:

I will try very hard to get the *whole* thing clean and up to speed, but in the meanwhile I will probably be recording little classical etudes and such. We'll see!

...And maybe in the future I'll include my friggin hands in the video...

Re: Musenji's weekly recordings

Lemoncobbler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

musenji said

...And maybe in the future I'll include my friggin hands in the video...

I want to see your right hand musenji
don't hide it from me
I will be avidly lurking this thread, good job with that one, now memorize the rest and record it all.

you heard the man

Jacob31593

you heard the man

Alright, here is my second

musenji

Alright, here is my second submission. It looks like I stuck with the Golden Saucer after all. :p On appearances it's still a bit rough in spots, and needs polishing in others. But it feels good to record it at a good pace so that I can go back to practicing it slowly and really get it in my bones, so that I can interpret it freely.

Any thoughts are welcome!

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

u had that smirk on your face

jit

u had that smirk on your face thinking "hell yeah, it's a green light for youtube" at the end of the video lol

nicely played, looking forward to more weekly wonders

Thanks! As for the smirk, it

musenji

Thanks!

As for the smirk, it was a self-conquering smirk because for the last few takes I was thinking "screw you, left hand and brain, we're going to get a take that's good enough for now", regardless of the fact that my focus had peaked like an hour previously and I was starting to consistently make stupid mistakes.

I actually have the video set to "unlisted" on youtube, cause I know I'll do another recording of it to post publicly. :p

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

solid recording bro. that

Lemoncobbler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

solid recording bro. that part after about 30 seconds is fucking tricky! good on ya.
I know what you mean by the "youtube smirk" haha.
keep em coming

It also looks like you are

karathrow

It also looks like you are fist pumping off screen at the end haha. Good job Moose.

10/10

BigHeadClan

10/10

Awesome. It's the cleanest

Parhelion

Awesome. It's the cleanest version I've heard. I wish you would record on a good mic though.

----------

Friend of the pag.

I'm looking at microphone

musenji

I'm looking at microphone options now. It may be a bit before I take the dive, but right now I'm leaning very strongly toward the Blue Yeti. I also have looked at the Blue Snowball, and the Shure SM57. I've heard that Lemon uses the Snowball?

Man. Tonight is the first night I've ever really shopped around for microphones.

----------

...Okay, have another

musenji

...Okay, have a recording that actually isn't game related. This is the intro to an etude by Fernando Sor, Opus 6, number 6.

(I'm accelerating by accident, probably because the actual tempo is much faster.)

Thoughts on webcam lag? Do I need a new cam? A new video card/computer? Better software?

----------