You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Tune Contest #39 - Tranquillity

kenor

The Cardsharp

Hey everyone, TC#39 theme is Tranquillity, whatever your interpretation of that word is.

Rules: original piece, 30 seconds+, any style etc.
Deadline: 3/17/2013

Sweet, something new! :P

Giogiogio4

For all the dreamers: Our planet's dream is not over yet...

Sweet, something new! :P

----------

My Art for sale! : Here

Latest Recording:Man of the World

Interesting!

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Ah, this should be interesting :D

----------

"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you."

Sorry

Brody

Sorry for the question, but I'm new here and don't know the rules ;)
Did I have understand it right? I record a song on my own, that I associate with tranquility and it have to go longer than 30 Seconds and upload/post it then here?

Basically. You can record it

jit

Basically. You can record it with real instruments or use an electronic program such as Guitar Pro as long as it's an original composition. There's an internal upload feature by using My Account->My Profile->File Browser->Upload

I'm ready

Brody

So I hope I've done it right, here's my song: http://www.gametabs.net/files/user/Brody/Tranquility.mp3

Re: I'm ready

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Dude that is so awesome!! :D

----------

Basisti94

That sounds really good. May I ask what program(s) did you use in it?

Brody

Thanks a lot :) I use as audio software (DAW) Acoustica Mixcraft 6. For the guitar I use guitar rig 5 and some vst plugins for the synths (the most are suplied with Mixcraft). As guitars I have an Ibanez grg270, an Ibanez aw 240 and a noname Keyboard with 49 Keys (if you wanted to know ;) )

you're pretty damn good

Jacob31593

you're pretty damn good

Re: you're pretty damn good

Brody

Deadline

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

Any word on the deadline?

----------

Re: Deadline

kenor

The Cardsharp

Let's say till the next wednesday?

----------

The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth - it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.

Probably should give people

jit

Probably should give people longer than that if there's only one entry so far. I'll start making one tomorrow and help the cause!

Sure thing, it was just a

kenor

The Cardsharp

Sure thing, it was just a proposal!

----------

The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth - it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.

Here's mine.

Giogiogio4

Here's mine. Yep I was able to finally able get my keyboard up and running.

I have this weird anime/movie scorish gaming kind of feel whenever i write music.
Some errors here and there but I suck at playing in tempo like a robot and did not plan to tab it all out. Most of it was improv for about 40 mins before I just went with this.

Piano: steinberg Italian grand Ivory ( My favorite Piano VST EVER )
Other stuff is : East West Orch Gold.
Shimmer pedal: Valhalla Shimmer on Concert hall

I'm starting to use the Major scale much more in my music and Loving it. It works so great to add contrast to a song instead of a simple key change or harmony.

----------

Re: Here's mine.

BigHeadClan

Awesome, must say the opening Piano reminds me of Gundam seed.

Off topic here, but you use a G3 to record right? Have you tried the G5? And if so what where the pro's/cons?

Re: Here's mine.

Giogiogio4

BigHeadClan said

Awesome, must say the opening Piano reminds me of Gundam seed.

Off topic here, but you use a G3 to record right? Have you tried the G5? And if so what where the pro's/cons?

For guitar stuff? There isn't much difference. I have the older G3 the new one has a nice build in pedal.G5s has the two way pedal. The G5 has an extra screen to use and a tube. Outside of the obvious hardware all the effects are pretty much the same. The G5 can use 9 at a time though while the G3 uses 6. http://www.samsontech.com/zoom/products/guitar-effects/g5/

Cons.. idk. for 200 bucks it beats most other systems. It really depends on how you use it. Even if you dont use it as an amp sim you still get a bunch of effects do use and that in itself is helpful. i think the biggest plus to it is the fact the amp sim allows you to turn the cab model off. So you can hook it to your pc and use impulses to get more sounds.

Cons well It's just like every other amp sim. its still gonna take some figuring out to get that sound you want. but its much easier than other products with crazy menus.

----------

I can't figure out how to

SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I can't figure out how to upload my song, could someone help me? Never mind I figured it out.

Tranquil Sorry about the

SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Tranquil

Sorry about the poor quality and the dog barking but I hope you like it.

Thanks Giogiogio4, I've

BigHeadClan

Thanks Giogiogio4, I've played with my buddies G2 and I really liked it. Guess I'll have to try them out in person when I get the chance.

Wow that sounds awesome

karathrow

Wow that sounds awesome Brody.

Thanks

Brody

Thank you Karathrow ;)
And finaly we got more songs here. The songs from giogiogio and Sir Lancelot are also realy awesome :)

Quite impressive Brody, I

SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Quite impressive Brody, I wish I had the skills you do at coming up with music. I hope to see more from you in the future:)

Submission

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

I'll be submitting my entry soon.

Edit: Alright, here it is:
DanteUruzu - Tranquility

Dante Uruzu - Tranquility (Solo Instruments Only Version)

I wish I knew how to mix and stuff XD

----------

Re: Submission

SirLancelot

SirLancelot

That's really nice reminds of Professor Layton for some reason.

Re: Submission

DanteUruzu

SIr Dante Uruzu

:-) Thank you. I've listened to the soundtrack for one of the Professor Layton games before (can't remember which) and the music is really nice. Great music. I've played a little bit of one of the games. It's the one where you're in this village or town. It's been a while since I played it. Maybe I'll resume playing it again :D

----------

One day left

kenor

The Cardsharp

One day left

----------

(No subject)

Giogiogio4

----------

almost done, hope im not too

jit

almost done, hope im not too late, completely forgot about this till i saw the post today haha

Edit: Here's my entry. Good luck to everyone, I listened to a few and they are all really good.
Feel Good Sink.

RESULTS

kenor

The Cardsharp

Results:

Brody - Tranquility: Very soothing piece. Not exactly my cup of tea, but definitely a professional composition.

Giogiogio4 - Tranquillity Draft 1: Yep, that definitely sounds movie/anime-ish. A lovely romantic, nostalgic piece.

SirLancelot - Tranquil: I can get the mood of the song despite the lack of audio quality. At first I thougt it's just a pause in the end before the piece unrolls (:

DanteUruzu - Tranquility: I think this one fits the theme very well. That violin VSTi is strangely out of tune sometimes... nevertheless I liked it quite a lot.

jit - Feel Good Sink: Very different style from the other entries, but still fits the theme imo.

Since there is no objective criteria for choosing the winner, I will just pick the one that felt the most tranquil to me, and that would be gio. Thanks to all contestants, I enjoyed all entries.

----------

congrats gio and nice job

jit

congrats gio and nice job everyone else. i really like brody's piece but i kind of wished he turned down the synth pads a bit, it was kind of overpowering the rest of the instruments which i thought was put together nicely, but not too big of a deal. gio's and dante's piece were put together nicely and i liked the simplicity of lancelot's.