You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Morrowind - Call of Magic (ukulele)

Aleph

Call of Magic

Hello :3
Well, I've never tabbed anything before, and I've always had a lot of difficulty figuring things out by ear, but I figured I'd actually start to really try to do it without just giving up in a minute or two. And I also figured why not start with a simple melody on ukulele. Anyhow, it was all figured out by ear, and I notice that if I kind of play it along with the actual song, it doesn't really sound much like it to me, but if I play without the song playing in the background, it pretty much sounds just like it to me. I dunno. But yeah, first tab, and I've only had a ukulele for less than two days, so woo. Any tips as far as tabbing goes would be appreciated, as well.

I don't have a ukulele, but

auriplane

I don't have a ukulele, but it looks like you tabbed it in D minor instead of C minor. What if you moved all the notes down 2 frets, or so, as a starting point?

----------

Auriplane!!

Hm, well I dunno how I would

Aleph

Hm, well I dunno how I would go about doing that, considering it already starts on one of the lowest notes on the lowest string. By default, the G string on ukulele is an octave higher than one would expect. It was a bit weird at first going from guitar to ukulele since I feel like the first string will be the lowest. xP

----------

Radio. What's goin' on with that radio?

Well, it's not wrong to put

auriplane

Well, it's not wrong to put your tab in a different key. You can do that if you like :-D I was just mentioning it, 'cause you said it didn't sound right when you played along with the original song.

Do you want me to post it the way it is, then?

----------

Auriplane!!

Sounds good to me. ;D Also, I

Aleph

Sounds good to me. ;D

Also, I notice there's a shortage of ukulele tabs around these parts. :c

----------

Hehe. How much is a

auriplane

Hehe. How much is a semi-cruddy uke? xD

----------

Auriplane!!

Okay!! I posted it

auriplane

Okay!! I posted it here!

http://www.gametabs.net/elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind/call-magic-0

Does everything look good? :-D

----------

Auriplane!!

It looks fabulous. Thank you,

Aleph

It looks fabulous. Thank you, your snail-yness.

Hm, at my local music store I got my uke for around $150-ish. I never really payed much attention to prices and just looked around for one I just liked over all, but the cheapest I saw really was like around $50, and it was a pink soprano uke. Mine's a tenor and it was also a bit more expensive since it has a pickup and such installed. :3

----------