You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Should we add vocaloid tabs?

worldeditor11

I dont mind though but I would like to know the opinions of other members first.

Visual novel - A novel with graphical presentation and sound.

Vocaloid - Basically a voice synthesizer.

We already include visual

auriplane

We already include visual novels, but not vocaloid.

Eroge does not mean visual novels.

----------

Auriplane!!

Eroge? Not all Visual novels

BigHeadClan

Eroge? Not all Visual novels are 18+

In any case I'm all for both, Guilty Crown has some tracks by Supercell which uses vocaloids
from time to time.

Guilty Crown falls under the

Ennea

humhum..

Guilty Crown falls under the Anime category, I'm all against vocaloid though. Has nothing to do with Games except being electronic.

And I hate the sound of it.
And most of the songs.
And everything else...

What Ennea said. Can't stand

auriplane

What Ennea said. Can't stand vocaloid.

----------

Auriplane!!

well too bad, i dont like the

Clanver

Pixelfingers cant play

well too bad, i dont like the sound of vocaloids but some songs themselves are really great. And almost all of em have covers which are sung by actual people.

So i dont mind either way~
But i understand, somewhere, there should be a line else we go all the way to jpop, jrock kind of music >_<

So 3 disagree and 2 agree.Due

worldeditor11

So 3 disagree and 3 agree.Due to lack of response,let me give some points to argue about.

Visual novel
1.Its true that not all visual novels are under eroge BUT most of them are.
2.Are you sure we included the visual novels tabs because i cant see them using the browse tab feature except sengoku rance theme of sill tab by Hakoria which is under pc.
3.VN is not actually considered as a video game although some insist it is.I already said that VN is a novel with graphical presentation and sound.Its like an anime which contain still images and choices which you can choose from.For example if you play the Ace Attorney series(non eroge),you will notice that most of the time you only need to read the text given and make some choices which sometimes can affect the whole story.Let me quote Kotaro Uchikoshi, the director/writer of 999,

“I believe visual-novel games don’t belong in a game store, but in a bookstore – although that might bother some of the game stores who like to sell my games, so perhaps I should rephrase it: games stores can certainly sell visual novels, but they should also be sold in bookstores. The visual-novel genre should not be fighting against major RPG/action-adventure games that developers spend billions of dollars on.”

Vocaloid
1.I agree with ennea and auriplane on the sound.To those who never heard vocaloid,the sound they are talking about is mostly their singing voice like being chipmunk(extremely high pitch),lack of flow,distorted,soulless,staccato singing etc.
2.Similar to auriplane,i also cant stand vocaloid but only on its singing not its concept and idea.
3.But can we say that after let say,the next five years.
4.Vocaloid which is actually a software,more or less the same as a musical intrument synthesizer(even tuxguitar and guitar pro) except its for vocal which will improve to the point where the main problems stated earlier will be solved due to advances in technology.Compare the vocaloid 1 with vocaloid 2 and vocaloid 2 with vocaloid 3.The difference in quality is tremendous and become more apparent with each newer series plus more realistic singing.
5.The vocaloid songs that you normally hear in the internet are mostly made by fans of the program.Most of these fans are not certified/professional musical composers or songwriters.They are mostly common people who see the hidden potential in the program.What they see is not the present but the future.And the problems are mainly due to these fans who failed to use the software at its optimum potential(lack of voice tweaking which is the hardest part to do and troublesome for many users).
6.Hell,maybe in the next decade or two,maybe your guitar pro software may include voice synthesizer that is voiced by your favourite singer.A famous quote among vocaloid fans,

“ You can't fight progress, no matter how strange it sounds. ”

— Miriam Stockley, voice provider of "Miriam".

I will give you some song titles that i remember which is sang by vocaloid that contain the listed problems,
1.Melt
2.World is mine
3.Let be friends
4.Romeo and cinderella
5.Cantarella

Song titles that i remember which is sang by vocaloid that contain the listed problems but at the most minimum,
1.Yuuhi Zaka
2.きみにごめんね
3.PonPonPon
4. キャットフード
5.エトランゼ

Edited thread topic to say

auriplane

Edited thread topic to say "vocaloid" only, because there's nothing to discuss about VNs.

----------

Auriplane!!

Vocaloid has continuously

Hakoria

Laon King

Vocaloid has continuously grown since almost a decade ago even in western communities but it's not game related at all unless a company (or a fan) uses it in a title. Maybe a doujin game has done this by now, iunno, I don't check every comiket/other events for those.

About your VN #2 point: VNs are mostly under the PC category (Ib, Sengoku Rance) or whichever platform they're on (Ever17 is on multiple, PC included, Xbox360 hasn't been added yet). There's no "VN" list just like how there are no "RPG"/"Platformer"/etc lists. There's not a lot of tabs, I should contribute there this year.

Re: Vocaloid has continuously

worldeditor11

Hakoria said

There's no "VN" list just like how there are no "RPG"/"Platformer"/etc lists.

Why not?

TBH this shouldn't even be

Ennea

humhum..

TBH this shouldn't even be debatable. Some Vocaloid songs are included in anime and games, those are fine since they are part of the actual game - but as a standalone it's just a song like any song ever. What does it even have to do with gametabs in this case, it's like saying "there were popsongs in ff x-2, so can't we just tab any popsong and post them here?"

The answer is obviously no.

Not saying it should be that strict (like bhaels lord of the rings tabs) but at least as a general guideline.

I agree. Let's keep it to

auriplane

I agree. Let's keep it to games and anime (with the occasional exception for established community members, I guess).

----------

Auriplane!!

there are games for that

Jacob31593

there are games for that singing blue haired robogirl, i cant tell if thats what we're discussing or not

I think there's a tab for one

auriplane

I think there's a tab for one of them, but no, not that.

----------

Auriplane!!

Welcome to weeabootabs.net

karathrow

Welcome to weeabootabs.net where we occasionally mention video games.

While we're at it, what's the

Kiku

No Sympathy

While we're at it, what's the consensus on rhythm games like Bemani and DJMAX? I'm assuming it's fine since we have Rhythm Heaven Fever tabs, but what about the games where the music is predominantly vocal pop songs?

Re: TBH this shouldn't even be

worldeditor11

Ennea said

TBH this shouldn't even be debatable. Some Vocaloid songs are included in anime and games, those are fine since they are part of the actual game - but as a standalone it's just a song like any song ever. What does it even have to do with gametabs in this case, it's like saying "there were popsongs in ff x-2, so can't we just tab any popsong and post them here?"

Not saying it should be that strict (like bhaels lord of the rings tabs) but at least as a general guideline.

TBH this shouldn't even be debatable.

So we are being honest here.Let me be extremely frank with you,it is debatable.If it is not,i wont bring it up in the first place.

Some Vocaloid songs are included in anime and games, those are fine since they are part of the actual game - but as a standalone it's just a song like any song ever.

True but since when anime songs are part of the actual game.It is not even a game,its just a tv show.As a standalone,this i also agree with you but isnt it also apply to anime songs that are present in the opening and ending sequence for most anime.

What does it even have to do with gametabs in this case, it's like saying "there were popsongs in ff x-2, so can't we just tab any popsong and post them here?"

Main question,what does anime and visual novels got anything to do with gametabs.So,we can tab any song that is not pop related and post it in this site,is that what you are trying to say.Okay,i know what are trying to say that gametabs is gametabs not vocaloidtabs or nihontabs.I understand gametabs.net exists for storing tabs that are for video games but as time passes,tabs other than video games started to get included in this site.The main reason i brought this one up because there are anime tabs included in this site which as you all know by now is not categorized under video game,which also includes j pop, j rock and whatnot.If there arent any tabs in here that are not video game related,hell, then like ennea said this matter is totally not debatable.But since this site do include tabs that are not video game related,this case is still open for debate unless the admin steps in and say NO.And i am fine with that.

I wont say that if i were you.

See.I said so.You just contradict your previous argument with this statement.What you are saying is we should let some pass and some dont.Then,who decide it.Its like saying if some members post enough x number of tabs,then he/she entitled to post x number of tabs that are not video game related.The general guideline which you all probably would have known is VIDEO GAME TABS ONLY others buzz off.

auriplane said

I agree. Let's keep it to games and anime (with the occasional exception for established community members, I guess).

With her usual polite and well-thought comment, just save some of Ennea's crumbling argument and what do you mean by 'with the occasional exception for established community members, I guess'.Who are these established community members and what decides who is a established community member first and foremost of all.Since you are guessing means that you dont have the definite answer.In the end i feel that we are practicing double standard when reviewing a member's tab.Is it right to do so?

Re: While we're at it, what's the

worldeditor11

Kiku said

While we're at it, what's the consensus on rhythm games like Bemani and DJMAX? I'm assuming it's fine since we have Rhythm Heaven Fever tabs, but what about the games where the music is predominantly vocal pop songs?

Actually,i also have this question before so thanks kiku for bringing this up.What i wanted to know is should we discriminate music based on its genre?As far as i could tell,music know no boundaries.As long it is from a video game, i think its fine to post it in this site no matter what type of music present in the game.

I don't know if we have a

auriplane

I don't know if we have a consensus, but here's my opinion: licensed songs in music games aren't really game music. Otherwise, you could do any song in Guitar Hero, which wouldn't be in keeping with the spirit of the site at all. On the other hand, original music in Bemani games counts, although for some reason, no one seems interested in tabbing it.

----------

Auriplane!!

What do I mean by exceptions?

auriplane

What do I mean by exceptions for established community members? Well, we've posted KiRite arrangements, even though those aren't from any game or anime. I'd like to keep the exceptions to a minimum, though. If you want to share something that's off-topic, like Bhael's arrangement of Concerning Hobbits, you can create a forum thread to do so.

I'm willing to listen to people's opinions, but ultimately it's up to the discretion of whoever approves the tabs--in many cases HSL, and sometimes me. Personally, I don't plan to post anything I don't feel is in keeping with the spirit of the site, so if people try to find loopholes or argue technicalities, don't expect me to be convinced. I simply don't care.

----------

Auriplane!!

Most of the music in Bemani

karathrow

Most of the music in Bemani games are originally created for the game itself. While it does have tracks from other konami games and licensed pop songs I don't think it's anywhere comparable to guitar hero.

Ennea

humhum..

worldeditor11 said

See.I said so.You just contradict your previous argument with this statement.What you are saying is we should let some pass and some dont.Then,who decide it.Its like saying if some members post enough x number of tabs,then he/she entitled to post x number of tabs that are not video game related.The general guideline which you all probably would have known is VIDEO GAME TABS ONLY others buzz off.

Lol. Keep in mind that english isn't everyones native language. We can try to argue in german than I might be able to make my point clearer.

But you even said it yourself, it shouldn't be vocaloidtabs or nihontabs, the gap between those two and gametabs is just huge and at least for me absolutely incomprehensible.

worldeditor11

Guten tag.

This problem has been already

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

This problem has been already discussed a lot of time.

In theory, gametabs only accept tabs from game music. I think the point 3 of the following link explains well enough what it means: http://ocremix.org/info/Submission_Standards_and_Instructions

Now if you look on the new tabs page(http://www.gametabs.net/all-tabs), you can see that there's a lot of anime tabs. It goes way further than the "exceptions for established community members".

The time has come to clarify the identity of gametabs, to rebuild its gate and replenish its pride.
Shall we delete and refuse those filthy and unpure tabs from those abjects pedophile shows, once and for all? Or will we accept those tabs, that promise us infinite succes over the dark world of the weaboos?

I call you, people of Gametabs. VOTE

Ennea

humhum..

Keep it the way it is. Vocaloid sucks :<

worldeditor11 said

Guten tag.

Servus.

Well Vocaloid songs are

LewiiG

Well Vocaloid songs are amazing and I was quite surprised when I read that, on a site like this, some people can't stand them. But Vocaloid is neither game nor anime, so it would have to have a seperate category or something. And that's just diluting the uniqueness of this site.

personaly, im opposed to

Jacob31593

personaly, im opposed to every type of loid

Rex. I love you.

karathrow

Rex. I love you.

Re: While we're at it, what's the

BigHeadClan

Some interesting points have been raised;

I think change can be a good thing and now is as good a time as any to try and take the steps necessary to grow. This doesn't mean I think it should go mainstream and accept all genres of music under the sun however.

Gamtetabs is defined by it's community which is unique to itself, however peoples interests change overtime and I think this site should be able to change with them. If it try's to hard and doesn't change it could loose it's community which defines the site.

The fact there is a category specifically for anime is proof enough, although it's also easy to say that many anime are made into videogames and vice-verse.

Re: What do I mean by exceptions?

worldeditor11

auriplane said

I simply don't care.

You heard the lady.

You left out part of my

auriplane

You left out part of my quote. I said I don't care about arguing loopholes or technicalities.

For example, if you wrote a tab for Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas, which has nothing to do with games or anime, then you found out there was a Genesis game based on Pocahontas, and you tried to use that information to submit your tab, I wouldn't approve the submission.

You know, just hypothetically.

----------

Auriplane!!

I simply don't care

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

I simply don't care

Sorry but no.Since i am the

worldeditor11

Sorry but no.Since i am the one started this tread,i will see it to the finish.

Ennea said

Keep it the way it is.

What do you mean by 'Keep it the way it is'?
I only assume that you mean,

1.Remain the same as is it now - that includes anime,video games and some other tabs that cant be categorized under the two stated.
2.Remain whats gametabs.net was meant for in the first place - Includes only video game tabs.

Vocaloid sucks :<

Yeah.Like how people react to astro boy when it first came out to the world and look whats happen now.

LewiiG said

Well Vocaloid songs are amazing and I was quite surprised when I read that, on a site like this, some people can't stand them. But Vocaloid is neither game nor anime, so it would have to have a seperate category or something. And that's just diluting the uniqueness of this site.

Looks like you didnt read properly.Ennea(my new online german friend) already argued basically the same thing.

Jacob31593 said

personaly, im opposed to every type of loid

Personally,i only opposed to celluloid.

RexLeRouge said

This problem has been already discussed a lot of time.

This problem need to be solved sooner or later.Either me or some other members will bring this matter up,only time will tell.

The time has come to clarify the identity of gametabs, to rebuild its gate and replenish its pride.

Clarify,we must.Rebuilt,we do.Replenish,we will.

Shall we delete and refuse those filthy and unpure tabs from those abjects pedophile shows, once and for all? Or will we accept those tabs, that promise us infinite succes over the dark world of the weaboos?

To those who doesnt understand french,what rex means is that either we expunge all non video game tabs in this site or open the hell's gate to accept all kinds of tabs.Gametabs Revolution is just around the corner.

I call you, people of Gametabs. VOTE

And for god sake,dont ever reply to his mating call.

karathrow said

Rex. I love you.

Kara,may eternal peace be with you as long as you live for you cant be saved once answer to the forbidden mating call.

BigHeadClan said

Some interesting points have been raised;

I think change can be a good thing and now is as good a time as any to try and take the steps necessary to grow. This doesn't mean I think it should go mainstream and accept all genres of music under the sun however.

Gamtetabs is defined by it's community which is unique to itself, however peoples interests change overtime and I think this site should be able to change with them. If it try's to hard and doesn't change it could loose it's community which defines the site.

The fact there is a category specifically for anime is proof enough, although it's also easy to say that many anime are made into videogames and vice-verse.

Agreed but i disagree when you said that many anime are made into video games and vice-verse.The thing is,not many.

uriplane said

You left out part of my quote. I said I don't care about arguing loopholes or technicalities.

For example, if you wrote a tab for Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas, which has nothing to do with games or anime, then you found out there was a Genesis game based on Pocahontas, and you tried to use that information to submit your tab, I wouldn't approve the submission.

You know, just hypothetically.

For example,if i didnt argue with your said point what will happen then.But then again,you simply don't care.

2.Remain whats gametabs.net

auriplane

2.Remain whats gametabs.net was meant for in the first place - Includes only video game tabs.

I think anime was included from the beginning.

For example,if i didnt argue with your said point what will happen then.But then again,you simply don't care.

This doesn't make any sense, so I can't answer it.

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: You left out part of my

Jacob31593

auriplane said

i however would approve such a submission
but only if the tab was made for the game version and not the movie version, since the game version is probably quite a bit different

see - http://www.gametabs.net/mighty-morphin-power-rangers/area-6-7

I think we should do any kind

thedstring

Nate Brooks

I think we should do any kind of music that accompanies something visual.

Video games, anime, movies, tv shows.

If anime, which is quite clearly not game music, is accepted, any visual media should be accepted.

Anything that's not just music.

(sorry, I'm new to the thread and really didn't want to read it all. Just my thought I've had since I joined this site)

I concur.

Bhael

I concur.

Visualmediatabs.net doesnt

Jacob31593

Visualmediatabs.net doesnt have the same ring to it

I remain neutral on this issue

I think if anime is allowed

karathrow

I think if anime is allowed then we should allow western tv shows or cartoons as well, but I'm not big on changing the site up. I would be fine if games were the only thing allowed. I think the focus of gametabs should be video game tablature.

I don't really care that much either way.

Not normally something I do

BigHeadClan

Not normally something I do but I was checking up on the topic at work and
had a amusing idea...

Everything is read from left to right, regardless of how random the box placement is. If you find the text to small to read simply hold Cntrl +scroll forwards/back on mouse to zoom in and out.

Page 1-2
Page 3-4

Haha, well done. I should

auriplane

Haha, well done.

I should listen to more J-rock.

----------

Auriplane!!

I come to this site to learn

thedstring

Nate Brooks

I come to this site to learn video game music, but I have learned a few anime songs I've never actually heard before, and I really enjoy them.

I say, if it's good and you truly love it as much as we love video game music, why not add it?

Just don't go overboard, remember that the main focus of this site is video games.

auriplane said 2.Remain whats

worldeditor11

auriplane said

I think anime was included from the beginning.

It never intended to by the the admin.

http://www.gametabs.net/articles?tags=Interview

This doesn't make any sense, so I can't answer it.

Nope.You simply don't care.

Haha, well done.

I should listen to more J-rock.

Thats because BHC didnt draw you with wearing specs.Oh yeah,BHC,you gonna get stoned(plus a permanent ban) in this site.

True. I no longer care what

auriplane

True. I no longer care what you have to say. You're incapable of basic reading comprehension, or you're being obtuse on purpose. I can't tell which, since I can't read minds, but then, see above.

I continue to care what other people have to say. If you guys reach a consensus about adding vocaloid tabs (or an "other" category or some such), send a P.M. to Ash. I bet he'd go for it.

----------

Auriplane!!

To thedstring, thedstring

worldeditor11

To thedstring,

thedstring said

I think we should do any kind of music that accompanies something visual.

You do know that there are what they call as Music Videos which are basically pop,rock,etc.

I come to this site to learn video game music, but I have learned a few anime songs I've never actually heard before, and I really enjoy them.

I say, if it's good and you truly love it as much as we love video game music, why not add it?

Just don't go overboard, remember that the main focus of this site is video games.

A vague solution.How do you not go overboard when there is no known length of the board in the first place.

auriplane saidTrue. I no

worldeditor11

auriplane said

True. I no longer care what you have to say.

Obviously, based on your previous posts.

You're incapable of basic reading comprehension, or you're being obtuse on purpose.

So,now you are telling me,that it is not enough for me to get a bare pass(with extreme difficulty) in an ABC reading test in order to have a basic reading comprehension and saying whether am i being more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees.

I can't tell which, since I can't read minds,

We all dont.You can predict(shown with two prime examples above) but not read.

but then, see above.

Damn it.You caught me with that one(again).

I continue to care what other people have to say. If you guys(and girls) reach a consensus about adding vocaloid tabs (or an "other" category or some such), send a P.M. to Ash. I bet he'd go for it.

Jokes aside,rather than having a consensus only on adding vocaloid tabs or not,why dont we also decide/discuss on

1.What types of tabs do we want in this site or a general guideline where every members need to follow.
2.The name of this site(change or keep).
3.Our Identity.
4.Problems and solutions(post it if you have one or a few)
5.The Future.

Its recommended for every members to partake actively in this tread.We will solve all these problems for once and for all.

P.S.The title of this tread was changed.

Correction : In above quote,the correction('and girls') that i did was mistakenly based on my shallow judgement(and knowledge) in this subject matter at hand and without doubt totally unnecessary for me to do so.This false correction was first rectified by a moderator in this particular forum that goes with a handle name of 'Auriplane',quite kindly with undue haste to avoid any confusion that it may have cause.Any negative consequence(s) of any kind of party that stems from my own mistake,was truly regrettable at the deepest level.

If you're going to quote me,

auriplane

If you're going to quote me, don't change the quote. (Since you're not very good at English, you probably don't know this, but "you guys" is gender-neutral, so your misquotation isn't a correction.)

I said I didn't care, but now you're just trying to piss me off. If you continue trying to get a reaction out of me, you're going to succeed.

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: auriplane saidTrue. I no

Ennea

humhum..

worldeditor11 said

1.What types of tabs do we want in this site or a general guideline where every members need to follow.
2.The name of this site(change or keep).
3.Our Identity.
4.Problems and solutions(post it if you have one or a few)
5.The Future.

wtf ? Why don't we also discuss how to archieve world peace and terraforming while debating about which of breakfast is the most suitable for a day of mountainbiking ?

What exactly are you trying to pull of here ? This site worked incredibly well without having strict rules set into stone like a unbreakable law, this is becoming stupid.

After reading this entire

TrippyB

Music + Video games = the ultimate obsession

After reading this entire thread from the beginning, I feel like it's kind of gotten out of control. While it would be cool seeing more content from different types of media, focusing primarily on video game music would be our best bet. There are other websites out there that have tabs specifically for anime and the like.

No couches, only chairs. I've

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

No couches, only chairs.

I've said my word.

Re: auriplane saidTrue. I no

worldeditor11

Stupid?No,i dont think so.
If it is stupid as you think it is,this tread will be deleted immediately by auriplane as what she did with my 'Hold it' image post.But she didnt, for now at least.

What i am intended to do is ask from the beginning whether is it all right for us to include vocaloid and visual novel tabs.Things goes way out of hand slightly after that.

For point 1.,
Video games - this should be included by default so no changes
Anime -
Visual novels - This is not a video game or an anime
Cartoon -
Movies -
Tv series -
Visual media - i am not really sure about this.Further elaboration is needed.
Vocaloid -

The ones that i leave it at blank means that those are open for debate.Do note that if you allow only one of those stated,you will quite possibly allow all kind tabs to be included in this site.

For point 2.,
I still prefer the name gametabs.net so i suggest we keep it.

For point 3.,
Where do we stand?Do we stand on one type of music or do we stand on any kind of music?

For point 4.,
Spam definitely become a nuisance in this site.

For point 5.,
That will be the outcome of this discussion.

Ennea i dont understand why adding more categories for tabs directly means stricter rules.The video game tabs will stay,that one i will say for certain,only others will be or not be affected based on this thread.